I'll Give it a Shot

Go to page: 1 Bookmark Thread
Ceriani

4:06pm Mar 6 2010

Normal User

Okay, I just decided to give this a shot. I'm not sure if i will go through with this so tell me what you think. :)

Mark smiled at me and I blushed, although we were both on separate dates, in a restaurant.  We were directly across the room from each other. “Helloooo?”  Thomas, the man I was dating, snapped his fingers in my face. “Oh, I’m sorry, Thomas.” I said. I had been put on a blind date by my friends. “Yeah.” Thomas mumbled, glaring down at his food. I leaned across the table and gently touched his arm. “I don’t think this is going to work out.” I said, biting my lip.

Thomas stared directly into my eyes. He stood up, his chair slid back behind him. “I’m sorry I am not enough for you, Ashley.” He said slowly.  I sighed and watched him go. I felt bad but I didn’t really want this man. I was just about to excuse myself to the bathroom when the waitress stepped in front of me. Her bouncy bun shook as she talked, and a pencil was tucked between her ear and her head. “I hope you are going to pay.” She said glaring at me. “Uh, of course.” I slid the pencil from her ear and signed the bill. “Yeah now I got to get to the bathroom.” I gritted my teeth as I shoved past her.

I finally reached the ladies room. Both of my hands pushed the door open and I walked straight towards the mirror. My blonde hair was still curled to perfection. My blue eyes stared back at myself as I let my mind wander back to Mark. He was tall, strong, and sweet. His wavy black hair was not long, but it did touch his ears and hung over his forehead. His brown eyes could make me feel, almost….like I was flying.

I smiled to myself. I was wearing a bright blue dress that hung to my knees. It flew behind me as I walked out of the room. The room was louder and noisier now. I began my way walking towards the door. Right after I stepped outside, into the warm night, I heard the door open again. I turned around and I saw Mark. “Ashley….” He said smiling. “How’d it go?” I sighed hoping he would’ve asked for a date or something, but in his eyes we were just friends.

I sighed again, the put on my best smile. “It didn’t work out…” I said, rocking back and forward, flirtingly on my heels.  “Me neither.” He said, but didn’t sound very disappointing. There was an awkward silence between the both of us. I rummaged through my head, thinking of something to end the silence. Mark did it for me. “Maybe they weren’t meant to be…” He said. I looked up into his eyes. Something I usually didn’t do.

“I’ll see you around.” I said, waving good-bye. I was a bit upset Mark didn’t look disappointed about me leaving. I knew I was. I just wanted to leave before I did something stupid. When I got home my mom wasn’t happy. “Where have you been?” She asked as soon as I stepped into the house. “On a date.” I said, almost adding “duh” to the end of the sentence but I stopped myself.

My mom sighed her blonde hair swayed with her head as she cocked it. “Your only 15, Ashley.” My lip trembled. “So?” I exclaimed. “Your young.” My mom said through gritted teeth. “It’s about 2 in the morning.” She nearly yelled but managed to stay calm. I turned and headed up the stairs. “I may be 15 but I’m this much closer to leaving the house.” I mumbled under my breath.

Go to page: 1