Hatchling won't finish hatching

Go to page: 1 Bookmark Thread
Alei

6:14pm Jan 5 2013 (last edited on 6:19pm Jan 5 2013)

Normal User

Hello! After posting I looked around some more and have found an answer- sorry about the spam post! I guess my first hatchling will end up dying >.<

I joined earlier today, and about 5 minutes ago I hatched my first egg, and I got a Natural Female Berrok (hatched on 2013-01-05 17:58:10)

So now I am on the page to name my new pet, and, after entering a name, tried to click the "Finish hatching your creatu!" button, and found out that it isn't working. I then tried opening a new window to see if it had somehow gone through, but I got that notice about my unnamed creatu and it sent me to the same page. I tried on that page as well, but it still won't work.

The button, when clicked, just moves slightly, and doesn't go anywhere.

I really don't want this pet to wander off- how do I fix this?

I am sorry if this isn't allowed here- I didn't know where else to put it^^

Thank you!

EDIT:
I just read the top post. So this hatchling will just die? I probably shouldn't hatch any more then right now, xD

Meg

8:48pm Jan 5 2013 (last edited on 8:48pm Jan 5 2013)

Normal User

What are you naming it? Names are original on Res, meaning that only one name for each pet can exist. So if you are trying to name it something real, like your name, the name of a band, or something like "Rock" or "Fire", you can't because those names are taken. Also, there are no spaces or symbols allowed in the names, and it can only be 20 letter or under. Once you see the name turn green, you can tell the name isn't taken.

Hope it helps :)

Zuzu

3:57pm Jan 6 2013 (last edited on 3:58pm Jan 6 2013)

Normal User

I think you are still confused Alie. Your hatching does not need to end up dying. To finish hatching a pet you have to give it a name that is not already in use by another pet on the website. This means that you simply need to keep trying to name it different names until you find one that isn't taken and works. Many names are already in use, so you may have to get creative to find one that works.

Lilith

3:13am Jan 7 2013 (last edited on 3:14am Jan 7 2013)

That message you are reading at the top, "IMPORTANT MESSAGE REGARDING NAMELESS PETS", that is meant for a few users who had been taking advantage of a glitch that causes already-hatched pets to become nameless. It doesn't refer to unnamed pets in your hatchery, although if you do not find a name for your pet within 15 days, it WILL wander off.

What browser are you using? Are you on a mobile device rather than a PC or Mac? Is the naming area outlined in green when you try to finish, or is it outlined in red?

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚♫ and the haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate ♫**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚
starheart11

12:17pm Jun 23 2013

Normal User

alei is right i know that because whenever i tried naming my creatu the name turned red but then i found a couple more names and they werent red they were green but when i pressed the button that says finish hatching your creatu it doesnt work. thanks for reading!
Lilith

12:35pm Jun 23 2013

If the naming area is turning green, and you have no spaces or characters other than letters or numbers in the name, and the Finish Hatching button does not work, there is something going on in your browser that is causing that.

Try restarting your browser or hard refreshing the page. =)

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚♫ and the haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate ♫**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚
Go to page: 1