Rescreatu - Virtual Pet Game

Hakoge's Artsy Shenanigans (+ I Need Advice!)

Go to page: 1 Bookmark Thread
Hakoge

10:22am May 2 2010 (last edited on 10:43am May 2 2010)

Normal User

SO YEAH, I was thinking of selling off art here but I don't know how much my art would be worth and I was thinking of kind of going a different route with the "commissions" I sell, so I wanted to post a few examples of my art here, get an idea of how much people would pay for this sort of thing, and see how it goes from there. :D

Long story short, I want to take art commissions, but I have this really bad problem where the minute someone tells me "Hey, draw [x]", I suddenly can't. Everything I try to draw with the intent of making it what the person wants, it always comes out as something completely irrelevant. Like, say, if someone wants me to draw a bunny, I'll end up drawing a unicorn or a dragon or an owl instead.

So what I was thinking, was of selling some digital lineart I do in my free time in auctions, and the winner of the auction gets the lineart colored, by me, however they want.

I'm thinking of doing just Creatu for now, like this Chimby I drew:

Chimby!

I don't have lineart of the Chimby done up yet, since I only drew it yesterday and because I spent all night at a party afterwards only got to scan it in just now, but here's an example of my lineart (Placed next to its original sketch for comparison):

Hakoge

Hakoge Sketch

I also don't have much done in the way of digital coloring yet, but here are two examples:

Unicorn Boyfriend
("My Boyfriend Is A Unicorn", drawn for my boyfriend whose fursona is a winged unicorn 83)

Reklaw
("Reklaw", drawn for my boyfriend back when his fursona was a fox. I never did finish the shading on this one, but I'm still really proud of how it came out :D)

So, anybody have any ideas of how much my colored digital lineart would be worth? As I said earlier, I was planning on setting up digital lineart I do in my free time as an auction, and the winner of the auctions get the lineart colored however they'd like. Would people be interested in that? How much should I start an auction at? :x

I need to get ready to head off for my cousin's bridal shower, so I'll probably post up more of my artwork here just for people to look at once I get home. :D

GOAL IN LIFE

ALBINO LIYURE

Help is always super appreciated. ;-;
Hakoge

10:27am May 2 2010

Normal User

Dang, the images are so big it's stretching past the limits. xD I'll get those resized ASAP!

GOAL IN LIFE

ALBINO LIYURE

MandK

10:35am May 2 2010

Normal User

Those are really great! I love all of them. <3

Photobucket
Want a disco ball, like me? Rmail me and I\'ll make you one! :)
Hakoge

10:44am May 2 2010

Normal User

Thank you! :D

GOAL IN LIFE

ALBINO LIYURE

Reeses

4:33pm May 2 2010

Normal User

I love your art.  You should really set up commissions. o_O

Wat.
ಠ_ಠ
 _Ranvier

4:37pm May 2 2010

Normal User

The second one makes me happy.
It's very pretty. <3
You've got some lovely art thar.

Staryulynn

4:44pm May 2 2010

Normal User

Are you ever going to do commishes?

-and a new day will dawn, for those who stand long, and the forest will echo with laughter-
Hakoge

8:17pm May 2 2010

Normal User

Wheeee, forgot where I put this thread. xD

Reeses: Thank you! :D I've got an auction set up with the finished lineart for the Chimby sketch, set up here!

Staryulynn: I was really thinking about it, and I want to (as I've never done it before), but I have so much trouble drawing things when people ask for them. :C I'm not entirely sure why, which is why I've got this lineart auction set up. xD I'll probably try taking commissions once I've done a few of these lineart things... If I can get it off the ground, anyway! xD

GOAL IN LIFE

ALBINO LIYURE

Staryulynn

8:26pm May 2 2010

Normal User

Awesome Hak! Your art is beautiful!

-and a new day will dawn, for those who stand long, and the forest will echo with laughter-
Wolfgirl98

4:41pm May 10 2010

Normal User

ur art is awesum i luv it! :)

I've lost my eraser, I've lost my mind!....between the two I miss the eraser more.
FoxCrazy

8:56pm May 11 2010

Normal User

You did my commission easily enough. And very well, I might add. And seeing your humans...I might order again in the near future. ButWhitwouldimpalemeAHHH.

"You're off the edge of the map, mate. Here there be monsters."

Ping

10:13pm May 11 2010

Normal User

Well, sonce you wanted some advice. I'll give you some.

First thing is that I think the chimby's head's a bit small and it's arms are really really really butch xD

Your lineart's pretty nice, you're actually really good at that stuff (I can never do lineart).

Not really much you went wrong here, it's actually pretty good stuff. However, I wouldn't buy it due to my personal taste.

I actually really dislike fat limbs like in that 'My Boyfriend Is A Unicorn' piece and the feet in the fox fursona. I also don't like the use of the smudge tool on the base coat. But it's just my personal preference, which you don't really have to bother about. It's your style and you do whatever you like ;D

About your problem:

"I want to take art commissions, but I have this really bad problem where the minute someone tells me "Hey, draw [x]", I suddenly can't. Everything I try to draw with the intent of making it what the person wants, it always comes out as something completely irrelevant. Like, say, if someone wants me to draw a bunny, I'll end up drawing a unicorn or a dragon or an owl instead."

That's not much of a problem. Most artistsonly do things once they have inspiration and that's when the highest quality art is produced. One time someone commissioned me to draw whatever I wanted as long as it was to their taste. They showed art they liked and they were pictures of foxes and wolves. But this is what I gave them xD

http://bluemarshmallows.deviantart.com/art/Sleipnir-146621973

Just keep practicing drawing many different animals to make sure you have a wide range of skills. You have the right to reject a commission if you think you can't give them something with their money.

I (HATE)' YOU

Feel the love man D:<

Go to page: 1