Sell things to NPC's?

Go to page: 1 Bookmark Thread
White

3:48pm May 30 2009

Normal User

alright, so, here we go.

first of all, items.

good things about this: items that cant be sold because no one has tu in this economy can sell there things here.

bad things about this: certain prices may be made for this, making other people's merchant shops go higher/lower. Plus, items you buy from the already made npc shops could differenciate, making the price of the npc's items change every 15 minutes, which wouldn't be fair.

also, rarity. I have no clue how that would affect what you sell, or how many people actually have the item. So, there is not much luck in that.

now, eggs.

good things about this: the eggs can be found everywhere, and you could sell them to get you some extra tu, to buy something thats hard to buy. Easy way to bring up the economy.

bad things about this: this would label an initial price for the eggs, making it more or less expensive. People want to change egg prices with what time the eggs come around, different rarities, and whenever the creatu gets a new look/gets colors. Not very fair to always have the eggs priced the same.

and finally, creatu.

good things about this: those darn sepias again, taking up all your eggs, and no one will buy them. Well, the good news? You could sell them to the npc, and actually make some money for those eggs you spent tu on/ or spent your time looking for them.

bad things about this: creatus initial price will be stamped, making it sell for around the same price everywhere. Some better named ones may be worth more, but they could all be the same. And also, it could be worse, could be better.

sorry if anything is misspelled, wrote this quickly.

pick your poison. :)

We're dead.
Lathrine

3:53pm May 30 2009

Normal User

this idea, i like it. O:

over all, i think that being able to sell to npc's would do more help then harm, but that's my my opinion. C:

"Stay thy blade from the flesh of the innocent. Hide in plain sight. Never compromise the Brotherhood."
Live and die by the Assassin's Creed. Will you take the Leap of Faith?
pokemonmew

3:53pm May 30 2009

Normal User

What and where is npc?
Lathrine

3:58pm May 30 2009

Normal User

Npc stands for none player characters, pokemonmew. C: they're the people who run the shops like the black market and potion shop.

"Stay thy blade from the flesh of the innocent. Hide in plain sight. Never compromise the Brotherhood."
Live and die by the Assassin's Creed. Will you take the Leap of Faith?
MiaViper

4:08pm May 30 2009

Normal User

oh no... Please no. X3
res's ecconomy is surprisingly well set over all the time i played.

erm well, besides for creatu... *lol* and there are other way to cure that then with a -won't know what happens if gets invented- npc buying off pets.
the place i've seen it invented spiraled into horribly breeding manners just to get some measy money for pets... Poor pets! ;3;

if you only get sepias... Just accept it as bad luck, you don't even need to actually name and keep or sell them anymore.
let it go, do quests and hope for an albino (or whatever you're collecting) next time. Quests give more tu then selling most colors in first place.

~Mia
Keep in mind: Artist =/= Magican
White

4:15pm May 30 2009

Normal User

I am accepting any opinions, these are just my thoughts upon how flawed every system would be. Myself, i usually dump sepias into the forest, since i dont wan't them. (:

We're dead.
MiaViper

4:23pm May 30 2009

Normal User

saw it, nice thing to set up pros and contras already. ^^ *just needed to throw in own 2-cents*

releasing, was what i used to do too. Xd
though i recently noticed a new option in hatchery. It's a link wich tells you you can "let it go". That one makes the creatu poof without you need to name it... I like that, no more illnamed creatu (hopefully), no more need to use up good names... X3

~Mia
Keep in mind: Artist =/= Magican
Ping

2:44am May 31 2009

Normal User

This npc is that trash heap. There's no need to sell items to npcs when we've already got a system like this.

I (HATE)' YOU

Feel the love man D:<

StarletPhoenix

12:19pm May 31 2009

Normal User

Actually i don't think we need any of those things.

Items can be dropped off at the trash heap already so players get tu for that. Npc not needed.

Eggs can already be turned in at the egg quest in exchange for tu. Therefore, npc not needed for that either.

As for creatu, value of creatu is thrashed enough without adding another equation into it. I feel adding a place to dump pets in exchange for tu would only make this problem worse. So i say.. Flat no to that one. If you hatch a pet you don't want and don't think you'll be able to sell, release it.

Go to page: 1