[Art Dump] Cephei's Sketchbook

Go to page: 1 Bookmark Thread
Cephei

10:33pm Feb 22 2011 (last edited on 1:26am Feb 23 2011)

Normal User

Decided to jump into the bandwagon and create an art dump for myself. I've stopped drawing in favour for roleplaying, but when the replies are slow, I'll do a sketch or two. Anyways, hopefully you'll find something you like here. Enjoy <3C:

Improvement Tracker

8 YEARS

This is the oldest drawing I found. It's a portrait of my dad drawn for his birthday, and I was surprised he still had it lying around.

12 YEARS

I drew mostly Audition characters this year because I was obsessed with that game. I had a lot of troubles with anatomy and I couldn't draw hands to save my life.

13 YEARS

I drew a lot of Neopets and dragons at this age, because I thought they were the best things ever. I really liked Death Note, too, and drew a lot of fanart.

14 YEARS

I did a lot of experimenting this year and copied many stylesnamely Eyeshield 21's because I loved playing football and the manga was the best. I tried adopting a shoujo style, but I never got a hang of the eyes. xD I even ventured into abstract, which was done by looking at my friends and trying to draw them without looking at the paper. I also started CG at this time because my dad bought me a tablet and I found out about the wonders of SAI and I was too lazy to sharpen my pencil crayons.

15 YEARS
I'm hoping that this year will show a lot of improvement in both anatomy and style. I'm still experimenting with styles, and I hope to find one I can call my own. I hope to become more prolific at digital art, as well.

Cephei

11:03pm Feb 22 2011 (last edited on 11:08pm Feb 22 2011)

Normal User

These were done late 2010.

These were done at the beginning of this year.

I could use a lot of work on my digital art. ;_;

Cephei

11:14pm Feb 22 2011 (last edited on 3:19pm Feb 23 2011)

Normal User

Moe

7:26am Feb 23 2011

Normal User

The mews look the same...? o3o

Good work :o

Cephei

3:18pm Feb 23 2011

Normal User

Ah, The mews didn't appear on my screen. xD

Grimoire

8:05pm Feb 25 2011

Normal User

The heads of your people are enormous. I don't know if that's intentional or not, but that's really the only thing about your art that bothers me. It almost looks like we're always looking sort of down at the persons head, but the way their face is positioned it implies we're staring face-to-face. I know you're into the whole anime stylization thing, but I think working on your proportions a little bit will help your art more than working on your painting.

Because that said I really love your little Pokemon. I think the light shading benefits the cute and whimsical quality of the art. In fact I think if you tried to push it more it would really detract from it.

photo 40 - DSZVXzV_zpsj5zwxtwe.jpg
Go to page: 1