NPC's

Go to page: 1 Bookmark Thread
Meg

11:26am Nov 4 2012 (last edited on 11:27am Nov 4 2012)

Normal User

Sit tight, this is a long read.

Okay. You know how you go to the NPC shops and they always say the exact same thing over and over and over again? Well, I got this idea off of insert name of large chain where you bring stuffed animals to life online, one of the store owners says different things the more you tip him and buy from him. Why not do something like that one Res? Here is an example I came up with. This is what Nicolette says all the time:

Welcome, welcome, I'm Nicolette and this here is Trixie. Ahh, I see you
need some fashion help. Not to worry, we carry all the hottest styles so
 whether you want to be goth, punk, geek, or anything else we can help.
If you're feeling particularly adventurous, you can even mix and match
styles to create your own, just buy the right clothes and put them on.

Now, here is what she would say after you spent about 100k:
Hello again. You remember me, Nicolette and Trixie here, right? I see you still need some fashion advice. We carry a bunch of styles, so don't worry about it. I'll always have new, fresh things coming in, so if you don't find what you like right away, keep looking. Remember Trixie and I will always be here to help if you need anything.

Now, after you have spent about a mil:
Ah, my blooming fashion designer! I, Nicolette, and Trixie here will help you find what you need. I see that you haven't quite reached that stage of fashion nirvana, but you are getting there! Remember to mix and match styles to create the perfect wardrobe. Make sure you snag any great deals you see, they may not be here for long.

This would be the final one, when you spend 10mil:
Welcome back! It is always great to see my best customer coming in, and looking so very fashionable too! Looking for something to spruce up your outfit? I'm sure Trixie here and I can help out. Don't forget to call on me if you need anything, I'm always here to help! By the way, there is going to be insert rare item here in stock today, so look out for it!

I thought the rare item thing would be a nice touch, sort of a reward for spending that much. If it can't be coded, no biggie, but I thought it would be nice to have more than just the text as a reward. Some people spend this much at these stores anyways (I have spent a bunch at the clothing and squishy shops). It would be nice to have some sort of gauge to how much you have spent, and maybe once you reach the final text, the next time you go into the store you receive some rare item (there could be options and you pick) and an avvie. For Nicolette it could be a rare item of clothing, for Debbie it could be a squishy, Elizabeth a book, Kamea could have a cool piece of candy, etc. I'll probably have more ideas for each of the NPCs if there is any interest in it. This could also apply to quests when you finish a lot of quests. Tell me what you think ^^

Meg

11:55am Nov 4 2012 (last edited on 11:55am Nov 4 2012)

Normal User

I did one for Debbie too:

Normal one:
Why hello there, I'm Debbie. Watch out, Kayla is in here somewhere, she
looks just like the squishies. We all have fond memories of snuggling
into bed with our favorite squishy. Together, we want to create those
memories for the next generation of young Creatu. We carry squishies of
almost any pet in almost any color along with squishies that aren't pets
 at all. Buy just one or enough to fill a bed, whatever it takes to make
 your babies happy right?

100k:
Welcome back to my shop! You remember Kayla, right? You must remember me, Debbie. Are you buying more squishies for your creatu? How sweet of you. We carry almost every color of every pet of squishy, so I am sure you will find one that your precious babies will love. Buy as many as you like, just watch out for Kayla, she looks just like a squishy.

A mil:
Are you here to buy more squishies? Your little creatu must love you. We get new shipments all the time, so if you don't find one at the moment, you can always come back later and find the perfect one for your darling pet. Just don't try to buy Kayla, she looks so much like all of these squishies I have trouble telling where she is at times!

10mil:
My best customer! Come in, come in, it is always so nice to see someone who loves their creatu just as much as I love Kayla! Have a seat and look around, I won't stop you. Feel free to chose any squishy you would like, they are all for sale, especially for you. Also, I am having a shipment of insert rare squishy name here coming in today, so make sure you check for those!

Juke

10:13pm Nov 5 2012

Content Manager

This.

This. So much support.

So much it hurts.

Meg

9:27pm Nov 12 2012

Normal User

Bump ^^

Meg

9:14pm Nov 20 2012

Normal User

Bump :(

Jenny

9:18pm Nov 20 2012

Normal User

Support. Would make it more interesting. :3

i’m such a gamer uwu
Icalasari

Normal User

I support this
thursdaydarling

Normal User

i support! that would be way cool! add some flavor!
Sagitaurus

9:22pm Nov 20 2012

Normal User

I think that it would be a lot of coding work when there are still things around the site that still need to be finished, such as the battle dome and the wardrobes.  Sorry hun. >:

Meg

8:52am Nov 21 2012 (last edited on 8:53am Nov 21 2012)

Normal User

I didn't want the coders to work on it before the battle system was done. I'd be mad if they did, in fact. But, seeing as the festivals now have NPCs a little bit more integrated (considering they are people), maybe sometime down the road we could have them saying something other than the same old boring thing.

Go to page: 1