St Patrick's Day Creatu

Go to page: 1 Bookmark Thread
TokyoWolf

1:56am Mar 4 2012

Normal User

St. Patrick's Day Creatu:

NOTMINE

Should be that.

I have LOVED fizzyizze's St. Patrick's Day Platypus since I first saw it in 2008.

Also Atquati needs a seasonal.

There it is.

Opinions Welcomed! :D
LadyYelena

1:59am Mar 4 2012

Normal User

I support - Only because I love platypus though....Cant really see any of that one to say if its cute >.>

TokyoWolf

2:00am Mar 4 2012

Normal User

Seriously it was awesome ._.

I'm pretty sure it had orange feet and a dark green tail, like its bill

But seriously I have always loved it <3
LadyYelena

2:04am Mar 4 2012

Normal User

Sounds adorable <3 It definitely fits St Patricks Day. Everytime I think of platypus now though (since I have a 2 yr old in love with Phineas and Ferb) I automatically hear Perrys theme song lol. She has platypus all over her room xD

Wendla

2:20am Mar 4 2012

Normal User

Support! Platypus's are adorable, and St. Patrick's really does need a special creatu! I mean, didn't a guy named Patrick make Rescreatu?

lol, sorry for that joke!

Graveyardfox

3:22am Mar 4 2012

Normal User

Support! It'd be very cool to get another Seasonal in the game (although quite honestly there needs to be something for that massive gap in between Easter and Halloween), and Atquati is really neglected as far as Seasonals. It's only Seasonal is one that has to be exchanged, while the other three elemental planets all have one, even two findable Seasonals.

HypnoxSpazz 5evr
Ping

6:34am Mar 4 2012

Normal User

DISCLAIMER: I know everyone is going to hate me for saying this. Sorry but I don't really support this. I DON'T MEAN TO BE A PARTY POOPER.

The thing is that res' design principals have moved away from funny coloured animals in nature and mixing two animals together (though I am very disappointed with the narwi. It's not really imaginative design). This design here is just a funny coloured platypus. Platipi don't even have any relation to St Patrick's day. I was on res when the original thread was up, I read it and I know all of the reasons I have just said was mentioned there. Putting horns or spikes or something on the plaidypus (I think that's what the suggested name was? lol I don't remember) won't make it any more of an 'original' design. I know that I have complained about the idea of trying to be as 'original' as possible and how it's a silly idea to just be completely different from other pet sites. However, I feel that this is just a poor design. It needs to be amended. And by amending, I don't mean treating the animal like a sticker page. It shouldn't just be a platypus with a shamrock (I believe that's what it's called) on it. It should be a CREATU.

Also, another reason mentioned on the previous thread is that St Patrick's day is not universally celebrated. It's only really celebrated in the 'Western' end of the world (yes, Halloween, St Valentine's day and Christmas is celebrated here. I live in as Islamic country in South East Asia btw). Most of the Europeans and Americans that live where I live don't celebrate St Patrick's day anyways. But yet again, it's not really a valid arguement to me because I don't celebrate any of the holidays celebrated on res anyways (yes, I don't do Christmas).

I (HATE)' YOU

Feel the love man D:<

TokyoWolf

9:20am Mar 4 2012

Normal User

ping its ok to state your opinion :) and yeah it would need work if the pet was released, I just really wish Atquati could finally get a seasonal xD like I dont know I feel like its overlooked x.x
Graveyardfox

1:13pm Mar 4 2012

Normal User

Ping actually makes a really good point. And now that she mentions it, I do remember that thread.

I don't actually think I commented on the Creatu design itself, just the fact I supported another seasonal, especially on Atquati.

I agree that it's getting a little annoying with the animal-based pets. The Narwi bugged the heck out of me and I actually did publicly criticize it's lack of originality.
And the Galta just made me sad. I had high hopes it'd be an Omni-style pet... something original and cool that wasn't retired and people could go after it. Instead it was a space manta. ಠ_ಠ

I actually did Google it, and, although I don't know for sure, I think St. Patrick's Day is... decently celebrated. It's an Irish holiday, and has certainly rubbed off on American culture. Great Brittan seems to have been affected the same, and it's also celebrated in New Zealand and Australia.

I'd actually say St. Patrick's Day seems pretty widely celebrated. As far as Holidays are concerned, it's definitely the "next runner up" in terms of being a candidate for what could be a Res Holiday. We already have some St. Patrick's Day events, so it's not like it's not popular enough for Res to ignore it.

HypnoxSpazz 5evr
LadyYelena

3:41pm Mar 4 2012

Normal User

I understand that point of view, but not everyone celebrates Valentines,  Easter, Halloween, Christmas etc. either, but it doesnt mean you can't enjoy a new creatu just because you don't celebrate it. If they do add a St Patricks Day creatu seasonal, and it isnt a platypus, Id still support getting a new one. ( I realllly love platypus though :( ) It doesnt have to look exactly like a platypus. Who ever designs it, should they decide to add it, could make one more original that has some characteristics of it, without it looking just like one. Or they could go with something different all together. *shrug* I still support

Midna

11:51pm Mar 16 2012

Normal User

An Aussie creatu, huh? :D I'd love that. Although I've barely seen Platypus in the wild, I'm still happy we have a unique animal. (Yes, I'm Australian).
I mean, Kangaroos look like a normal rodent, just larger. A Kookaburra is just another bird, Emus are funny-looking birds, Echidnas are Australian hedgehogs xD But Platypus are... well, I can't really think of anything it's based off. It's a mix of a duck, a beaver and a... fuzzball. Yeah. I think Res deserves an epic creatu :D
Support, durp.

TokyoWolf

12:01am Mar 17 2012

Normal User

Thanks Link <3 :)
TokyoWolf

11:18pm Mar 18 2012

Normal User

bump
Oraleean

2:29am Apr 7 2012

Normal User

What about a kiwi? 
Sorry, I had to write it, Linkification. :D
Kinera

11:16am Apr 7 2012

Normal User

I support, and I do not support. 

We don't celebrate that day in Norway. I don't even know why it's celebrated. And I think that this site should be international. 

But I love the idea with a seasonal for Atquati! And the creatu is really cute ^^,

YoursTruly

4:41pm Apr 7 2012

Normal User

We don't celebrate that day that I can't remember where everyone gets given those beads and basically everyone gets drunk here in Ireland, but they still have that. xD;

Ty's only problem is that it's too close to easter. She'd rather one sometime in the summer, than near all the others. |3

Well now. I should... Probably put something intelligent here. At some point. Eventually.
... Screw it. HYE. ♥
Midna

9:53pm Apr 8 2012

Normal User

Kiwis live in NZ eue

omnoms

11:50am Jun 6 2012

Normal User

True that, Yous. Summer should have some kind of seasonal-like creatu.
It's just so long time pause without any cool events 8I

I love the idea of the Fizzy's platypus ;o; I loved it a lot too when i first saw it,
and the idea of new seasonal for a party, that we dont celebrate here in Finland,
but which i love a lot in many internet sites i go in, plus it would be one more creatu
for Atquati, which doesnt have that many as other planets (except Uldavi but derp)
made me think it's really, really cool and amazing idea. ;u; Platypus would fit atquati well, since it is a water-like creature. :D Support, though, i wish we could drag St. Patrick's day into the summer ;w;

Graveyardfox

1:23am Jun 7 2012

Normal User

Please remember to check the dates of previous posts. Necroposting - posting on a thread older than four weeks - is against the rules unless you are the owner of the thread.

Support Staff

HypnoxSpazz 5evr
Go to page: 1