Thanksgiving 2013 Feedback

Go to page: 1 Bookmark Thread
Frank

12:08am Dec 10 2013

Normal User

THANKSGIVING 2013

Our Rescreatu Thanksgiving Celebration has come to a close and we would like to thank everyone who celebrated with us in this little event. Though we experienced some bumps along the way, there were certain measures to address these little things. Anyway, we would like to hear what you have to say, may it be positive or negative. So please feel free to comment. You may want to format it according to certain topics.

Find The Feast
(What do you think of the new mechanics? What about the prizes?)

Thanksgiving NPC
(What do you think of our Thanksgiving NPC?)

Random Events
(Should there be other REs we should add? What do you think of the food RE give out?)

Overall
(How do you feel about the little event? Any suggestions?)

Three random users who will be commenting will receive a Cornucopia before the year ends. So get commenting below.

Hell

12:14am Dec 10 2013

Normal User

Find The Feast
It was cool to see everyone interacting with each other. There was slight lag when people gave items though, but it wasn't too bad. The prizes are alright but I'm sure we could have had something better. It seems users are real into clothing items these days.

Thanksgiving NPC
There were npcs?!  Pixie was cool??

Random Events
 I lived the random food items. Maybe a random turkey squishy would be cool :D

Overall
It was a fun cute event. Had a ton of fun.
Sen

12:19am Dec 10 2013 (last edited on 12:19am Dec 10 2013)

Normal User

Find the Feast 2013

Im not really sure of last years Find the Feast so i can't comment on that, this years prizes I really liked!

NPC:
Didn't realize there were any?

RE:
The random events were "ok", maybe a little less food and throw in some thanksgiving themed items?

Overall:
I really had fun competing in find the feast and can't wait to see what other updates you guys have in mind! Maybe next year the quests could be individualized so we wouldn't be scrambling about trying to enter items before other people?

GG

2:41am Dec 10 2013

Normal User

Find The Feast
Having the quest start out with users having the faster computers being able to buy out all the items in the NPC shops all at once didn't help out any of the users with the slower computers, this was later fixed to a limited 1 buying limit which did help with that situation. I really didnt like how we had to fight with other users to turn in food items (as someone with a slower computer). This became a bigger issue than the actual buying of the food from the shops, actually turning something in was basically impossible, which eventually led to me giving up on the event. The prizes are cool for me since I missed most of last years event, although I wish there had been a plushie or turkey themed prize.

Thanksgiving NPC
It was alright

Random Events
I liked having the random food items given out, it was a nice touch.

Overall
I really liked the theme of the event it just fell short right in the start for me. I stayed positive when it started and thought I could hash out through things. But decided with the stress of finals and having to battle other users to turn items in that I was best off with just being happy with the points I'd already gotten. 

MaiKaida

6:57am Dec 10 2013 (last edited on 7:15am Dec 10 2013)

Normal User

Find The Feast
I did not participate in last year's Find the Feast, so I can't really compare it. I did rather like the turning in the mechanic, especially after the buying limit was put in to place. One complaint I have is how the boxes got stuck on the items. I should have taken a screenshot, but there was one point where Reiflem's turn in page was asking for the same item in all but one box. And I must admit, I didn't like that everyone was competing with each other to turn items in at first, but after thinking about it and trying it out, it made a little sense. I think the prize shop items are great, though I agree with GG in that I'd like a Thanksgiving themed squishy or two.

Thanksgiving NPC
Honestly, if I had not read Sharing A Feast, I probably would not have given her a second thought past how pretty she looks in the updates. I did like her though.

Random Events
I like the random food events. As for other REs, the only one I could think of is something about spotting a turkey running by, or maybe a wild Creatu runs by saying thanks for the feast?

Overall
Overall, I enjoyed the event. And a few suggestions for the turning in: When the items get stuck on rare items for a while, maybe they could change after XX amount of time, or Salt's suggestion of them clearing out when there is a row/column of the same item, I think that might help. Also, perhaps there should be a cool down, to stop users from rapidly turning items in? Like, just five or ten seconds should work, though I don't know how hard that would be to program in.

thehippi

1:00am Dec 11 2013 (last edited on 4:27pm Dec 11 2013)

Normal User

I posted this comment in the general discussion, i will post this here as well because it does relate to this event, On which i noticed this.  The Gothic Candle Holder being asked for in the quests so much, so i was running a search on the item database today to see why this was being asked for so much during the quest. To find out that this is now being stocked in the candle shop.

This item as far as i remember was an old credit shop item, given out in a premium pack, if i am wrong correct me on this. But why would a CS item be redistributed to the common shops. This is bogus if you are spending money to get items from the credit shop, why would  it now be stocked in the common shops. It is a seriously disappointment.

Hopefully someone has some sort of legitimate reason behind this decision.

And it would be helpful if the buying restrictions are removed from the NPC shops since the events is over kind of a pain now when your trying to get some stuff now and all you get is error messages in every shop now after you bought one thing

"I Touched Her Thigh And Death Smiled"

fawn

1:05am Dec 11 2013

Normal User

Find The Feast
I preferred last year's event quite a bit more, to be perfectly honest. It was so much more fair for everyone. I didn't participate in this one nearly as much as I did last year because this was too fast-paced and not at all enjoyable. Last year it wasn't "dead-easy" but it was still possible for everyone with slow internet / a slower processing mind.

Thanksgiving NPC
Um... Eh? There was only one and she was kind of just there. She was kind of unnecessary.

Random Events
The amount of food given out was perfect; it was how long it went on that I found unnecessary. I think if it just went on for a couple days after Thanksgiving it was fine.

Overall
Eh, I didn't love it, to be honest. It was alright. If it's the same next year I will likely not be participating. Too fast-paced and agitating rather than fun, really. It was okay. c:

octopusbaby

2:22am Dec 11 2013

Normal User

Find The Feast
I thought the Find the feast was a a bit unfair at times due to people hoarding and taking every item they could get.  For instance nearly every time I went to click something, it would already be taken and you would see that the person had snapped up about 20 points worth in under a minute. i think there could have been a turn in limit for every hour as that would have help some people with slower computers or less items. For example allowing people to only turn in   50 items every 30 minutes or something like that. Otherwise the prizes were really good and I had a  lot of fun buying stuff and having friendly competition turning in items :)

Thanksgiving NPC
Wasn't aware there were any

Random Events
I think the thanksgiving food was a out for a little bit too long but it was good to stumble along things like resfruits that popped up in the Find the feast sometimes. i think a Random Event could be like finding an unnamed Creatu if you go somewhere special. It would be pretty cool and it wouldn't have to be often like maybe a .8% chance of finding one?

Overall
Overall the event was a lot of fun and the graphics were great, but on a last note, soemtimes there was a lag from overload of turnins and you couldn't see what the next item to turn in was but someone else could, so maybe the limit could help wit that. :)

Thowra

6:35am Dec 11 2013

Normal User

Find The Feast
I'm glad those restriction in the shops were later put in because it made a game a lot fairer to those who had trouble with capcha codes or had slow computers. However, this problem (of slow computers being at a disadvantage) was still present when you had to actually turn in the items, since they were shared by all the users and naturally those who had faster computers were able to turn in their items faster and thus gain more points. That was the only drawback, everything else was great.
I'm sad that REL didn't skyrocket like I'd expected it to XD

Thanksgiving NPC
Her art's pretty <3

Random Events
I liked the random food events :D

Overall
I enjoyed it overall. Great prizes, glad to see another hand-held HA item that isn't a fan or a glowstick. The pumpkin pie would be great too, just hope it gets fixed soon :P

Twilight

10:38pm Dec 21 2013

Normal User

Find The Feast
I thought there was advantage to users will faster laptops,and most of the items asked for were hard to obtain, but it was a neat idea. I just thought we would get to see the feast we contributed too, at least a picture.

Thanksgiving NPC
I didn't really know there was any NPC's.

Random Events
 Free food even though its not real is always welcome. I think random events should have also had squishes and wearable items as well, since that's a big thing with some users.

Overall
It was a cute event, and very thoughtful of pixie.

Go to page: 1