Ability to 'send' hidden avatars.

Go to page: 1 Bookmark Thread
GreenKat

6:30pm Jan 29 2012

Normal User

i know a lot of people are sad when an avatar that they really wanted retires.There's no way to get it anymore. If you could send avatars, It would make them possible to sell. I don't think they should be able to be stocked in MS though. It would be best if it encouraged interaction in the forums.

Rabbah

8:57am Jan 30 2012

Normal User

I don't support.

I personally like having a rare/retired avatars being that it makes me unique in some way. Being able to send avatars would make it so that it's no longer rare, and therefore useless as a nattie Otachie. Part of the fun of Res is finding these avatars for yourself without any help, and I think being able to sell them would make that fun disappear. It's like hatching an albino, you feel so much more happier if you hatched it compared to buying.

~rabbah
Graveyardfox

10:23am Jan 30 2012

Normal User

No support.

HypnoxSpazz 5evr
Jenny

1:26pm Jan 30 2012

Normal User

As much as I would love to support (being a hidden avvie freak myself), no support.
Some people actually work hard for some of the hidden avatars.
And some of the retired ones indicate the dedication those users put into the site.

i’m such a gamer uwu
GreenKat

2:07pm Jan 30 2012

Normal User

Spazzy:I see your side. I'm thinking that most people wouldn't actually do it at all, just having it as an option. So if someone wants some tu,they can sell it. Most people would probably prefer to keep it, so don't let wanting to keep one make you on a certain side.

Grave: Reasons?

Rabbit: I'd feel special too. This sounds weird, but thank you for not supporting.

Graveyardfox

3:14pm Jan 30 2012

Normal User

Can't really get my thoughts together on this one. I'm sorry, but I think in general it's just a bad idea. Avatars should be earned, not bought, and avatars like Yoshi's "Poke" one or the Geeky Glasses show age, as will the new Galta and Apple Drive ones will in time. The new "Collector" avatars show dedication to a certain species.
You can already "loan" quite a few avatars, such as item ba[injection]sed ones. But ones that took dedication or just "being there" should be reserved for the people who got them.

HypnoxSpazz 5evr
Peatals16

12:33pm Sep 3 2012 (last edited on 12:37pm Sep 3 2012)

Normal User

I agree with RabbitWings

I\'m a narwhal
Dragonstar

10:27am Sep 6 2012

Normal User

No support.

Nothing can stop the US Air Force except lightning within five nautical miles.

Lilith

5:59pm Sep 6 2012

No support. If you look in the new CS, there is a section there where avatars will be added soon to be sold.

Not the special ones, mind you...it would be totally unfair to buy some that were awarded for participating in an event, being here on a certain day, etc...but there will be other avatars added to that section. ;)

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚♫ and the haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate ♫**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚
Jenny

6:05pm Sep 6 2012

Normal User

psst, bm, this thread was necroposted. xD

i’m such a gamer uwu
Lilith

6:10am Sep 8 2012

Thanks Jenny <3 I totally did not notice!

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚♫ and the haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate ♫**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚
Go to page: 1