Love's Snare

Go to page: 1 Bookmark Thread
fish94

7:16am Sep 7 2009 (last edited on 5:58pm Sep 7 2009)

Normal User

This is the story of how I met the love of my life, and how life took away my love. C&CC Welcomed. 

Love is a powerful emotion. One second it is docile, and the next it wakes with a vengance. It envelops you in the most woderful feeling known to mankind.
But sometimes, love is hell.
I met her 2 years ago in a cl*censored* at school. Her sleek brown hair fell past her shoulders, her face illuminated by a small stream of light. Her skin was like a painting, untouched by the world, with eyes as green as the stem of a rose.

Over the course of the year, we grew closer and closer together, until the inevitable day.
"Alex, can we talk?" Called out a soft, meek voice from behind me. I turned around to see a figure of beauty standing before my eyes. "Of course" I said, smiling. "What's up Sarah?" I asked gently. "Well, I..I was just wondering if you would maybe go out with me.." Replied Sarah, seemingly loosing confidence with every word. I smiled once more, took her hands in mine and kissed her lightly on the forehead. "Yes, I will go out with you" I whispered in her ear, feeling her silky soft hair graze my face.

Unfortunatley, like most young relationships, we broke up after around two weeks. Dissapointed as I was, I moved on and saw a few more girls, none of which even compared to Sarah. We had decided it best just to stay friends until we both knew what we really wanted.

Almost an entire year later, just a couple of months ago, our 'group' of friends were all Sarah's house, just relaxing, when without warning Sarah took my hand and led me off into her bedroom. "Alex, over 2 years, I have learned more and more about you, and in turn i'm sure you have learned about me." She began, fidgiting with her hair and barely making eye contact except for a few quick glances. "The thing is, i think I might be in love with you." She finnished, blushing a furious red. I was in shock. "Sarah, I love you too" I replied after what felt like a lifetime.

So began our relationship. We lasted a lot longer than the last time, but we had problems, so we decided to give it a week long break while she visited cornwall with some friends. One week of lonelyness and heartbreak. The next time I saw her, I was flung into the most powerful hug of my life. "I never want to be apart from you again" She said, tears rolling down her cheeks. We then shared a kiss that I will remember until I die, locked in a tight embrace, feeling the flawless skin of her cherry red lips.

Time took its cause, and we broke up for a final time. She made me promise to move on and forget about 'us'.
But I can't do that anymore. My feelings aren't in my hands.
I'm trapped in Love's snare.

This is a true story, i'm talking to Sarah as I write it.
Thank you for reading.

Go to page: 1