'Glitch Names'

Go to page: 1 Bookmark Thread
Res

2:52pm Jul 16 2010 (last edited on 2:52pm Jul 16 2010)

Normal User

This will most likely be un-supported by most of Rescreatu as they like or own 'Glitch Names' but I would like it if all the 'Glitch Names' Were deleted, not the pet just the names and the owner is notified on their profile that they get the chance to Rename it instead of the pet disappearing.

I know this won't happen as it would be a HUGE pain to search and find all 'Glitch Names' and then have to make a notification for each one. Just something I'd like.

Thanks

Photobucket
Lilith

3:50pm Jul 16 2010

Just curious, but what is the reason you would like this to happen?

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚♫ and the haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate ♫**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚
Res

4:41pm Jul 16 2010

Normal User

Because, I see alot of people asking why some people have pets with glitch names and they cant name their pets like that, and I personally think it would save alot of confusion.

Photobucket
Nessie

6:06pm Jul 16 2010

Normal User

No support, on every pet site there are some people who are confused about one thing or another and also people pay TONS of money for glitch pet names, I don't think they would like it if the name was deleted.

Yoshi

6:17pm Jul 16 2010 (last edited on 6:22pm Jul 16 2010)

Normal User

Do not want. D: I spent quite a chunk of tu on most of my glitch Creatu, and I'm very proud of all of them. To have them suddenly turned into your average natural pet that no one gives half a hoot about would be pretty aggravating.

I kinda see the glitch pets as a mark of Res' past too. I personally LOVE learning about the days of Res that I don't remember or that I never saw in the first place. And if not for them, I probably would have never known you used to be able to use spaces in names. I'm pretty sure I was around back then, but I didn't know about it at all.

It was actually kinda lamented at one point just before v2's launch, when Riyo discovered this amazing ranch completely full of glitch names. We knew they were going to die someday, since the move between v1 to v2 pulled all pets out onto their owners' profiles, and it was kinda saddening.

Confusion? Wut? o3o I hardly ever see people asking about glitch pets. Like. The most I've seen it asked about in my time here is.. maybe once or twice? Granted, I haven't been very active in the Shoutbox in a long time, but that still doesn't seem like enough to warrant getting rid of all of them.

Res

4:25pm Jul 18 2010

Normal User

This isn't a thing I would expect to happen, it's just that I myself have had around 6-8 queries recently about them, and usually I'm open to questions that new users have because I like helping them out, but I get quite frustrated when I get the same question over and over, if you catch my drift.

But maybe I'm just a grumy sod xD

Photobucket
xXx0odARKsOULzo0oxXx

7:06am Jul 19 2010

Normal User

seems like a unfair thing as many people spend time and money on getting glitched names

Life

7:58am Jul 19 2010

Normal User

glitchy names are PRIZED because they are RARE and it happens when the computer kills the software so it's kinda amusing and cool to me. :D

no support. -.-

zebez

6:15pm Jul 21 2010

Normal User

I personally like my pet named K;L; and I wouldn't want him taken away. They wouldn't be cool or prized if everyone could have them anyway.

Besides just don't answer the people that ask if you're so fed up with answering the question.

O`_o
nononolick

6:25pm Jul 21 2010

Normal User

Don't agree.

Glitch names are special, and with them taken away, all the pets would be normal. And boring.

Why the cloud, Sunny?
xeeroh

12:50am Jul 22 2010

In Training

If you don't like answering questions about glitched creatu, then don't. Just ignore.

Your being annoyed with questions is not worth altering the game for ;p

Life

1:16am Jul 22 2010

Normal User

to have glitch creatu taken away would be a big blow to people who collect glitchies. anyway, just tell them that glitch creatu were not meant to be there but are there because the computer or the software went coocoo or something if you have to. :D
Falzon

8:57pm Jul 26 2010

Normal User

Um; sorry for asking but... may one of you explain what a 'glitch pet' is? Is it one with symbols in the name? E.g. Rawr;rawr;blah

Thanks! :D

Lilith

11:41pm Jul 26 2010

A glitch name is any name with characters that are non-alpha-numeric. Spaces, symbols, hidden codes in the name, all of those are glitch names. =)

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚♫ and the haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate ♫**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚
dreamersfantasy

3:48am Jul 27 2010

Normal User

A glitched pet is also one that has no name at all, like my Uilus *points to Silver Uilus in show room*

I definitely don't support this, just ignore the repeated questions if you need to~ or write a blog or thread in the off topic thread or something~ then you could just link them to it or something.

I would be very angry to come on Res one day and find that just because my silver Uilus (which I payed a ton for even though she was nattie at the time) needed a name~ all because someone got annoyed with answering questions it wasn't their job to in the first place~ no offense.  If this ever did come about~ which thank goodness I'm sure it would~ but if it did, I'd hate to be you because so many users would be angry with you~ but then you may not care if others were mad at you idk. Again no offense intended

My Dream Banner made by Reeses
Kitty

10:37am Jul 29 2010

Normal User

When I clicked this, I thought it was about doubles. Like the name Iris and Victoria. *fume fume fume* Well, no support for this then. ;-;

Something will be here eventually.
felineLOVER

1:53am Jul 31 2010

Normal User

Eh, I don't care about glitch names, or think they're special or nice in any way xD I think it's a waste of money. But that's just in my opinion. 

By Me
I'm Feline♥
Go to page: 1