Rescreatu - Virtual Pet Game

Other's Graveyard Pets

Go to page: 1 Bookmark Thread
SolitaryEngel

9:54am Nov 6 2009

Normal User

So... I'm a little masochistic so I search for rare pets sometimes in the graveyard... there are so many, and probably most wont ever come out because their owners have discontinued their use of this site. What I'm proposing is that after a certain amount of time in the graveyard (3 months... six months, year?) another player can attempt to do a ressurection quest for them. So say if the gold omni I found today has been in the graveyard for 6 months, I can find it through "Search Pets" and click a button that says something like "Rescue Pet," or "Ressurrect so-and-so's pet." Maybe with a countdown or date that tells you when the six month mark is. I think it's a great idea!

Also it would be nice to be able to do jobs again =) I came after they were disabled so I'd like to see what that's like. Please and thank you!

LadyMargit

2:58pm Nov 6 2009

Normal User

I hear you. I too am eyeing the graveyard for rare pets I can't seem to collect any other way.

There are 9 black Omnis dead and no longer named in the Graveyard, so they've been dead at least a month already.

There should be some kind of expense to this type of resurrection, based on the rarity of the creatu and its color. Maybe that expense in tu should go to the account of the person who let them die, so if they ever do come back on they won't have totally lost the expense of obtaining the pet.

LadyMargit, a Silicon Valley Grandma
Thanks to SoulyTer for the wonderful Siggie!
Bring back the Publish a Book Contest!
Reeses

3:02pm Nov 6 2009

Normal User

This has been sugggested before, and I think staff themself came onto the thread disagreeing.  It's their pet by right, so I believe that they should still keep it.  Pet values in Tu are always bumping up and down as well, so the Tu can't be preset.  Besides, there are people who are willing to buy Black CS pets in pure but can't find anyone because there aren't many in the system.  It's just plain not fair, and I see it as stealing. 

Wat.
ಠ_ಠ
Missy95

2:43am Nov 8 2009

Normal User

I agree with Reeses, and i think it would be cool to have the Job tower.. or whatever it is back again :)

Yaizhbeen

11:34pm Nov 9 2009

Normal User

I disagree. Especially in case of CS pets. Maybe the inactive user paid real money to get the CS eggs and hatch their precious black or albino. If their let it die it is their choice, no right for others to just snatch it, no matter if they compensate with some TU that has no real life value. Omnis and Kiokas are hard to get, yes, but wasn't that the point of their retirement? What good would it do to retire the CS pets if everyone could still get one easily?

SolitaryEngel

9:33pm Nov 10 2009 (last edited on 9:34pm Nov 10 2009)

Normal User

Hmm. I can see how you would feel that way... but then also I think that if their pet has died and been in the graveyard for 6 or more months, then they don't have a right to their pet anymore. I don't view it as "stealing" at all. If you don't take care of your real dog for a few weeks and it's reported by a neighbor then ASPCA or animal control comes and takes it and you get a fine and a legal record... 6 months is much longer than that. Why should rescreatu.com cater to the lazy member? Losing hard-earned pets could be a penalty strong to keep people playing once a week or at least keep players from being fair-weathered and flighty. (Playing for a week, disappearing for five, coming back for three days... disappearing for two months...) It's just like the practice of online communities where if you don't post for 30 days then they delete your account... not unheard of. Whoever develops the coding could even include a clause in the Terms of Agreement that told them what was afoot, and set up a widespread account flag so everyone had to read and agree again before aquiring new Creatu.

And who said it had to be easy to get them? Maybe it could be set up so that you had to bend over backwards and give out an arm AND a leg to get them... it would just be a different way than paying TU or trading like is available now. I'm not proposing a free for all... "Omnis for one TU!", I'm proposing a Creatu recycling system. Have you searched through the graveyard like I have? There aren't that many rare creatu and when they're all scooped up, there's not going to be even ONE new dead 6-12 month decomposed Kioka or Omni a day. If a hundred or more new rares popped up every single day then they might be less of a rarity, and you might have reason to worry that your FIVE Omnis might have decreased in value.

Just a note: The system I'm proposing I wouldn't even profit from because I'm way too new and poor to be able to manage a quest or whatever might be established for reviving anything extraordinary. It's just an idea to recycle wasted server space.

Sayn

10:17pm Nov 10 2009 (last edited on 10:18pm Nov 10 2009)

Normal User

I highly disagree! about a year ago I lost my p*censored*word and email to an account that account had a black kioka, albino jaaku, blonde jaaku/easero, etc. and I'm still trying to find my p*censored*word and email to it, eventually I will, and I will revive all my pets :) Hopefully...

~~~woosh~~~O3o
Breeze

10:40pm Nov 10 2009

Normal User

This was suggested before, but instead it was about Resurrecting other user's pets names.  This is a pretty neat idea because the Creatu colors just stay in the graveyard for what seems forever ^^ 

I AGREE.

Sayn

12:31am Nov 11 2009

Normal User

Also, this may cause riots, because someone might resurruct someone else's pets and the original owner might go and Rmail the person who resurructed his/her pet and, who knows what'd happen next...

~~~woosh~~~O3o
Valorium

8:03am Nov 11 2009

Normal User

I highly disagree! This is a game and the pets here can not be compared to real life pets. If I choose to let my virtual pet die and end up in the graveyard, that's entirely my choice. If I choose not to resurrect it, it's still my choice and NO ONE should have the right to steal my pets from the graveyard, even if I dont want them anymore. That's just the way I choose to play MY GAME and I shouldn't have to worry about greedy players lust over something I have accoplished and intervene with MY GAME play. If I wanted other players to have my pets, I would sell them like everyone else. If I wanted to delete all my pets, I should have the right to do so. My account is my account and the pets there are mine to do whatever I want with.

If I choose to quit the game and leave my pets on my account (to rot), that is still my choice. I shouldn't have to come back on the game a few years later and find out that other players have "rescued" my pets. That just ain't right. And still, if someone choose not to come back at all, they should have an option to delete all their pets if they so wished. We're all here to build up our own game (account) and simply because someone choose to quit doesn't mean that everything he has worked for should go to other players.  

Instead of drooling around for others pets, work on your own account and earn your pets, like everyone else. Some things need to be hard to get to keep up the interest in the site for long time players.

Also, if an account gets banned the pets should also remain banned, lost forever. That's just the way it goes and should go. It's just a way to get something that is retired even more rare. If you cherish your pixels then don't get banned, that's simple. Play by the rules.

Nothing annoys me more than people who are too lazy to play their own game and simply clicks around the site and searches for the opportunity to get their hands on a rare pet as easy as possible.

"Every man has a price he will willingly accept, even for what he hoped never to sell."
- Lord Cutler Beckett, Pirates of the Caribbean
Reeses

10:17am Nov 11 2009

Normal User

So?  Those are real life pets.  This a game.  They're different concepts.  Rescreatu would be just giving free rare pets to people if this was implemented.  I highly agree with Valorium.  Not everyone wants to leave either- perhaps they were going to go away to someplace for a while and didn't have internet access.  That's no reason to go and swipe in to steal their pets because they're apparently undeserving and 'don't have the right'.

Wat.
ಠ_ಠ
Jzbelle

8:11am Nov 13 2009

Normal User

I'd have posted a lengthy "disagree" post, but Yaizhbeen and Valorium said *exactly* what I wanted to say.  XD  Valorium even gave it my annoyed sentiment...I'm tired of people trying everything  to get someone ELSE'S pets.  I don't care how much you want the name/pet, it's NOT YOURS.  These are pixels, not real pets.  They aren't "suffering," they aren't "neglected."  It's a GAME.  If someone else WORKED to get them, they're theirs to do with as they please, even if that includes letting them die/rot in a Show Room. 

Leeching off of others hard work/good fortune is no way to get what you want.  Earn your own pets.

_Ranvier

8:17am Nov 13 2009

Normal User

I'm with Yaiz and Valorium. No thank you on this concept.

Yaizhbeen

12:25am Nov 14 2009

Normal User

"It's just like the practice of online communities where if you don't post for 30 days then they delete your account... not unheard of."

Just as you said. They delete it. They do not give it to other random users. How would you like if you abandoned an email account, but instead of deleting it, the site owner would just let someone else buy it. The one who pays enough, could read your personal mails, use your uploaded pictures, etc. Sounds good?

I wouldn't have a word against deleting inactive acounts after a set time, that's completely understandable and acceptable. But giving your abandoned stuff away or let others resurrect your pets is not. There is no rule  that only those deserve to own a virtual pet who visit it daily. Who managed to spare up and buy one deserves it, even if they decide not to log in for a year or two. Those who cannot spare up for a rare pet, do not deserve one, even if they spend every day logged in to Res, whining over the Graveyard.

Go to page: 1