Go to page: 1 Bookmark Thread
WolfMoon96

11:49am Jul 27 2009

Normal User

The Group's Beginning

by: WolfMoon96
5-30-09

Prologue

"Have you ever been alone in an empty world? Have you ever felt, that you were the only person on earth that could look through your eyes and wished that you could look through someone else just once? Now, how would you feel, if you met someone else who felt the same? How would you feel when you realize that you aren't alone out there. How would you feel if you suddenly realized that you had friends?" Felix stared straight into her soul. "How would you feel?" His question pierced the night air like a whip lash. She stared at him, the rain covering the tears that slid down her cheeks. Felix turned his back on her. "Answer that." He said, his voice icy cold. "When you do, you will realize that my life, is more than just being a leader." Without a second glance, he began to walk into the night.

The Starter

Felix had been born in London on a lunar eclipse. He had been born under a bridge that had been built over a shallow river. His mother gazed lovingly at his beautiful face. "My little Felix..." She whispered. Suddenly, the sound of wild dog's barking reached her ears and fear clouded her silver eyes. She wrapped her baby in a soft blue cloth and she tucked him in her cloak. She stood up with a wince and she began to run. She suddenly heard loud snarling and turned to see three wild dogs chasing her. She gasped and began to run faster, fearing for her only child's life. As she ran, she past the tall buildings of London, her cloak flying behind her. Her son gently began to nurse as she ran. She smiled, but the smile didn't touch her eyes. Suddenly, she rounded a dark and small alley and she flattened herself against the wall. The three dogs ran past her hiding place, barking the whole time. She let out a soft sigh. She unwrapped her cloak and she stared at the beautiful face of her son. "Felix...." She whispered. He stared back at her with silver eyes. His mother stared at his eyes. "I never noticed! You have a sliver of green in your left eye! Just like your father..." She whispered. When she mentioned his father, her face turned grim. "I think it's time we go." She whispered gently, tucking him back into her cloak. She looked both directions before exiting the alley and she started walking towards the setting sun, smiling as she felt her son begin to nurse again. Felix and his mother traveled until they were in Dublin. There they stopped and his mother began teaching him the ways of survival. As the years past, Felix grew older and more mature. But as he grew older, so did his mother. Finally, one day, Felix had just turned 17 a few weeks ago when he woke up to find his mother lying still and cold on her blanket. 
"Mother?" He whispered, his silver eyes widening with fear. "Mother!" He cried. A day past as he mourned for his dead mother. Finally, Felix decided it was time to go. With one last look at his mother's beautiful face, her last smile still etched on her face, he turned and he began to run. 
Ever since, Felix has been running and running. Until one day, when he came upon an old building. 
He walked into the building, intending to stay for the night, when something heavy and hard crashed into him. "Getoffme!" Felix snarled. Felix's eyes flashed a bright silver and a faint turquoise aura surrounded him. With a gasp, the thing flew off him as it was pushed roughly off by an unseen force. Felix struggled to his feet. As they stood, they saw each other's face for the first time. "Who are you!?" They cried in unison. They stared hard at each other. The boy in front of Felix slouched as Felix gazed hard at him, straight in his eyes. He sighed and turned his head away. "My name's Marcus." He said, staring at the ground. Felix smiled slightly. "My name's Felix." He said, taking a step towards the boy named Marcus. "What are you doing here, all alone?" He asked, taking another stealthy step towards him. "My father and mother are dead. What about you?" Marcus asked, turning to him. "Same here." Felix looked around him as he took another step forward. "Is this where you live?" He asked, turning back to the boy. "Naw, I just decided to stop here for the night like you." He said, shuffling his feet. Felix smiled. "Then we can share it together." He said softly. Marcus looked up, surprise on his face. "You... You mean you won't... run me out like the other runaways?" He asked, his face incredulous. Felix nodded and shrugged his shoulders. "Sure. I mean, there's plenty of room an the storm out there is getting pretty rough." he Said with a smile. Marcus was shaking his head. 'What?" Felix asked, confused. Marcus turned to look at him and he smiled. "Every runaway I ever met either turned me away without a word or attacked me. Your the first to actually be nice to me." He said softly. Felix smiled and gently put his hand on Marcus's shoulder. Marcus looked up at him. "Sometimes, two heads are better than one. Just like how two friends are better than none." He said softly, still smiling. Marcus smiled back at him. "There's a few beds upstairs! Why don't we bunk there?" Marcus asked, his eyes filled with a strange light. "Sure." Felix said, removing his hand from his shoulder and he began to head up the steep stairs. As he walked up them, he felt a painful twinge his ankle and he tripped on the top step. He winced as his elbows hit the ground. Marcus rushed next to him. "Are you alright man?" he asked, a concerned look on his face. "Yeah, just slipped." Felix muttered, staring at his ankle as he panted. He stood up and his ankle gave another painful twinge. "Which room is the beds in?" He asked tiredly. "There in the last room to the the left." Marcus replied, looking at the pictures that still haunted the old building. Felix opened the door as he got to the last room and stared at the four beds. He smiled. "Good. Why don't we get some rest." he said hastily. Marcus smiled and yawned. "I call the yellow bed." He said, walking over to the bed that had yellow covers. Felix walked over to the black bed and stared at it. He listened as slowly, Marcus's breathing became even, signifying that he was finally asleep. Felix sighed and he sat on the edge of his bed and stared at Marcus's still form with a wistful longing in his eyes. He then turned to his ankle and he stared at it. It was slightly swollen and it was an angry red. He sighed and gently, he placed his hand on his foot and he closed his eyes. He felt warmth flow through his ankle and a shiver of pleasure ran down his spine. He opened his eyes a few seconds after and he tested his ankle on the ground. It didn't twinge. He smiled, satisfied. He lay on his bed, his eyes staring half open at the ceiling and his hands behind his head. He sighed. It was no use trying to fall asleep when he knew full well he couldn't. He sat back up and stared at Marcus. Suddenly, an idea flashed into his head and he stood up. He walked silently over to Marcus's bed and he gently laid his cold hand on his forehead. His hand glowed a faint turquoise and suddenly, everything flashed. 

He was standing on a small hill, gazing at a terrifying seen before him. A ranch house sat at the bottom of the hill. It's roof was on fire and several men surrounded the building, laughing. Slowly, they rode away and Felix stumbled down the hill. He heard a scream and he picked his foot up and without thinking, kicked the door down. A man and a woman were holding tightly to a little boy who clung to his father's pants. The boy turned and saw Felix, standing in the open doorway. "Come on! Get out of here! The house is about to collapse!" He cried urgently, motioning to the open door. The child and his parents ran out of the house and they ran along side Felix as he raced up the hill. The parents collapsed on the top of the hill panting. The little boy, his face having smudges of ash everywhere, turned to him. "Who are you?" He asked in a voice that reminded Felix of who the child was. It was Marcus. Felix just smiled and crouched down to the boy Marcus's level. "I'm a friend." Felix smiled. Something heavy weighed his pocket down. He reached into it and pulled out a small whistle that was shaped like a lighting bolt. "Here. Take this. Whenever your in trouble or you need my help, blow this whistle and A friend will come running to your aid." He whispered. The boy Marcus took the whistle and gently blew into it. It made no noise, but Felix winced. "Thank you mister..." He whispered, staring at the shiny silver whistle. Suddenly, the scene changed and he saw Marcus, older now, about 14, blowing hard into the whistle. He was once again covered in ashes, but tears were streaming down his face and two bodies were lying next to him. Felix recognized the slightly aged woman and man. They were Marcus's parents from the other dream. Felix walked over to them, his ears hurting as the older Marcus's blew into the whistle. "What is it? What's wrong?" Felix said, trying hard to look as if he had just run three miles. "My... my... parents..... Me.... angry...... lighting.... dead....." Marcus blubbered. "Slow down. Say it slowly and clearly." Felix replied without thinking. He gently wrapped his arms around Marcus's shoulders and sat on his knees. "My parents began to fight.... They were fighting about how difficult their lives were. They asked me who I loved better. I began to cry. They began to fight again... I ran over to them screaming and crying for them to stop.... Then, everything flashed yellow and the next thing I knew, they were lying on the ground, both of them dead." He cried, trying hard not to burst into another waterfall of tears. Felix understood what had had happened in an instant. Marcus's parents had been fighting and Marcus had tried to stop the fight. Felix sighed gently. Marcus must have discovered that he too, had powers like Felix. But not in a way that was very pleasant. He had learned it the hard way. Felix smiled seriously at Marcus. "Run away. Run away so the authorities don't catch you. Go and live in the woods. You'll be safe there. And remember. Just blow that whistle and a friend will come running." He whispered. 

Slowly, Felix lifted his hand from Marcus's head and the dream disappeared and he reappeared in the bedroom. Marcus awoke with a start. For a few seconds, he stared at the covers. Then slowly, he turned to see Felix standing over him. "Felix? What are you doing up? It's only 4:30 in the morning." Marcus asked, rubbing his eyes. "Marcus......" He whispered. Marcus turned to him, his eyes suddenly concerned. "Yes? What is it? Is something wrong?" He asked, his voice full of concern. "Marcus... When were you going to tell me about your parents?" He asked, his throat feeling dry and too tight for comfort. Marcus froze and stared at him. 'How do you-" But he cut off. Felix walked over to Marcus's neatly folded clothes for tomorrow and he dug into one of the jeans pockets. He felt what he needed. He pulled out a small whistle the shape of a lighting bolt. He gently put the whistle to his lips. "No!" Marcus cried, jumping out of his bed. But Felix gently blew into the whistle. A loud piercing note split the air and Felix cried out in pain and dropped to the ground, his hands over his ears. When the pain had faded, he looked up and saw Marcus staring at him. "What?" Felix said in a hoarse voice. "What... What just happened? I didn't hear anything, yet you seem to have heard something...." he whispered, staring strangely at Felix. Felix sighed painfully and got up with a wince. "That whistle... Was given to you by my.... father..." Marcus's face paled. "My father had been a strange man. Always traveling, stopping for short periods of time. He would always stand on people's doorsteps, waiting for someone to notice him and invite him in. No one ever did. In truth, he was a lot like a lone wolf." Felix whispered, setting the whistle back on Marcus's desk. "My mother was an orphan like me. She met my father and they lived together for a short while. One day, my father went to get some food, and he didn't return. My mother went into labour five days later without him. We had always been on the run." Felix whispered. "My mother told me that I had been born on a lunar eclipse. I always thought that was just her being funny." He said sadly, wiping a tear away from his eye before it could escape. Marcus walked over to him and put a warm and gentle hand on Felix's shoulder. "Aren't kids who are born on a lunar eclipse supposed to have special powers or something?" He asked, staring at the ceiling. Felix chuckled. "Nay. That's just some folklore p*censored*ed down." He chuckled. Marcus looked away uncomfortably. "What?" Felix asked, noticing how he shuffled his feet and his hands were clasped behind his back. "It's.... It's not just folklore.... It's.... It's true." He whispered. Felix stared at him, not believing his ears. He had thought that Marcus would of waited to tell him. "I... I was born on a lunar eclipse too. I found out that I have the ability to control storms and lighting." He said awkwardly. A silence followed his confession. Marcus looked up to see Felix staring blankly at him. Several emotions flitted across his face. The stronger ones being pain, worry, and sorrow. "Please don't think I'm crazy! I'll leave if you don't want me anymore..." Marcus said sadly. Suddenly, Felix broke out in a huge grin. "Marcus, why would I want you to leave? Were friends!" He said gently. Marcus looked at him, surprise now the stronger emotion. "Really? Do you really mean that?" He asked, a smile slowly forming. Felix smiled and stood up. "Marcus, I want to show you something." Felix slowly closed his eyes and he began to concentrate on his flow of power. Slowly, a crawling sensation began. It crawled over his whole entire body, making him feel as if a million tiny bugs were covering him. Slowly, he heard his bones begin to pop as they readjusted themselves. He began to pant and slowly, he dropped to all fours in a more comfortable position. Slowly, hair began sprouting everywhere. Slowly, the flow of power ceased and Felix opened his eyes. Marcus was gaping at him. Felix whimpered and crouched low to the ground and wagged his tail in a friendly way. "Fe... Felix? Is that you?" Marcus asked, taking a step closer. Felix wagged his bushy tail and stood back up. He stared into Marcus's eyes and willed him to have the courage and run his fingers through his fur. Marcus seemed to get the message because he walked over slowly and ran his fingers through Felix's silver fur. Felix wagged his tail and closed his eyes in silent pleasure. "You like that, huh?" Marcus chuckled. Felix suddenly stood up on both his front paws and placed them on Marcus's shoulders. Marcus stared at him, a flash of fear clouding his face. Felix whimpered and licked Marcus's chin. "Eww! Gross! Cut it out Fe-" But Marcus broke off. Felix slowly changed into his human form. When the transformation was done, He slumped to his knees, his hands still on Marcus's shoulders. "Hey! Felix! You alright man?" Marcus asked, grabbing Felix so he didn't collapse on the floor. "Yeah.... Just a little tired..." He panted. Marcus picked Felix up and let him lean against his shoulder as he led Felix to his bed. Felix collapsed on it with a tired sigh and stared a the ceiling. "Hey. Marcus. I have something else to tell ya." Felix muttered, still staring at the ceiling with his unsettling silver eyes. "Yeah?" Marcus asked, curiosity clear in his eyes. "I... I can't... I cant sleep." He said slowly. No response. "Ever?" Felix looked up to see Marcus staring at him blankly. "Ever. The only times I ever was able to sleep was when I was a baby and that was because my mother had put a special charm bracelet on my wrist." Felix said casually, watching Marcus's reaction. "Where's the bracelet now?" He said, staring at Felix's covers. "Gone." Was Felix's short reply. "Oh..." Marcus stared at the floor for a little bit before standing up and walking over to the window. "The rain stopped." He said slowly. Felix sighed and stood up. He walked out of the bedroom and down the stairs. He heard Marcus following him. He grabbed his knapsack that he had left on the table downstairs and threw it over his shoulder. He was heading towards the door when he realized Marcus wasn't following him. He turned around to see Marcus staring after him with longing in his eyes. "What are you waiting for? Come on let's go!" Felix said gently. Marcus chuckled happily and he grabbed his own knapsack and headed out after Felix who had walked out of the old building.
Felix smelled the air and sighed. "Hey, Felix? I was wondering... Can you smell and hear as good as you can if you were in your wolf form?" Marcus asked, looking around. "Yeah. It's almost like a side effect." Felix replied. "Can you run fast?" He asked suddenly. "Yeah, why?" Marcus asked, suddenly curious by the longing tone in Felix's voice. Felix smiled at him. "Good." Felix broke into a fast sprint, heading north. Marcus ran to catch up to him. "Man your fast!" Marcus panted. "Don't talk, just run. It saves energy." Was Felix's reply.
The two boys have been running together since then. Hunting, sleeping, and caring for each other as if they were real brothers. That's when one day, as they were traveling through Canada, they saw a girl under an old stone bridge.
" Hey! Look!" Marcus shouted, pointing towards the old stone bridge. Felix turned and saw a girl about his age lying on her back under the bridge, half in the water. "I don't think she's sleeping." Felix said, already trotting towards the bridge. As he stumbled down the slope and under the bridge, he mentally calculated the possibility's of her being alive. It was a 50/50 chance. Marcus knelt down next to the girl. "Felix... She's really pale. And cold." Marcus whispered. Felix crouched next to the girl and he removed his black glove on his left hand and felt her cheek. She was cold, and wet. He moved his hand to her mouth. She also wasn't breathing. "Hang on a second....." Felix muttered. Something wasn't right. Dead people don't have slight colors of pink in their faces. Felix finally realized what was wrong. He cupped his hands in a fist and pressed down hard on her stomach. He grabbed her nose and he gentle put his lips to her and blew some air into her lungs. He did the same thing three times before finally, She began to cough and water spluttered everywhere. Then she stopped coughing and laid still. Felix snarled in frustration. She still had water stuck in her throat. Then, an idea cam to him. He smiled and his hand began to glow a bright turquoise. He placed it over her mouth and he lifted his hand upwards. As he did, clear blue water flowed out of her mouth, following Felix's hand. She began coughing again and Felix let the water drop to the ground. Her eyes fluttered open only half-way before they closed again and she let out a tired sigh. " She needs more energy. Thank god I have power to give her some." Felix chuckled and he placed his still glowing palm on her chest and transfered most of his energy to her. When he finished, he stumbled backwards and landed on his butt. His eyes were drooping and his face was pale and a thin sheet of sweat layered his body. " Are you alright Felix?" Marcus asked, jumping to his feet. "Yeah... Take care of..... her..." He muttered. Suddenly, something silver and green caught his eye. He turned to the girl's wrist and gasped. His bracelet! It was jsut as he remembered it. The beautiful green bead in the middle that had a white rose twisting around it. The clear silver beads lining the rest of the bracelet. Images of wolves occupying the silver beads. He crawled over to it on his hands and knees and stares at it with wide eyes.
Suddenly, he heard a gasp and someone's hand grabbed his wrist and closed tightly around it. He turned to see the girl glaring at him, her eyes a beautiful water blue. "What do you think your doing?!" She snarled, her voice sounding like rain.

OFFLINE: Have school to keep up with, but I\'ll be online later. \r\n
http://dl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1555/1555491thptl28wlg.png
Go to page: 1