It's a bird, it's a plane, NO! It's my new creatu idea!

Go to page: 1, 2 Bookmark Thread
Daisy03

9:12pm Mar 14 2010 (last edited on 9:12pm Mar 14 2010)

Normal User

Well, it doesn't fly at all... because it's a hermit crab :) that's right a little crabby. I have two hermit crabs myself, and love them dearly...

Gertrude ~ http://i44.tinypic.com/2cr93ro.jpg

Arnold ~ http://i43.tinypic.com/zu1ml5.jpg 

Anyways, so I was cleaning their tank out earlier and I thought to myself, wouldn't it be so cool to have a hermit crab creatu? It could be a fun summer seasonal, and plus it would be really neat if it was found in Atquati - which really needs a new pet. Also, it would be easy to make colors for it, as hermit crabs can live in different colored shells all the artists would have to do to change the pet's color is to change that of the shell - the crab itself remains the same color (like a real hermit crab). 

~ another idea is for failed hatches you can get a seashell. I'd love to have an albino seashell lying around in my gallery! 

So, what do y'all think? 

:P
zebez

9:24pm Mar 14 2010 (last edited on 9:26pm Mar 14 2010)

Normal User

Your hermit crabs are adorable and I love their names.

However, I think the skaldyr and goiba are a little crab like to me. Atquati could use a fish. We have a seadragon, a turtle and a tadpole. I mean the closest thing we have to a fish is a Sirleon (which is actually a sealion, loltastic rite?) For peat's sake there is even a dog with wings but no fish?

-end rant-

O`_o
Daisy03

9:29pm Mar 14 2010 (last edited on 9:29pm Mar 14 2010)

Normal User

good point... but we all agree that atquati needs a new seasonal pet :) Anyways, the goiba is a mutated turtle-frog and the skaldyr is a lobster. Not a hermie in sight!

Dustfeather

9:31pm Mar 14 2010

Normal User

I agree with Zebez. The Skaldyr is alot like what a hermit crab creatu would be; same with the Goiba. Less so, but still too similar to ignore.

I'm all for having a fish creatu. For all said points. ;P

Dustfeather -> Sparrow -> Universe
Daisy03

9:35pm Mar 14 2010

Normal User

Yes they would be similar, but looks at the otachie and the ebilia! Both are cats with wings. Honestly the hermit crab could be really cute, with cute little eyestalks and a brightly-colored swirly shell and adorable little pinchers... the goiba is a fat, blue amphibious turtle and the skaldyr, well, I wouldn't want to find one of those things while I was swimming.

Nessie

9:35pm Mar 14 2010

Normal User

Support!

Hermit crabs are awesome. o3o

Daisy03

9:36pm Mar 14 2010

Normal User

*high-fives nessie*

Dustfeather

9:47pm Mar 14 2010 (last edited on 9:47pm Mar 14 2010)

Normal User

The Otachie and Ebilia don't look similar at all. First and foremost, the Ebilia is a rotting cat. Otachie isn't. Plus their tails, ears, fur patterns, eyes, wings-- gee, just about everything is different. Just because they're both cats with wings doesn't mean they look similar. :p

I beg to differ-- Goibas aren't fat in any way. If anything, Hermit Crabs would look fat.
Anyways.
Skaldyrs and Goibas are both things with shells, just like a Hermit Crab. Hermit Crabs would even have the little claws just like Skaldyrs. And Goibas are coming out of their shells like Hermit Crabs do. In my opinion a Hermit Crab creatu would just look like a mix of the two. ;/

Disagree with having a Hermit Crab creatu.

Daisy03

10:14pm Mar 14 2010

Normal User

it's your opinion dustfeather, you have yet to experience the joy little hermies can bring you :D Also zenerix and tesuri look similar too. 

~ Alot of atquati's pets live in shells - skaldyr, murren and goiba. Why not add another? Just looks at all of the dragons there are here on res too! 

Dustfeather

10:47pm Mar 14 2010

Normal User

The joy that hermit crabs bring you is irrelevant. xD I won't deny that they are adorable little creatures though.

"Alot of atquati's pets live in shells - skaldyr, murren and goiba. Why not add another?"
It's like you said; there are alot with shells. Which is why we shouldn't add another. :p Same with dragons. Whenever a dragon creatu idea is brought up it's usually shot down because there are too many.
Anyways.
Yep, it's my opinion and everyone is entitled to theirs. ;o So I'll just stop talking and let everyone state theirs since mine's already out in the open. xD;

~Dusty

Daisy03

12:07am Mar 15 2010

Normal User

:) okie dokie then, at least you gave some good cons of a hermie creatu.

xeeroh

1:54am Mar 15 2010 (last edited on 1:57am Mar 15 2010)

In Training

I like the idea of a hermit crab inspired creatu.

Might happen...eventually...

Invertebrates ftw!

ps.

and skaldyr are inspired by mantis shrimp.

Daisy03

2:04am Mar 15 2010

Normal User

uber cool :) love the shrimp by the way, very gorgeous *is now craving cajun food*

Daisy03

10:10am Mar 15 2010

Normal User

bump

prianamagix

10:20am Mar 15 2010

Normal User

I totally support this! Atquati has less creatu than every other planet and there aren't any seasonals on Atquati. 

And in my opinion, skaldyr look like shrimp. 

moonsilver445

10:37am Mar 15 2010

Normal User

Hm, i like the idea of a fish more. nay.

Daisy03

11:04am Mar 15 2010

Normal User

What about a fish & a hermit crab? The fish could be like a koi, but with a hint of Indian flair (I personally think it needs a bindi) And then my little hermie creatu, BAM! two new creatu for Atquati.

Makah

11:37am Mar 15 2010

Normal User

What about a hermit fish? :C

Daisy03

11:47am Mar 15 2010

Normal User

haha :D

Actually... I'd be kinda scared of that thing :/ 

Lolbot