Timber's Random Artwork

Go to page: 1, 2 Bookmark Thread
timberwolf97

10:49pm Jan 19 2011 (last edited on 7:19pm Jan 24 2011)

Normal User

Ok, so..I recently started using DeviantArt.

Yeah, I know I'm not very good but can you please give me some advice? Oh, and I'll start uploading some artwork onto Deviant later. My scanner doesn't work anymore so I have to take pictures :(

My Deviant account is:

http://timberwolf97.deviantart.com/

I'm not sure how to post artwork on the thread so if you know how, please tell me.

If you really cared about animals more than humans...kindly feed yourself to the next starving wolf.
timberwolf97

11:22pm Jan 19 2011 (last edited on 11:23pm Jan 19 2011)

Normal User

Whew. It worked. Opinions? Suggestions?

If you really cared about animals more than humans...kindly feed yourself to the next starving wolf.
timberwolf97

11:24pm Jan 19 2011

Normal User

It looks kinda squished because if i put it to the full size, it would have stretched the page :(

Falzon

4:17pm Jan 20 2011

Normal User

Eeep; never done a critique stffies before xD But here it goesss

K; first of all; you may want to work on fingers a little bit. I think your fingers are a bit too long; or you may want to extend the thumbs and enlargen the palms slightly. You can draw fingers like so- 

I see that you already got down the fact that fingers have 3 sections (cept for some :3 - I mean like in real life xD) so that's good. Note how the thumb is further down the hand. Look at your hand and notice... =w=b

Next; shadows. I see that you made a darker color on the inside of the clothing (I have no idea what it's called xD) so that's good! There are other things that you have to consider when doing shadows though. For example, under her torso there should be some shadows,under the armpits (one or two words I don't knowz o3o) and under the neck. They may not have come out in the scan but I'm not sure.
With shadows, come light sources. There will be some areas of clothes and body that will be lighter. Use lighter shades of that color (or white) to lighten those spots. Blend them in to give more of an effect than rather just a 'bevel' (which always happens to me :D xD)

Also; clothing folds. These are nessecary. When you're wearing clothes. XD Yeah that and that there are some folds that 'appear' in areas of the clothing and occasionally joints of the body. With folds comes shadows as well. You probably want to create a shadown nearby the fold depending on where the light is coming from. 

Another thing, ANANANANATOMY. STUFF I HATE. Anyway, That comes in with the hands as well. I'm not a genius at this and I've only recently started (ish) anatomy. I'll just say that the arms are a little bit skinny o3o I don't know xD But the top of the arms at least shouldbe a bit fatter. Ish. xD Remember (or if you don't remember learn now >:D) that you should learn from REAL LIFE FIRST (psh; I shouldn't be talking) :D

Nerxtu, I *censored*ume that there is some wind (if there isn't, just read anyway xD) considering that the sleeves are going to the left. You should also do this to the hair. I spy some motionless hair... 
Oh yes, and talking about hair, you might also want to add some random extra strands in random places for no reason. But seeing that the hair is tied up I don't think there's much reason to do so ^^

I think the design is very nice :D You should also dewdle some backgroud (to make it more appeallingg like a banaaanaaa pealll; lol wut k). Considering the clothes she's wearing it's either Chinese, Japanese, Korean, or some other fancy Asian Pacific area xD Perhaps some willow trees and what not and water o3o :unsure: but I don't know xD

SO; some things to remember are, anatomy, folds, shadow, coloring and uhuhuh yeah I forget but xD As I was saying... deviantArt has some very nice tutorials you look can look up if you need help with placements and stuff. After all it is an art site ^^ But remember that tutorials can't teach you EVERYTHING. One needs to develop their own style and other what not. (I am not a sage so shushhh~). 

Urp; sorry for writing too much o3o

timberwolf97

7:53pm Jan 20 2011

Normal User

thanks Falzon ^^ next time i do a person, ill follow your advice. and maybe i should get a scanner. I have to take pictures of the artwork right now and its making me want to smash my computer cause some of the details dont show up DX 

Falzon

10:30pm Jan 20 2011

Normal User

Yep :D I hope it wasn't too harsh D; If you hate critiques; it's okay; I do tooo o3o

That'd be nice :D You could ink your work too ^^ Lol; it's okay; everyone has used some evil comp before ;D 

timberwolf97

11:21pm Jan 20 2011

Normal User

you werent harsh at all compared to some of my art teachers ^^ . and its good to get advice and critiques sometimes :) i was thinking of inking the picture before i uploaded it but then i realized that my ink pen had no ink.. *__*

Quellsrule

10:38am Jan 21 2011

Normal User

Hmm. I slightly disagree with Falzon. I think that the hands are unique - they could be your watermark, basically. I'd buy your art if I had tu.

by Zen ♥
timberwolf97

4:42pm Jan 21 2011

Normal User

thanks quells ^^

Falzon

8:00pm Jan 22 2011

Normal User

Lol; that could be a possiblity too :3

I mean personally I think they're fine but if you're going for realistic or slightly more ish look above xD 

timberwolf97

6:46pm Jan 23 2011 (last edited on 6:47pm Jan 23 2011)

Normal User

Tiger:

Not sure if i should colour it or not....

My indigo kioka ^^ i had a dream that someone priced an indigo dk at 1k..

I was gonna get a magenta meragon but then i realized that i didn't have enough tu..but I drew this picture anyway:

timberwolf97

6:48pm Jan 23 2011

Normal User

bump

timberwolf97

6:50pm Jan 23 2011

Normal User

i think i have a picture of a dragon somewhere. ill see if i can find it >:)

timberwolf97

6:57pm Jan 23 2011

Normal User

timber once had a dream:

one day, she logged onto res and found that someone had given her a kioka for her bday. then she woke up and logged onto res and found that her dream had come true.

KEEP DREAMING TIMBER! lol

timberwolf97

7:37pm Jan 23 2011

Normal User

bump

timberwolf97

7:45pm Jan 23 2011

Normal User

bump

Fiery

12:21am Jan 24 2011

Normal User

suggestion: make that tiger real and make it be my pet :D it's awesome

Fuoco Ezana Speranza
Quellsrule

11:49am Jan 24 2011

Normal User

Colour the BACKGROUND of the Tiger one and make it a White Tiger :)

by Zen ♥
timberwolf97

6:31pm Jan 24 2011

Normal User

thanks fiery :)

quells-ill do that as soon as i finish my darn essay for social >.<

Falzon

6:43pm Jan 24 2011

Normal User

FO BOOTIFOOOLL OOOOOOOAAAAAOOOOOOOO (OAO if you can't tell xD)

Agreees withhh Queelll

Go to page: 1, 2