6:45pm Nov 23 2010

Normal User

Merci. :3

Logo
Detneth106

7:07pm Nov 23 2010

Normal User

Commissions. 8D

Art Commissions forum. ^o^ I've got one slot open. GO GET IT. :)

Logo
Moe

11:34pm Nov 23 2010

Normal User

If you are deciding to start coloring, and really want to get good at it, I suggest looking at this "tutorial." It isn't exactly a tutorial, but more of a helper on how to make your colors easy on the eyes and appealing. :3 It also helps you see that colors can be shaded in funky ways xD

Detneth106

1:14am Nov 24 2010

Normal User

Moe. :o

Thank you. ^o^

Logo
Ping

4:34am Nov 24 2010

Normal User

Det, adding your markings last ain't derpy. I do it all the time. I always do it. I find it easier that way. I put the markings on a separate la
yer and change the opacity and the la
yer settings.

Also you need to work on anatomy. This is how I think anatomy generally works:

It's not just for dogs, it can sort of apply with most mammals mind you.

I (HATE)' YOU

Feel the love man D:<

Detneth106

2:04pm Nov 24 2010

Normal User

[Thanks Ping. :o I'm experimenting and it's hard to find decent reference pictures on google. :c I will take your advice...and hopefully I'll be able to apply it. :3]

Logo
Grimoire

10:16pm Nov 30 2010 (last edited on 10:17pm Nov 30 2010)

Normal User

Hey Det, saw your post on the Party about switching to a more art inclined school. And that isn't all that necessary at the moment. Academics are good. From other peoples experience with schools, you don't learn all that much (depending on the cla.ss and who is teaching it) in K-12.

There's this brilliant girl in my art cla.sses, her parents made her go to a fancy pants art school since she was like four-years-old. She's a pretty good artist. She has great technique and understands loads of mediums. She can render beautiful images (if she has a photograph as reference and can completely copy it) easily.

Ask her to freehand? Yeah. That isn't happening. Perspective and foreshortening go out the window. Her beautifully rendered pieces are ruined on a weak foundation. I'm glad she took the Life Drawing cla.ss we're in. It was kinda sad watching her struggle with it when I was so in awe of her abilities. D: Now it's like she has to build up from the beginning again.

So basically, what I'm saying is: Unless they're teaching you how to draw from life and how to construct things, they'll only teach you how to mix paint or something.  It drives me nuts how many art cla.sses I've been too where they focus on perspective for like... one cla.ss. Perspective is very important and needs lots of practice. D:

Ugh anyway, wall of text over.

You might just need to look for some art places in your area and see if there are any cla.sses they offer. Your Mum might be less against that. 

Also, reference image trouble? Here's a gesture drawing tool for animals and stuff:

http://www.pixelovely.com/tools/animalgesture.html

8]

Also keep up the good work, forgive me and my long ranting.

photo 40 - DSZVXzV_zpsj5zwxtwe.jpg
Detneth106

1:14pm Dec 1 2010 (last edited on 3:04pm Dec 1 2010)

Normal User

All we did in cla.ss was take notes on...stuff. 8c Juxtaposition stuff. We haven't drawn anything in weeks. >< But yeah, it was just a thought when I was talking about switching schools. There's one in Sweden and then a more academically inclined one. xD

That made no sense. D: This is why I shouldn't post during cla.ss. >< Anyways. I do want to go there, but I'm supposed to be keeping my options open so I have a boarding school in Sweden or a more academically inclined school in Toronto that I could also apply for. Mostly, switching schools is just to get away from the one I'm currently in. I've been bullied for far too long and that place has bad memories. ;-;

And what's this gesture sketch thing for. D8 I can't figure it out.

And Det likes Zomby's rants. <3

Logo
Detneth106

3:09pm Dec 1 2010

Normal User

Commission for Neno. This is probably my best digital drawing so far. xD And it's not wearing eye shadow. I couldn't figure out how to make...ghost-like wisps or whatever for the eyes. 8c

Logo
Grimoire

5:50pm Dec 1 2010 (last edited on 5:56pm Dec 1 2010)

Normal User

It's for drawing. It swaps through images for you and you draw them. o-o You said you were having trouble finding reference images.

Step one: Select a time frame. This is how long the images will remain on your screen before changing. I generally do 30 second gesture sketches, which is the default time.

Step two: Select species. Canine, feline, equine. They have a lot in there. You were drawing canines and I would a.ssume you want to be better at them. Select canines.

Step three: Click the "Get Drawing!" button.

Step four: Draw.

photo 40 - DSZVXzV_zpsj5zwxtwe.jpg
Detneth106

8:20am Dec 2 2010

Normal User

That's...so simple. I kind of started flailing around when I pressed start and all I saw was a giant cat picture. And I didn't even have my sketchbook, or pencils, or any drawing materials by me, at that. xD

I'm going to totally try this when I get home. <3

Logo
Detneth106

5:11pm Dec 5 2010

Normal User

Having some fun in PS. :3 This is for Veraz. Her new magazine thing. xD

http://fav.me/d34as4p

This is the one without a background. Just clear. :/

http://fav.me/d34as4p

Me experimenting with blur, dodge and burn tools. I like it, despite the fact that I winged it. ^^

Logo
Go to page: 1, 2