Wish's Story Collection Trilogy

Go to page: 1 Bookmark Thread
Wishbelle

4:44pm Sep 25 2011

Normal User

I'm going to attempt to write a trilogy on res.
You are about to read Magician.
EXERT 1. Part 1.

It's been a long time since I felt safe in this brave, new, world. When I was six, my mother used to tell me to never talk to strangers, look both ways before crossing the road and other nonsense. But when I turned twelve, that all changed. On the night of my thirteenth birthday, my mother looked me in the eyes and said, "Magician". That night my mother was said to be hit with a stray bullet from a shooting. She died soon after. Now, every time I think about her I wonder what magician could mean to her, or for me. All until one magical day.
  I stood in the old cottage. It was two stories tall, made of complete wood and half eaten by termites. It used to be bright green, but now it looks like a cursed old lady's home. Inside is worse, the floor boards constantly have to be glued and the furniture is breaking all the time. I stood at the entrance to the basement. The only stone door in the house. It was the first stone door I had ever seen in this house. It was locked close, double locked with combination locks. The strangest part of it, we did not have a basement. A purple wind came from the little crack at the bottom of it. I held my ear up to the door. I heard the slight jingle of keys, or chains or whatever else could be hidden in the basement. 
  When my mother was still alive, she would read me bedtime stories about dragons in basements, demons on chains, and knights that would rescue damsels in distress. Now that I was sixteen, I had stopped believing in them. But this, well this brought on a whole new level of believing. It is called, reality. I peered closer to the locks that held this door shut. The numbers were 1 2 3 on one lock and 4 5 6 on the other. I twisted the first on to say 1 and the second to say 6. My age. I thought it was worth a try, not that I wanted to be eaten by a blood thirsty dragon.
  To my surprise the locks started to jingle in place, like bells against bells. And then, well everything went downhill from there.

diamondwing

6:34pm Sep 27 2011

Normal User

excited. Write more!

\\r\\n\r\n13.png
Wishbelle

7:01am Sep 28 2011

Normal User

You like it? OMG. Thanks so much.

EXERT 1. Part 2.
  My heart pounded in my chest. The locks quivered and shook with power. For about five minutes I watched in horror, before suddenly, the just fell. Just like that, all the power that was in them and they just fell right onto the floor. The door creaked open. I shivered with fear, I had to hold myself to keep me from screaming. I bit my lip and little by little, I inched over to the stone door.I reached out and with one hand pulled it open. My, it took such force to open that door.
  There was a rickety old staircase lit with a lantern. An absence of light filled the area making it pitch black, except for that lantern of course. Don't be afraid. It's only a little dark. 
  I could not help it, I was scared. Terrified. But I took one step. Just on, onto the platform of the staircase. That step was the start of the end. The door slammed behind me and the whole house shook. An old lady's voice welcomed me.
  "My dear, is that you Willa?" the voice said. The lady was not showing herself. Part of me was glad, the other was dying with curiosity.
  "I'm not scared!" I called. But deep down, I was.
  "Your not? But your quivering with fear!"
  "Show yourself!"
  "I will. Come down the stairs" 
  "No! You come here,"
  "No? NO! how dare you speak back to me you little witch!"
  "I'm sorry..." 
  "You should be..."
   A force suddenly started pulling and tugging me down the stairs.

TO BE CONTINUED.

diamondwing

4:42pm Sep 30 2011

Normal User

I'm still reading.

\\r\\n\r\n13.png
Wishbelle

7:23pm Sep 30 2011

Normal User

OMG really? I can't believe it.

I held onto the stairwell railing to try to wait the force out. But, I was not that strong. I failed gym class. could not ring that frickin bell. but gym was the least of my concerns now.
   The force got stronger and the witch started to cackle. What was this? Some sort of nightmare. I wished I could pinch myself, but letting go would have terrible effects. My feet lifted from the ground. I was now being pulled down the stairs in the air. I heard a creak from the wall. The railing shifted slightly. I'm going to die. Just kill me now! Please just let my life end. I don't want to be tortured to death.
    The force grew even bigger. I was surprised that was possible. It liofted the railing from the wall and slammed it into the other side.  I squirmed to the toher side to avoid being wall meat. My hands grew sweaty. I was going to slip any minutes now but I begged that I was not. I held on for several more minutes, facing the growing force. Then. I slipped.

Wishbelle

5:25pm Oct 2 2011

Normal User

The force stopped. It was like it wanted me to slip. It DID want me to slip. I now stood facing the evil witch. She cackled in her usual high pitched cackle. Her gray hair swirled around her pale, green flesh. 
   "Give me your powers girl," she said pointed a green finger topped with an overgrown fingernail at me. "Give them up now."
   "What? Powers?" I gulped hard.
   "you know what I mean!" she said.
   "I really don't, I have never heard anything about-" she cut me off.
   "Magician, ever hear that word before?" she said with a smile. 
   "Mother?" I whispered in a silent voice.
   "I'm not mother anymore!" she flipped her hair and stared hard at me.
   I could not believe it, this witch used to be my... mother.

Go to page: 1