Mister Simmons's School for the Not-So-Human

Go to page: 1 Bookmark Thread
WolfieBelle

5:41pm May 14 2011

Normal User

Chapter One

Waking up to a bed that isn't yours is not so fun. I had overheard my parents speaking about sending me to this school, but I never believed that they would do it. Cussing under my breath, I got up. As I looked around, I noticed that the rooms weren't all that bad. The carpet was an off-white color, with a few stains here and there, the bed was comfortable, with black bedsheets, and a red comforter. There were windows everywhere, with the red curtains pulled across them so that I couldn't see outside.

Being curious, I pulled the curtains aside to see where I really was, only to find a boy's face pressed against the glass. He looked to be a few years younger than me.

"It is true, there's a new student!" the boy said to a group of people in the courtyard behind him.

The group of people came up to the window, trying to get a good look at me. I immediately closed the curtains. I didn't feel like everyone getting a sight of me in my tank top and my short pajama shorts.

~~~

After asking around, I finally found myself in the principal's office. I sat down in the chair before his desk.

"Hello, Miss Xabrianna Lee," the principal said. "I am the principal here, as you can see. You may call me Mister Simmons."

I cringed as he said my full name. I hated my full name. "Just call me Bree, please."

"Alright, Miss Bree," Mister Simmons said, "here is your schedule, and here is your map." He handed me two pamphlets with the school's emblem on them. "You may go, now."

"Wait a minute," I said, confused, "Aren't you going to get someone to show me around?"

"We believe that students at our school should learn on their own. You'll find out how to get around. Our school isn't as complicated as it looks." I got up, and Mister Simmons pushed me out of the door.

I stormed down the hallway, confused and angry. Why was I here? Why were the people so fascinated with me? I sighed in frustration.

Soon, I found myself standing in a congested area of the hallway, not sure what to do. Everyone was staring at me, and I felt a hand hook around mine. It was a large hand, but it was comforting and warm.

I looked up to see a handsome boy holding my hand.

Love is all we need~

WolfieBelle

7:11pm May 16 2011

Normal User

Chapter Two

"What do you think you're doing?" I whispered, a bit angry that this stranger had the nerve to touch me. Of course, I was a bit claustrophobic, so I may have been overreacting.

"Just play along with it," the handsome boy whispered back, beginning to walk away from the dense group of people. "So, sweetie, how was your interview?" he asked, his tone changing as if he were talking to his girlfriend.

"Excuse me?!" I whispered loudly, holding back the urge to punch him in the face.

"Play along with it!" He whispered back, just as loud as I did.

"Um... Okay, I guess."

"Good, now what's your first class?" He paused, tapping his chin with his free hand. "Offensive training?"

We finally got out of the crowd of people, and he led me into an abandonded school room. I slid my hand out of his, and gave him the meanest glare I could manage. "What were you doing?"

"Helping you," he said, crossing his arms.

"How was that helping me? All you did was make me blush."

"Well, at this school, new students aren't all that common. Usually, you just come here in the sixth grade, and stay here until the end of highschool. Students here aren't used to newcomers. That's why there was a group of people outside your window this morning."

"How did you know that?!"

"The whole school was talking about it, love."

"Don't call me love."

"Love," he said, just to tease me.

Of course, I didn't take to that well, so I slapped him. Hard. He staggered backward, but righted himself, rubbing his red cheek. "Don't. Call. Me. Love."

"Fine, sweetheart. I'll find something else to call you until you tell me your name."

"Bree. Call me Bree."

"Okay, Bree," he said, smirking. "My name is Josh. Now, I'm going to leave before you ruin my other cheek, okay?"

"Good riddens," I said, angrily.

Josh walked out of the door. Due to me being so flustered by the crowd, and by Josh himself, I didn't get a good look at him. Then, I wondered what he looked like, but I gave up.

I walked out, back into the crowded hallway, more confused than I had ever been.

Stupid Josh.

Stupid Mister Simmons.

Stupid School.

Love is all we need~

Go to page: 1