I'm In need of help from the Art Community!

Go to page: 1 Bookmark Thread
MulletMaiden

7:45pm Jun 18 2014

Normal User

I'm hoping that this is the correct category for this thread, It seemed like the best place to put it. 

I've noticed in the forums that there are people selling artwork and adoptables for in-game  currency. I'm an artist too, and after looking at some of the art people are buying, I definitely think I could command a reasonable price for my work. It all just seems kind of big to me. I'm completely new to this, and appreciate any help that I receive.

There's obviously some kind of best practices that everyone seems to be following, but I am unsure about some of it. I think I can figure out how to post up pics directly into the threads through some of the html posts I've already read on the forums. I've also already read the posts by the support staff at the top of the page, and I've read through a lot of the posts in different threads. But, I still feel like I need some more specific info before I start. 

Here are my specific questions:

What are some adoptable best Practices? (Ex: Things that are assumed by people unless stated otherwise, General info, Time to complete adoptables/art for people, Collection of payment, etc.) 

I have read about people abandoning adoptables, but I don't understand this. How can you abandon or "take care of" a picture? Is this for fun/realism, or is there some kind of functionality I need to incorporate. 

I've also read about people assigning identification/tracking numbers to their adoptables. Does anyone have more info on how this works, or is it just to make finding the file on their own computer easier? I imagine if you had done a lot of orders that this would be important.

In what format should I send a buyer their adoptable/art? Do they simply just drag it to their desktop from the thread, or do I send them a .png or jpeg? I once saw some adoptables that were transferred with html code. If I just em
bed the full resolution file into the thread what keeps other people from taking it?

I'm noticing people asking for pricing for their work within the forum. Should I do this until I get a better feel for it, or is this practice annoying to everyone else?

What sort of image quality is expected. A actual size 72 dpi image? Or will my "customers" want/expect a print quality file?

Is there anywhere that has a good contract about the transferal of copyrights with the art? I don't plan on giving anyone the copyright to my work to sell prints or do anything else but "have" the work that they buy. I understand people like to display the work on their profile. That's fine. I just don't want people profiting from my work.

Anything else I need to know that I haven't thought of here? As you can tell, I am a noob when it comes to creating adoptables. ;)
MulletMaiden

7:48pm Jun 18 2014

Normal User

Also, I imagine if we can get a lot of these kinds of questions answered all in one thread it would act as a very helpful guide for other new users who want to share their artwork. :)
Go to page: 1