Safe Haven (idk fam that's a lame title)

Go to page: 1 Bookmark Thread
Yasha

11:17pm Mar 31 2016 (last edited on 11:18pm Mar 31 2016)

Normal User

Okay so basically this is exactly what it sounds like. This thread will be a place for people to come to if/when they need someone to vent/talk/complain/whatever to. 

Mugiwara and I had a lovely conversation this evening in the sb about our own problems with a really crappy mental illness called Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) and it was suggested that we start a thread like this to help people who may be going through the same things or similar things that we are.

Personally speaking, I deal with BPD, Depression, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD), and they affect my everyday life in big ways - BPD is the worst however. In the span of five minutes I feel upwards of ten separate emotions all at such intensity that it impacts the way I interact with my friends and family.

To quote someone from tumblr:

"Bpd is so scary. Like you’re angry. At yourself. At others. At the world. You don’t know why?? But everything is irritating you and everything is wrong. And it’s so scary because it’s so hard to have a stable relationship with it. The fear of abandonment is too strong and you mess up a lot because of your paranoia. It’s constant jealously and suspicion. You annoy them. You become sort of obsessed with them. All you do is think about them, and you are convinced they don’t think about you. You are convinced you’re the only one who cares in the relationship. You overanalyze their sentences and make everything out to be them losing interest in you. You make arguments about it, drive them away. Or maybe you even push them away. And one day you feel so in love, butterflies in the stomach and everything, and the next, they are stupid and you dont want to talk to them and you get super mean. And then it’s super scary because your moods are extreme. So extreme. Like someone leaves you? You throw your precious belongings out, pull out your hair. Or maybe you just thought they left you, like a small argument or them hanging out with someone else. And maybe you trip in front of someone. You still do those same destructive things because it triggered such bad emotions. You feel overwhelmed and out of control. And god, sometimes you start to dissociate. Your family doesn’t feel real. You don’t feel real. You feel disconnected from your body. Everything seems foggy. It’s super strange and scary. And just really, really depressing. It’s hard to stay alive."

So our goal here isn't to cure anyone, it isn't to "fix" anyone, it's a safe place to talk and a safe place to be heard without fear or shame or guilt. When a few more people get involved/express interest I will share my story in a bit more detail and hopefully inspire some of you guys to do the same. All I want is for everyone to feel like they have a safe place to talk to someone.

Peace

11:21pm Mar 31 2016

Normal User

I think this is a really nice idea and could be rely helpful. I think a lot of users need this.

Eiji

12:15am Apr 1 2016

Normal User

Hello hello. <3 

Like Padme said, I want to help other people who have had similar experiences to my own. I have BPD with a comorbidity of OCD, as well as depression, panic disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.

It's a lot, and it's always been embarrassing for me to admit there's so much going on inside my head. But it's all interlaced, it's all connected. And when you think of it that way, it's really not that strange.

I too will share more when this gathers more interest. Above all, I want to be there for others. I want to be a beacon of hope, a friendly smile that lets them know that they're not alone, they're NEVER alone. 

Yasha

3:29pm Apr 1 2016

Normal User

BPD, Depression, and GAD are what I "officially" have. While I haven't officially been diagnosed with BPD it's obvious after doing some research that I do have it. But along with what I've listed there I also have extreme Shizotypal, Avoidant, and Dependent traits!

Basically, the inside of my brain is a mess of "Leave me the hell alone" and "Don't leave me I'd be dead without you" - it's ridiculous honestly. I recently have become more open with talking about these things and as amazing as it has been to get these things off my chest, not everyone has been supportive. I've had people tell me "I'm fine" when I tell them what I'm dealing with, but I've decided that what they think don't matter (even though it drives me up the wall every time it happens).

So ignore the people who tell you that what you're feeling isn't real. Because they don't know. They don't know. They have no idea what you are going through, no idea what you're feeling, what you are dealing with. They don't know you like you do.

Eiji

8:11pm Apr 2 2016

Normal User

Mm, I feel the "leave me the hell alone" paired with "don't leave me I'd be dead without you." My mood fluctuates so intensely, It drives me insane. I'll be all geared up and pumped to spend time with someone, but then I'll somehow quickly convince myself I just want to be left alone.

Padme is right, though, guys. Nobody knows what goes on inside your head but you, nobody else has any idea besides what you tell them. Your feelings don't lie.

Also, sorry for the lack of posting, I've been up and down these past few days. xD

Sherlocked93

12:47pm Apr 3 2016

Normal User

Hey, 
Tis Sherlocked93 here! 
Just saying hi!

Oz

8:02pm Apr 4 2016 (last edited on 8:04pm Apr 4 2016)

Writer

I bought a skirt in a charity shop.
It was beautiful.
I worked out why it was in the charity shop. ;.;
It tightens itself.
And then doesn't loosen.

I have track marks. ;.;

... and trackmarks really, really hurt.

Eiji

8:14pm Apr 4 2016 (last edited on 9:08pm Apr 4 2016)

Normal User

Hi Sher! ^.^ Thanks for stopping by.

Tibby oh my God what why WHY IS THAT EVEN A THING. I'm so sorry bby.

Am I allowed to vent, too? I'm gonna vent because I just feel like crap today. xD' I feel like all I do is stress out my family and agh it's just really crappy. I'm kind of stuck at this weird crossroads right now and I have no idea what to do, and it's just really uncomfortable. I miss my dad a lot. I've had dreams about him every night since he passed three years ago, and I don't know, it's just messing with me more lately.

EDIT: Padme, I wanted to show you this song but I figured I'd post it here so others can listen if they want. But anyway, it's a cover of a vocaloid song because I'm a nerd lmao but it gave me a lot of BPD feels when I listened to it. bed/p4e5reGtKJA" ti
tle="" target="">Here's
the link and here are some lyrics.

Why can't I see, why can't I see all the colors that you see?
Please can I be, please can I be colorful and free?

I'm black then I'm white, no, something isn't right
My enemy's invisible, I don't know how to fight

And there's more in there, it's just a pretty neat song. But the talk of black/white and wanting to be "colorful" really vibed with me because I have a lot of problems with black and white thinking/sorting.

Yasha

10:05pm Apr 6 2016

Normal User

those lyRICS THO. 

I feel that like hardcore especially the black/white thing omg. Like, the splitting on eveRYTHING is so beyond real. Like not just emotion wise even. I split on every aspect of my being, my gender identity, my orientation, on people, on my diet choices I just wish I could be stable lol

Excelscia

10:37am Apr 23 2016

Normal User

The docs cant make up their minds with my bpd or bipolar or anxiety with a dose of ptsd on the side.
Apparently i complain a lot and or whine and it upsets people. Honestly i feel like i need to vent but no one wants to hear it. I know my life could be worse and so on. But somedays i am just sad and moody. My mind catastrophizes everything which makes me vent more. I just feel like i cant ever have a clear head.
Its so frustrating being me.

Peace

7:43pm May 27 2016

Normal User

I am so freaking frustrated. My sister keeps me asking to do things for her ever since my mom has gone out of town and she won't give me a damn break. My "friends" are total butts. Apparently to one of them I was the one who messed up my last relationship and she said it as a half-joke. It's actually all the other way around. I jist want to he left alone. I'm so frustrated and want to cry all the time,

Peace

7:43pm May 27 2016

Normal User

AnimalsRAwesome

1:20am Aug 4 2016

Normal User

The word "Save Haven" is also used to refer to a horse heaven in Howrse.

\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\nThe FNaF group.\r\n
Go to page: 1