C'mon, give others a chance already.

Go to page: 1 Bookmark Thread
Twintkitty

5:45am Feb 21 2011

Normal User

When you release a pet into the forest, let's say, a pet named Crazy. You did that out of goodwill, or just because you're leaving res. Whatever.

Anyway, after you release it in the forest, couldn't Crazy just die, and let another person snag the name, rather than waiting for someone to find it in the forest?

Yeah, that's my idea ._. 

username

2:29pm Feb 21 2011

Normal User

I'm pretty sure this already happens.
Yoshi

6:40pm Feb 21 2011

Normal User

Nah, forested pets keep their names until they're found. The only time a forest pet's name will become available while it's still in the forest is if it's found, and the finder decides they don't want to adopt. Thus the entire pet is deleted.

Anyway. I always really liked the fact that you might get good names when searching the forest. What's the point of searching otherwise? Sure, there's color and species, but adding names in increases your chances of getting lucky.

It makes the forest more worthwhile. And it actually keeps things more fair. You say give others a chance, but with the forest, everyone's chances are completely equal. No factor of when you can get on, or whether or not you know the name is going to be lost soon.

It just takes patience. When the forest is opened up again, whatever pet you're waiting for will come out. If you keep your eye on it and ask to buy the pet immediately after it's found, you should have a pretty good chance of getting it.

Outsane

12:30am Feb 22 2011

Normal User

Umm... think about it. Would you really let a pet go into the wild knowing it will die? Users are hesitant in giving creatu to Kir (not just because of the value of the colour, but because they believe he eats them). If we made creatu insta-die when they get put in the forest, it's opening a door for abuse and RAYGE.

Abuse:
Even with the name-loss-due-to-death system we have now, users are killing off their creatu rather than buying name tags. We don't need a faster way for them to avoid buying a name tag.

RAYGE:
PETA. 'nuff said.

Yaizhbeen

12:54am Feb 22 2011

Normal User

"Even with the name-loss-due-to-death system we have now, users are killing off their creatu rather than buying name tags."

It's not just about cost. Name tags give a Prehistoric pet birthday (my precious Black Omni is not Prehistoric any more thanks to that). Reviving is the only renaming way that keeps it prehistoric, so...

By the way no support for the forest pets dying. The forest is fun as it is, even chance to everyone. Dead pets losing names only give chance to Graveyard stalkers. Yes, everyone can stalk the Graveyard, but no use, if reset is at 2 pm. when I am at work o_0 (Just a minute, boss, I just hatch this kayoki egg 'cause there is an epic name... )

Outsane

1:40am Feb 22 2011

Normal User

Lol. I wasn't aware of this. I don't think anyone on staff was aware of this because that is kind of a glitch, really. Your pet isn't being reborn with a new name. Rofl. I haven't seen that mentioned before until just now and it's not on the staff glitch report list. :x

ShadowWolf199

11:31am Mar 7 2011

Normal User

Whit, I didn't even know of that Glitch either xD

I would be mad if mine went from prehistoric to dated.

Noche on Dragonadopters
Rodendi

12:11am Mar 10 2011

Normal User

I dunno, I recently tagged a couple prehistoric pets and they remained so.

Yaizhbeen

6:26pm Mar 10 2011

Normal User

It might be fixed. I have tagged my pet soon after V2 came out. She got birthday, so I never dared to tag any more Prehistorics after that. It would be good to know for sure.

Thanks to 14brokenmirrors, my Omni is back to prehistoric now^^. Thank you!!

Foo

11:47pm Mar 16 2011

Normal User

...This happened to my black iluvu, too. I don't remember if I used a tag on it or not, but something happened and it suddenly had a birthday that didn't even coincide with the day I actually hatched it. 

~♥~
Go to page: 1