WolfMoon96

8:59pm Sep 5 2009

Normal User

The Awful Truths we Know

By: Wolf

Goal: 125pgs.

So Far: 15

Chapter 1: The Beginning

The geese took flight as the fire spread through the forest. Deer and elk bounded away in fright. A wolf pack ran for the safety of the northern edge of the woods. The fire consumed the flowers and gr*censored* and soon the trees turned from a pleasantly warm tan to a coal black. The leaves shriveled and turned to ashes in seconds. Rabbits hopped towards the lakes to burrow in the ground near them. Birds cawed and cooed as they flew. The fire leaped over treetops and slowly became bigger. A group of children ran through the woods away from the fire. One girl in the back of the group kept shooting jets of water from the palm of her hand at the fire chasing them. "We won't make it!" Cried a girl. The leader snarled at her. "Don't give up hope yet! We still have to try!" He shouted. The girl glared at him, but kept running. "I don't know how much longer I can do this!" Cried the girl in the back with a pained voice. "Keep at it! We are almost there!" He cried. A boy somewhere in the middle snarled at him. "We have to rest! We can't keep running like this!" He snarled. The leader gave a howl of frustration. Suddenly, a bridge leaped into view. "There it is!" he cried. The group gave a strangled gasp of joy and they sped up. Suddenly, they hurled themselves into the water. The fire rushed over them as they held their breaths and stared at the flames leaping over the water as if it wasn't there. The orange and red flames mesmerized them. Suddenly, it vanished. They burst through the water with gasp as they tried to catch their breaths. They swam to the shore and they climbed onto the flat sandy surface under the bride. The girl who had been in the back of the group collapsed and didn't move. One boy rushed to her side. "Look what you did! She exhausted! It will take her weeks to recover!" he cried in anger and horror. The leader just sighed. He stood up shakily and he walked over to her. He slowly put a hand on her shoulder and his palm glowed a faint turquoise. Suddenly, the girl sat up with a jolt, gasping. The boy dropped to her side and started to rub her arms to get her warm. The leader swayed slightly. One boy rushed to his side and held him steady. "Thank you Felix." muttered the boy who was still trying to warm the girl up. Felix just nodded his head weakly and walked back to his sitting spot and slumped down. "Thank you for your help Marcus." he muttered to the boy who had held him steady. He just nodded his head mutely and he sat down next to three others. Felix stared at his small group. "We made it. That's what counts. I'm proud of all of you." He said in a strong voice, all the weakness gone. "You kept running and never stopped. Thank you." He said in a grateful voice. The others blushed and smiled weakly. "Now! Let us rest. We wake up at dawn." he said, his head leaning against the bridge wall. His eyes slid shut, but the group knew better. Felix never slept.

Felix watched them, their still forms moving only ever so slightly when they breathed. Jane muttered something barely audible in her sleep. Marcus slept against the wall next to where Felix slept. They were like brothers. Fane slept near the water. Ryan lay somewhere near Jane. Poor Ryan. He couldn't remember anything of his past before he met Felix and Marcus. That's probably what made him so bitter all the time. Felix sighed silently and he stepped out from under the bridge. He cupped his hands to his mouth and let loose a wolf howl that sounded awfully real. Somewhere in the north, another wolf answered his howl. Felix howled back one last time before he returned to his group. His friend Rohan had safely evacuated his pack out of the forest. "Felix?" Said a small and barely audible voice. Felix went back under the bridge and saw Marcus staring at him. "Is everything alright?" He asked his warm holly green eyes staring curiously at him. "Yes. All is well. Sleep. We have a long time till the sun rises again." Felix whispered his eyes soft. Marcus smiled to himself. "You would know." With that he rolled onto his side and fell asleep. Felix let loose a silent chuckle and he went to sit on top of the bridge. It was a simple brick bridge. It didn't have any walls that kept people from falling off so Felix was free to let his feet dangle over the edge and stare at the full moon and the constellations that surrounded it. Felix remembered when he had first met Marcus. It had been in an old abandoned building somewhere in the country. Then, shortly after, they had met Jane. Felix smiled sadly. They had found Jane under a bride half in the water, barely alive. Felix had had to rest for only a few days to recover from the amount of energy he had used to bring her back to full health. Then, as they traveled through some woods, they had met Ryan. They had found his cave and had bunked there for the night. They had been incredibly surprised to find that someone already lived in the cave. Ryan had helped them through a tough winter, showing them were to find food and a hot spring. Then they met Fane. They had met each other when Fane had recently stolen some food from a store and at the time was running form the cops. They had hid her and she had shared some of her food with them. Felix sighed. He missed those days.  He looked down into the water and he saw his reflection. He barely recognized himself. His hair was messy and was the color of midnight black. Not to mention the red tips that looked like blood. His face had lost all its baby fat. He stared at his silver eyes the most. That sliver of green in his left silver eye was still there. Suddenly, a wolf howled. Felix jumped to his feet in surprise. "That's not Rohan..." He muttered, staring into the shadows. He thought he saw something move. That's when he saw a pair of green eyes staring back at him. There was something strange about the green eyes though. Felix rubbed his eyes and stared harder. The left green eye had a sliver of silver in it. Felix gasped and that time, he did fall off the bridge. "Whoa!" He cried. He hit the water with a loud splash. The group woke up with a jolt. "Felix? Felix!" Cried Marcus, splashing into the river. Felix emerged spluttering. The water was freezing! "What happened? What was he doing in the water?" Fane asked, jumping up to help. "How should I know!?" Snapped Marcus. Ryan sat, staring at Felix. Jane shakily stood up, but Ryan pushed her back down. "No. Stay. There fine." He muttered. Jane glared at him, but did as she was told. As soon as they sat Felix down and wrapped him in a worn travel cloak, Marcus sat in front of him. "What happened?" He asked. Felix closed his eyes for a few seconds. "I heard a wolf howl. Those eyes..." His voice was shaking with cold. "Here" Fane said gently. She cupped her hands and blew into them. Gently, she put her hands to Felix's cheeks and he sighed with pleasure. "Better?" She asked. "Yeah." Felix muttered. "I forgot that you control fire." He chuckled. "What about the wolf's eyes Felix. What about them?" Marcus said his eyes eager. "They were green. The left eye. The wolf's left eye had a sliver of silver in it." No response. Felix opened his eyes to see the group staring at him. “I think.... I think it was my father." Felix muttered, staring at his hands. Silence met his ears, once again. He looked up to see four pairs of multicolored eyes staring at him. "Do you believe me!" he demanded, his face showing none of the worry that clouded his heart. Marcus smiled at him. "Of course Felix. How can we not believe you? You've got us through so much and told us why everything like this was happening to us." he said gently. Felix smiled and suddenly, Fane cocked her head. Felix froze. Fane had the weird enhanced sense. Soon, Felix heard it as well. Felix gently put his two fingers to his lips and he made a spiral on his arm. It meant someone’s coming. They had made the language when they had met Fane and had completed the group. At least, they think they had. Fane, Jane, Ryan, and Marcus nodded their heads and crouched down to the ground, ready to flee or use their powers is necessary. Suddenly, voices could be heard above them and soon, the sounds of footsteps. Two sets. Felix cocked his head and sniffed the air. One male and one female. Felix tapped his knee and Marcus retreated farther into the shadows of the bridge with Jane and Ryan who were still sagging slightly with exhaustion. He nodded at Fane and he tapped her lightly on the shoulder and drew a line on his arm. They walked towards the edge of the bridge and stopped just at the edge. The footsteps had stopped, but the voices remained. "I really don't understand Max. I thought you wanted to be there." Said the males, heavy and yet strong voice. "I don't know Adam. When I got in there..." She trailed off. Felix cocked his head to the other side. "I thought that you loved me..." he whispered more quietly. There was no reply. He heard a low snarl and then he heard a gasp of pain.

Felix winced when he realized that the man named Adam had grabbed the woman named Max's wrist and twisted it back. Suddenly, he heard hurried footsteps that sounded heavy and he saw a tangle of short brown hair and a medium sized head hang over the edge of the bridge. "Adam!?" the woman cried, surprise and fear in her voice. "What's going on!? What are you doing!?" She cried. Felix realized that the head hanging over the bridge was hers. "If I can't have you for my own, no one can have you." Max let out a shriek of horror and memories clashed over Felix. He snarled and pushed them back. He snapped his two fingers and he grabbed the edge of the bridge and swung himself up and into the middle of the bridge with a large jump. Fane followed him. "I'm sorry if I'm breaking up your lovely conversation, but I think it's time you leave." With that, he let his fist fly and he heard a terrible crunch as his fist folded neatly into Adam's face. He could hear Fane's feet sweeping Adam to the floor. Adam just shrieked angrily, stood up, and ran away. Felix smiled and chuckled grimly as he watched Adam. "Felix!" Fane called. Felix turned to see Fane vainly trying to keep hold of Max who was dangling from the edge of the bridge. Felix growled and he rushed to Max and he grabbed her wrist and he pulled her back up and he let go of her when she was safe. She was gasping and her face was pale with a thin sheet of sweat. “Are you alright?” Felix asked in a hard voice, still wary of the girl. Max nodded her head weakly. Fane crouched next to her and whispered words in her ear in a soothing voice. She rubbed her hands softly over the girl’s arms and Felix barely noticed the warm glow coming from her hands. Max smiled slightly and looked at Felix. She had jawbone short brown hair with beautiful vine green eyes to match. Felix's lip twitched in a smile. Fane turned to the edge of the bridge. "Marcus! Bring Ryan and Jane up. It's alright." She cried out, her voice soft and yet strong. Marcus slowly came into view with Jane and Ryan, walking up the hill. "Who is she?" Marcus asked, pointing slightly at Max. Felix almost glared at Marcus. "This is Max." He said stiffly. He turned to her and noticed a bead of blood rolling down her neck. Adam had cut her slightly on her neck. He walked over to her and crouched by her side. She winced slightly, but stayed still. He gazed at it. It was a small and very shallow cut. Felix said a few silent words in his mind and the cut disappeared. Max wiped the blood away. She hadn't even noticed that her cut was healed. Felix stood up and glanced at Fane then at the others. They were all looking at him. "I don't know yet if she has any powers. I can't tell. I think she's just a human who got in the wrong situation. We can take her to the village. Me and Marcus." He nodded at Fane and she went below the bridge and came back up carrying two long black cloaks with hoods. Felix threw his over his shoulders and pulled the hood up. Marcus did the same. They each helped the lady up and they began walking towards the village that was close by. Felix took one last glance at his group. "Stay hidden until we return. Don't panic if we don't return soon." He called to them. Marcus looked at Felix as they walked. He chuckled slightly. " What?" Felix asked, confused. "We look like the grim reapers coming to reap the souls of the village." he chuckled. Felix laughed and nodded his head. "Your right!" He bowed his head and said in a low eerie moan, "Come with me young one. Your soul belongs to me!" Then he lifted his head and laughed and Marcus joined in with him. Max just smiled and walked between them.  As they came near the village's entrance, Felix stopped Marcus and cocked his head so that he could hear better. He could hear horse’s hooves pounding through the street and thousands of footsteps in the dust. He nodded his head and they continued forward. As soon as they entered the village, they veered to the left and into the shadow of the houses so that they would attract less attention. It appeared like there was a festival going on. Banners of different colors hung from the rooftops of the houses and lanterns were strung from the rafters. Felix recognized it as the Full Moon Festival. He sighed. He hadn't seen this festival for a long time. They walked towards the crowds and they stopped. "This is where we leave you. I wish you the best of luck." Felix whispered in Max's ear. Max looked slightly surprised. "But I thought you were going to stay!" She said, slightly disappointed. Marcus smiled slightly and Felix's eyes twinkled. "We have a little business to take care of." he muttered. "But you must!" She insisted. Marcus looked at Felix and he recognized the same pleading look in his eyes that were in Max's. Felix sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose with his two fingers. " Fine. Alright. Alright! We can stay for the festival, but then, we leave!" He said between clenched teeth. "Let me at least get the rest of the group." he said with a short sigh. Marcus and Max nodded, enthusiastic, and they turned to the stage which now had a rather large man sitting on a chair eating large quantities of hot dogs. Felix shoved through the crowd and finally, with an irritated growl, he reached the entrance. He walked through the gates and he broke into a trot as soon as he was out of view. He trotted all the way over to the bridge and he called out to them. "Fane! Ryan! Jane! Come!" He cried. Slowly, they appeared from under the bridge. They looked different from the villagers. Slightly skinny and slender with strong muscled arms and legs and wary faces. When they recognized him, they smiled. "Felix! How goes it!" Cried Fane. "Well. We are staying here tonight to enjoy the festival. Here" With that, he handed each of them three golden coins. They stared at it with blank expressions. "Buy whatever you want. Food, clothes, an amusing toy, whatever. It is yours to use. I picked it off a wealthy looking man." he said with a sly grin. "Greedy men should not display their money in full view for thieves. You know what they say. A fool and his wealth soon are parted." He said, a strange glint in his eyes. Ryan and Fane laughed and pocketed the coins, but Jane stared at the money with revulsion. "I thought I would never have to see a coin like this ever again." She whispered. She pocked the coins, though reluctantly. Felix understood how she felt. Jane had been born in a wealthy and greedy family. She had been the only one who had not fallen in love with the golden coins. He smiled gently and they began walking up the hill. His face slowly switched form a slight grin to a stony ex
pression. He hated being in loud places. It hurt his ears. He glanced at the woods longingly and he barely saw two pairs of gleaming eyes. A pair of green eyes with a sliver of silver in the left eye and a pair of amber eyes. Felix's blood ran cold, but he ignored them and he turned back to the village. Rohan would watch the stranger wolf and him so that they were safe. They walked through the crowds. They parted slightly for him and his group. Felix knew why too. He was in a large group and all of them had strong muscles. Felix had even stronger muscles. They walked up to Marcus and Max and watched the next person approach the stage. This was a tall and skinny teenage girl around the age of 17. She had a barn owl clinging to her arm. Her hair was a beautiful short oak brown and her skin was a light tan. She had one eerily purple eye and one river blue eye that sent chills up Felix's spine. She stood in front of the crowd. "Today, me and Logan." She said in a clear voice that sounded like the trill of a mocking bird. She pointed to her barn owl when she said his name. "Will demonstrate some magic tricks for your entertainment and possibly amusement." She said with a slight smile. Felix liked her already. Her barn owl hooted and her smile broadened. She threw her arm up and Logan took flight, flying in circles above the crowd. She closed her eyes and slowly, beautifully, Logan began too hoot a low and slow tune. As he sang, she began to dance. It was a slow and graceful dance. Her movements were in perfect harmony with the beat and she swayed to the wind. Slowly, Logan's song began to gain speed. As his speed increased, so did her movements. A few minutes later, she was a blur. Felix's sharp eyes saw her pull something out of her pocket while she danced and a burst of color sparked the air. Suddenly, several different colors appeared to be appearing out of nowhere and twirling and dancing in the air. Suddenly, Felix got it. She was Ribbon Dancing! He thought with amazement.  She had made herself invisible so that she could make the ribbon of colors look as if they were acting of their own accord. Slowly, the minutes p*censored*ed by until they slowly turned into hours. Finally, when the sky was a rosy peach color, her song slowed to a stop and she stopped dancing. She wasn't shaking or dizzy at all. She smiled and bowed. Her owl did a loop and bowed in the air as well. The crowed whooped and cheered and some even laughed with pure joy. Felix found himself and his group whistling and clapping loudly. She bowed once again before slicing her hands for silence. The crowd went silent. "Thank you. Next, we will be calling someone to the stage to help us with a trick. It is a fire trick. Anyone?" She called. Several people raised their hands. Including Fane. Felix glanced sharply at her, but she just smiled re*censored*uringly. The girl pointed at Fane. "How about you! The lady in the back!" Even Fane looked shocked at this. Fane looked at Felix one last time before making her way to the stage. When she reached it, the girl helped her onto the stage. As soon as the girl touched Fane's hand, the girl's face became incredibly surprised and then shocked, but she concealed it with a smile. Fane grimaced. When Fane stood next to her, the girl lit a match and placed it in Fane's palm. "I want you now, to let the flame touch your hand." Fane did it without hesitating which made the girl looked surprised again. Felix smirked. When the flame was on her palm,

Felix just barely noticed in Fane's eye's a red glow. The flame stayed put. "Now, watch as the flame grows bigger and bigger and her palm remains without blemishes." She said in a quiet voice. She gazed at the flame and slowly, it grew bigger. Fane smirked slightly. Suddenly, a mind touched Felix's mind. Instantly he threw up his iron barriers, but the mind just gently pushed it away and rubbed against his soothingly. She can control things. She tried to breach my mind when she touched my hand, but your lessons still linger in my mind. Let's see what she makes of MY powers. Fane's voice echoed in his mind. She ended the conversation with a snicker and then her contact faded. Suddenly, the flame in Fane's hand burst into a giant ball. Fane laughed and the girl stumbled back, shocked and fearful. Fane tossed the ball from hand to hand and she pretended to play basketball with it. Then, she made the ball bigger and she let it touch the wood stage. It didn't catch on fire. Fane laughed again. She was enjoying the shocked faces from the crowd and the surprised and fearful face of the girl. Suddenly, the ball of fire vanished and Fane stood there, hands behind her back, smiling broadly. Slowly, and warily, the crowd broke into a roar of applauds. Shakily, the girl stood up and nodded silently at Fane. Fane just smirked. Suddenly, a force rushed over the crowd. Fane's smile vanished. Felix threw up his barriers just in time when he realized that the force had been the girl trying to find more powerful minds than an average human. If the girl had found Felix's mind and entered it, she was sure to leave it as well as a part of herself behind. The crowd didn't react. Then, Felix remembered. Humans without powers can't sense someone entering their minds. He snarled and he walked onto the stage. Several people in the crowd booed at him. But when he turned and glared at the crowd with his unsettling eyes, they quickly fell silent. He turned to the girl and she flinched under his gaze. "Come with me." He said quietly. Fane gently touched his hand soothingly, but he paid it no heed. He turned to the crowd and he stood straight and tall. "The show is over. Go and enjoy yourselves elsewhere or continue onto the next performer. Good-day." he said stiffly. "Hey! Wait a minute!" A large and very big man stepped onto the stage. When he stood next to Felix, Felix realized that he had a lot of muscle and no fat. Also that he stood several inches taller than him. "I want to see the end of the show." he turned to the crowd. "Who wants her to finish the show?" He cried, his voice loud and booming. Felix flinched and unconsciously rubbed his ears. Everybody in the crowd roared with approval. Suddenly, Felix's form started to blur. "Felix!" Fane snapped. Suddenly, in Felix's place, stood a large wolf the color of beautiful silver. A black dorsal stripe ran from the tip of his head and ended in a star form on his tail. His eyes were beautiful silver and his left eye had a sliver of green in it. He lifted his head and howled. People in the crowd screamed. Suddenly, two wolves burst from behind the stage and joined him on each of his flank. The wolf on his right flank was a surprisingly beautiful auburn with a black front paw. His eyes were stunning amber. He snarled at the man. The wolf beside Felix was a beautiful midnight black. It had a silver dorsal stripe that started at the tip of his ears and ended in a star pattern on his tail. He had green eyes with a sliver of sliver in the left eye. The man paled and he jumped off the stage and ran. The two wolves dropped behind Felix and they surrounded the girl. She squeaked. Fane had paled, but she walked towards Felix and stood in front of him. " Group! Go back to our home! We will meet you there shortly!" He cried to the group who had also paled. They nodded and left the village. The crowd ran into houses and soon, no one stood in the streets except Fane and the girl. Felix, Rohan, and the stranger wolf still stood on the stage. Felix nuzzled Rohan and licked his muzzle. Hello pack-brother. I missed you. He said in wolf talk. Rohan nuzzled him back. And me you. Felix turned to the other wolf and let loose a loud snarl. His hackles raised and he stood several inches taller and more muscular than the other wolf. The stranger wolf whimpered and crouched low, but his ears stayed forward and he didn't cower in fright. He was trying to show Felix that he was friendly, but would not submit to him. Felix snarled loudly and took a stiff step towards the wolf. Rohan gently nudged his flank. He means no harm. He says he knows you. Rohan said, trying to end Felix's rage towards the other wolf. It worked. Felix stopped snarling and took a step back, but his hackles remained raised. The stranger wolf stood tall again and bowed his head slightly at Felix. He grazed his eyes and wagged his tail faintly. Felix. You would not remember me. I left your mother before she had her baby and was captured by dog nappers. Felix froze and his pupils dilated. Felix took another step back, shaking his head from side to side. No. no, no, no, no. It can't be! He said, his movements showing that for the first time in his life, he was frightened. Felix. Am your father. The stranger wolf said, his voice gentle. Felix's body began to shake. He looked into the stranger wolf's eyes and he realized the wolf was telling the truth. Then, he blacked out.

Felix opened his eyes only halfway and stared at the blurry image of the bridge's bottom. It had stalagmites and had lichen clinging to it. Everything was blurry. He weakly moved his head to the left slightly and he saw Marcus, Jane, Ryan, and Fane talking to a strange girl and a handsome man. He turned his head weakly to the right and he saw two amber eyes watching him. The wolf gave a low growl and Felix heard a gasps and footsteps running over to him. He winced when the vibrations hurt his head and he closed his eyes. "Felix? Felix are you awake?" Said a familiar voice. "Marcus...." He muttered. His voice was raspy. "Let me see him." Said a strong and commanding yet gentle voice. Someone else crouched beside him and he opened his eyes a crack and saw the blurry outline of the man. He stared into the man's eyes and he felt a jolt go through his body. They were green and the left eye had a sliver of silver in it. He opened his eyes wide and everything became clearer. The man had dark chocolate hair that was messy and was slightly buzzed. He had a strong and handsome face. He was wearing a long black traveling cloak that was frayed and tattered. "Felix... How do you feel?" The man said in a concerned voice. A powerful headache made Felix close his eyes. He groaned slightly. His whole body hurt and felt like it had been dragged across a rug. He felt a rough, yet gentle hand touch his forehead, then disappear. "He doesn't have a fever." Came the man's voice. Then, he heard another girl's voice that made a memory in the back of his head stir. "He looks fine on the outside, but if you were to look on the inside, you would be able to tell that he has a m*censored*ive headache, and that his soul is feverish itself." The man sighed. "Thank you Ayrion." He heard his group's breathing. He could feel the emotions coming off them. They were scared. Slowly, he sat up on his arms, but fell back to the ground when his head gave an extremely painful jolt. He yelped and he clasped his head between his hands and clenched his eyes shut. He curled into a ball and waited for the pain to p*censored*. He opened his eyes again and he realized they were watering. He didn't dare move to wipe the tears away. "I had no idea this would be how badly he would react." The man muttered, staring at Marcus and the others. "Well it's good to know that. Now can you please back off so I can see him?" Snapped Marcus. The man didn't reply, but he stood up and backed away. Felix saw Marcus walk over to him and gently put a hand on Felix's shoulder. It triggered pain in every cell of his body. He trembled. "Marcus..... What's happening to me?" He groaned. Suddenly, he felt a tear splash onto his arm. "I don't know Felix. I don't know." With that, Felix closed his eyes and let the darkness envelop him in its warm embrace.

Chapter 2: The Awakening

When Felix awoke, he awoke to silence. Not a breath stirred the air. Not a footstep could be heard. He opened his eyes and he sat up on his shoulders. He gazed at his surroundings. Everything seemed sharper. Clearer. He breathed in the air and he realized his sense of smell had been enhanced tenfold. He smelled everything. Even things from long ago. He wrinkled his nose when he smelled the strong scent of a fox who had wandered under the bridge many years ago. He looked around. His group, his father, and the girl named Ayrion had gone. He placed a hand to his left and realized that all of his senses had been enhanced. He could feel every grain of dirt and minerals on the rocky earth. He could feel the ground pulsing. As if it was alive. Suddenly, he heard voices. He winced and rubbed his ears. They were unnaturally loud and irritating. He wished they would be much quieter. Suddenly, the voices became louder and he clapped his hands to his ears. He shut his eyes tight and waited for the people to p*censored*. Someone’s soft hand lightly touched his shoulder. He grabbed the person's wrist and spun around them, placing a dagger against her neck, her hand pinned against her back. "Oh!" Ayrion squeaked. "Felix! Let her go!" Cried a voice. Felix winced again and he dropped the knife. "Oh Felix!" Someone screeched. Felix yelped and he dropped to the ground, his hands over his ears. Someone’s large and rough, yet gentle hands put themselves over Felix's hands. Felix didn't open his eyes. Slowly, the hands pulled his hands away from his ears. This time, Felix opened his eyes. He stared into his father's handsome face. "Felix. Are you alright?" He asked in a quieter voice. Felix sighed. The voice was so quiet that it sounded normally loud to him. "Yeah. Every thing's so much louder." Suddenly, he felt something brush his arm. A bushy tail. A wolf's tail. "Rohan!" Felix cried. Rohan wagged his tail faintly and nuzzled Felix under his chin. Felix nuzzled him back and wrinkled his nose in a brief wolf smile. Hello pack-brother. Rohan said, grazing his gaze. Felix buried his face in Rohan's flank. Hello pack-brother. He said lovingly. A hand placed itself on his shoulder and drew him away from Rohan. Felix turned and saw Marcus, beaming at him. Felix stood up and hugged Marcus. "Hey there." He said quietly. Marcus cocked his head. He put a hand on Felix's head and suddenly, Felix found himself under Marcus's arm getting a thorough head noogie. "Ahh! Hey! Hey! Stop it! Ahh!" Felix laughed. Marcus growled at him. “Don’t ever do that again!" he said, rubbing his fist into Felix's head. "Alright! Alright! Just stop giving me a noogie or you'll burn my head off!" He laughed. Marcus let go of him and Felix launched himself at Marcus. Soon they were rolling in the dirt wrestling. Ayrion, Fane, Jane, and his father laughed, watching them. Ryan sulked next to Jane. He was in one of his moods again. 

Felix laughed as he wrestled with Marcus. He didn't care about Ryan's sulky mood. He was happy. He had his group and his friend. Felix still couldn't believe that the man that watched him, laughing, was his father. But something inside of him knew that he had told the truth. That man was really his father. Felix sighed and he and Marcus both lay in the dust, eagle style. Felix gazed at the crystal clear blue sky. He sighed and sat up. His father was smiling lovingly at him. Jane and Fane were smiling broadly at him. Ryan was staring at Felix, an angry glint in his eyes. Ayrion was standing a few feet behind his father, gazing at Felix with her creepy eyes. Felix sighed. He would have to deal with Ryan later when everyone was asleep. Felix stood up and held his hand out for Marcus. Marcus grabbed it and Felix pulled him up with a grunt. They brushed the dirt off themselves and Felix cleared his throat. He gazed at the group. "I think.... We should get moving. We've been living under the bridge too long. Felix's gaze wandered to the black forest. Spots of green littered the forest and several of the trees had buds on them. He didn't turn back to the group. “I want to take you guys to this one place in the woods. It should be safe from people, I don't know. But the animals are friendly there and in winter the snow doesn't touch the area. It's tree's make a sort of canopy over the area. It's beautiful. There’s a river nearby that flows into a pond in the clearing and there's an old willow tree with a tree house inside it. I made it a while ago. Remember Marcus?" Felix turned to Marcus and Marcus's eyes glazed and he smiled with longing. "Yeah. Yeah I do." He muttered, eyes still glazed, staring at the clouds. "I think we should go there." he turned to his group. "How about it?" Fane, Jane, and Ryan all nodded their heads, enchanted by Felix's deion of the clearing. Ayrion hung back. Felix walked up to her and he stood in front of her. "Will you join us, Ayrion. Will you join us?" Felix said in a voice, quieter than a whisper. He could see every detail on her face. He could hear the loud beating of her calm and steady heart. He knew that Ayrion knew what he asked her. He knew that she knew the depth of his questions. "Yes. Yes. I will." She whispered. She turned and gazed at Felix with her unsettling eyes. Felix caught his breath as he was lost in her gaze. Only when she looked away was he finally able to stumble back. "You are going to Aden Lien." His father said whispered voice. Felix turned to him. Rohan sat beside Felix's father. His father gazed at Felix. "Can I join you, son of mine?" He whispered. Felix walked towards him and clasped him on the shoulder. "Of course father. Of course you can." His father's eyes lit up with love and joy when Felix called him father.
Felix smiled and gazed at Rohan. He dropped to a crouch and nibbled his chin. Come pack-brother. Time to travel. He said in wolf talk. 

Rohan wagged his tail and gave an enthusiastic bark. Let's travel! He answered. Felix smiled and stood up. He turned to his group. His family. "Are we ready!" He cried, pumping his fist in the air. "YEAH!" They all cried, pumping their fists in the air. Felix smiled and nodded his head. "We leave as soon as I come back from the village. I will return with travel cloaks and several steeds. When we reach the woods of Aden Lien though, we must set them free. Alright?" He asked his group, getting serious once again. Everyone nodded. "Okay. Be back in five minutes." With that, he tuned and headed toward the village. Felix's form blurred once again and suddenly, he became a black tom cat. He jumped over the gates to the village and he walked through the empty streets. He sniffed the air and his whiskers twitched when he caught the scent of worn leather and horses to the left. He made sure to remember its location for later and he went farther in to the village. He sniffed the air occasionally and soon he found the soft and musky scent of soft cloth. He slipped through a hole under a shabby building and he found himself in a sun lit room. The scent was stronger here. Felix hid behind a shelf and he turned back into his normal form. He waited for a few minutes before he was sure he could hear the calm breathing of the store owner and he abandoned his hiding place and walked towards the owner of the shop. The man gave a wild jump followed by a gasp. "My! I didn't see you come in!" The man said in a heavy British accent. " Hello. I'm looking for travel cloaks. Ones that won't tear easily and will last for many days." He said in an appealing voice. The store owner was a short and stocky man, but with burly muscles in his arms and chest. He nodded his head. "I have what you need, sonny. Now. How many do ya need?" He asked, leaning on his counter, giving Felix a wink. Felix smiled pleasurably. "I need at least...." He paused to think. " Eight travel cloaks. Three woman and four men." He added, sliding three gold coins towards the man. The man spirited the coins away, smiling a wide grin, revealing three missing teeth. "So it shall be." With that, he disappeared behind a door. Felix could hear the sounds of his feet hitting the floor and the sounds of rustling. He was surprised that, when he focused ever so slightly, he could even hear the beating of the man's heart and the blood pulsing through his veins. These new enhanced sense might come in handy. He thought as the man returned with eight travel cloaks hanging over his arm. "Here ya go." he said, setting the cloaks on the counter. Dust rose up in the air and floated through the shafts of sunlight. "Thank you kindly. Do you perhaps also have two blankets?" He asked, remembering something. The man smiled when Felix handed him another coin and disappeared once again. He returned sooner than before with two blankets wrapped neatly in two rolls. "Here you go." He said with a  grunt. Felix took his merchandise and thanked the man. "Have a nice travel!" The man called to him as Felix walked out of the shop. He walked through the square and finally came to a bakery and deli. He picked up ten loaves of bread and four hunks of cheese. Tucking the food in a big bag and hanging the cloaks and blankets over his arm, he headed towards the barn where he had first smelled when entering the village. He walked into the barn and was greeted with several neighs and a few knickers. Felix gazed at the stallions and mares and he noticed one that caught his eye. He was a beautiful stallion. He had a sleek black pelt and a single white diamond on his forehead. He stood still and calm, just watching Felix with an awful sense of knowing. Felix smiled and let the stallion sniff his hand. The stallion gently sniffed it and nibbled his hand lightly. He blinked his round black eyes at Felix and suddenly, Felix heard footsteps behind him. "That's Wildfire. He's the leader of a well known herd in the west." Felix turned to see a tall man who had well muscled arms and shoulders. He held out a hand. "M'names Fenrick. Yours?" He asked. Felix shook his hand, noticing how rough his hands were. Felix decided to use a fake name. "My name is Adam. I'm looking for eight steeds that are ready for a hard travel." Felix said in a calm voice. The man smiled. "I have just the stallions you need. I'm guessing one of those eight will be Wildfire, if I'm not mistaking." Felix glanced back at the stallion. Wildfire had been watching him the whole time. Felix smiled slightly. "Yeah. He’s one of them." He said softly. The man smiled. "Good. Every ones too afraid of him to buy him. The last person who tried to buy him got a hefty kick in the face from a flying hoof." Fenrick said with a grin. Felix smiled as well, at ease with the man, but still cautious. "Wait right here. I'll bring you the steeds and we'll see how you think of them." Fenrick disappeared down the barn and later returned with seven steeds led by their halters. "Here ya go." Fenrick said with a grunt. Fenrick pointed to a palomino with a gray spot under his eye. "That's Falcon." He pointed to a beautiful white and brown paint. "That's Arien." He pointed to a black stallion with a white belly. "That's Blitz." He pointed to a perfectly snow white horse. " That's Fairfax." He pointed to a gray stallion with a black patch on his nose. "That's Lithe. He's second in command of the herd we got Wildfire from." Last but not least, he pointed to another palomino that had a white star on his forehead. "This is the only female. Her name is Aether. Be good with her. She's one of my favorites." he said, gazing at the beautiful palomino mare with a loving look. Felix smiled and gave the man fifteen gold coins. "Will that be enough?" The man stared at the gold coins, mouth open in a comical O. He smiled and nodded his head. Felix took the halters and he lead the horses out of the barn, saying a quick farewell to Fenrick. When Felix exited the Village, he walked to the bridge and arrived at the top of it. He whistled. His group tumbled out from under the bridge and gazed at the horses behind Felix who were taller than all of them. "Come on guys and choose your horse. But the black stallion is mine." Felix said, letting go of the halters and pointing to the black stallion. The horses didn't bolt. They were well trained. Ryan gazed at the paint horse. He let it nuzzle his palm and for the first time in Felix's life, he saw Ryan smile. "His name's Arien." He told Ryan. Jane giggled when the palomino snuffled her hair. "That's Falcon." He told Jane. She smiled at him. Fane gazed at the black stallion and smiled lovingly. "That's Blitz!" Felix called to her. She flashed him a sharp toothed grin. Marcus stroked his horse's neck. "That's Lithe." Felix said, smiling inwardly. It was sort of ironic. Marcus was second in command and he got the second in command horse of the herd. Ayrion gazed Fairfax and smiled when Fairfax nuzzled her palm. "That's Fairfax!" Felix called to her. Fairfax fit Ayrion. They were both shy. Finally, his father approached Aether. Something glinted in his father's eyes and when Aether gazed at him. His father gently stroked the star on her forehead and kissed it lightly. "Her name is Aether." Felix told him, slightly miffed by his father's reaction to Aether. "Yes. Her personality fit's your mother's personality." He said softly. Felix froze. Felix yearned for him to say more, but Wildfire nudged him lightly. Felix sighed and turned to his horse and smiled.

Felix handed each of the group a cloak. They had all met their horse and had absolutely fallen in love with them. It hurt Felix to think that he would have to part with Wildfire. He couldn't bear it. "I've decided that we will keep the horses." He said softly. The group cheered. The horses flicked their ears, but kept grazing. Wildfire and Lithe watched the herd, briefly grazing sometimes. Felix gave everybody one loaf of bread and a piece of cheese. Then he only had two loaves of bread left and a hunk of cheese. Felix stored them in his pack in a bag that would keep them from rotting and he threw his old travel cloak in the river, watching it float away. He tied his new travel cloak on and he threw his pack over his shoulder. Everyone had also put their packs and cloaks on. Felix's father, Makota, smiled at Felix and nodded his head. They all threw their hoods up and mounted their horses. The horses pranced eagerly. Felix put the two blankets in his pack and he belted his knife to his waist. He turned on his horse and looked at his group behind him. They were all mounted and ready to ride. "Let's go! " He cried. He tapped his horses flank and Wildfire went straight into a gallop easily. Felix was re*censored*ured to hear the group was following him. Good. None of them had problems starting their horses. He thought happily. Felix realized that the horses had formed a V shape. Wildfire in the lead, Lithe on the right side of Wildfire and Aether on the left side of Wildfire. Falcon was behind Lithe and Arien was behind Aether. Blitz was behind Falcon and Fairfax was behind Arien. Felix smiled slightly. The horses had made up the herd. They galloped past the village. They stayed of the road and stayed in the gr*censored*, trotting over small rolling hills. It was a beautiful sight. Eight riders, the setting sun's orange glow enveloping until only there black form could be seen riding on their horses. A wolf racing in front of them. The horses never seemed to slow their fast pace. Felix noticed that some of the group nodded of sometimes, but awoke with a jolt if their horses had to jump slightly to avoid a large rock or fallen log. They would have to rest soon. Regrettably, they didn't have Felix's stamina.
  Felix sighed and slowed his horse with a soft tug on his reins. Not surprised, the other horses slowed almost instantly. Rohan gave a howl and Felix smiled. They weren't far from the forest. Rohan had already reached it and would be waiting at the entrance for them to guide them through the hidden trails he, Rohan, and Marcus had made years ago. They all dismounted and set up camp. As the sky grew dark and the stars began glinting in the sky, Felix's father walked over to him as he stood on a rather high hill, gazing at the sky. "The stars show every night, no matter how dark it is. Always lighting the way when the moon wasn't there. " His father whispered, gazing at Felix's face. Felix sighed. " What do you need, father?" He asked softly. "Nothing. I wanted to talk to you. It's been years since I saw you mother's eyes." His father said quietly. Felix turned to his father. "Tell me more." He whispered, gazing at his feet, feeling slightly foolish. "She loved to read. Whenever she could get her hands on a book, she finished it in less than a day. She was kind and gentle and she always helped the needy even when she couldn't help herself. And....." His father lifted Felix's chin so that they were eye level. Felix couldn't help it. Tears slid down his cheeks. "She was very beautiful and she loved you very much." He whispered. Felix let out a strangled sob and they embraced. Felix buried his face in his father's chest. He felt like he was young again and he was watching his mother's beautiful face laying still and cold in the mud, the smile from last night still on her beautiful lips. They stood there for a few minutes before Felix gave a strangled sob and backed away from his father, wiping the tears from his eyes. it wouldn't ease the worries of the group if they saw him crying. He rarely cried. "Can't you sleep father?" Felix asked, watching his father turn back to the stars. "You know better Felix." His father's answer startled him. "Only when we are in another form, can we sleep. It's the way of our kind." Felix froze. His eyes dilated and he felt his breathing slow slightly. The way of our kind. "What.... are we?" he whispered, staring at the ground. He felt his father tense beside him and he turned to see his father staring at him, an incredulous look on his face. "You.... You don't know?" he whispered. Somehow, that didn't make Felix feel any better. Then, his father shook his head. "The others will tell you when we reach Aden Lien." His father said in a shaky voice. Felix sighed, frustrated. His father looked at him with pity. "Remember, when you woke up and you found your senses enhanced?" Felix nodded his head. "That's only part of what you are. There is much more. You've just seem to have forgotten how to change into your true self." His father said the last part to himself in barely a whisper, but Felix heard it loud and clear. his gut clenched. He sighed and they stood there all night, staring at the sky. Soon, blood red lines appeared in the hazy sky. "Time to wake the others." Felix said, his voice smooth, last night's conversation forgotten.

Info

Herd Formation

Wildfire

Lithe                Aether
Falcon                   Arien

Blitz                    Fairfax

Group Characters and Other

Wildfire; Leader: Felix, Age: 18 (Friend: Timber Wolf Rohan)

Lithe; Second in Command: Marcus, Age: 18

Falcon; Third in command: Jane, Age: 17

Arien; Fourth in Command: Ryan, Age: 17

Blitz; Fifth in command: Fane, Age: 16 
Fairfax; Sixth in Command: Ayrion, Age: 17 
Aether; Makota, Age: 42 (Felix's father)

OFFLINE: Have school to keep up with, but I\'ll be online later. \r\n
http://dl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1555/1555491thptl28wlg.png
Zydrate

6:35am Sep 6 2009

Normal User

Very good, Wolfeh! I recognized Felix and Makota from our werewolf RP. XD Write more!

Officially the Albino Veram King.

53/100 albino Veram

WolfMoon96

3:25pm Sep 6 2009

Normal User

Okay calm down. i do it at school and at my dad's house so there will be plenty more. And yeah. I always use Felix whenever I role play, but now I've found a new character that can play alongside him. Ayrion.

OFFLINE: Have school to keep up with, but I\'ll be online later. \r\n
http://dl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1555/1555491thptl28wlg.png
Go to page: 1