This Town Ain't Big Enough fer the Two of Us (private me unt Pere)

Go to page: 1, 2 Bookmark Thread
Mortal

3:06am Aug 25 2011

Normal User

Lily blinked as Sirius gave her the message and then left as abruptly as he had come. What in Merlin's name was that? Usually Sirius was a wonderful joker, and a brilliant friend, and he'd always stay to chat a bit even if he was in a rush. That was certainly a surprising occurence. Sighing, she finished her conversation with Alice Longbottom and then made her way to the lake, wondering who this person might be. Sirius had mentioned it was a 'he', and she hoped it wasn't James Potter. Merlin, the man was insufferable, and he just wouldn't get the message. She. Was. Not. Interested. 

The lake came into view quickly, and she stopped when she saw only one lonely, familiar figure there. She cast a desperate glance around the lake, looking for anyone, anyone else who might want to speak with her, but the students that had been there earlier were now gone. There was only Severus.  

Damn him. He really wanted to have a conversation. Now? After everything he had said and done to her? She scoffed. Ridiculous. 

Nevertheless, her curiosity resulted in her gradually taking a step forward, then another step, until she was only a few metres away from Severus, who had his nose buried in a Potiosn textbook, as always. His long, shiny black hair was flying around him in the wind, but he took no notice, his mind engrossed entirely in the words in front of him.

"Severus," she called out softly, and the black eyes immediately stopped their furious scanning of the pages. She called again when he didn't look up, and suddenly, black eyes met green. Without knowing it, she had moved closer until she was standing just in front of the sitting boy. Severus blinked.

"Lily."

"Sirius said you wanted to talk?" Straight into business then.

"Yes, I did. Take a seat."

"Is that an order?" An eyebrow raised, and there was a pause.

"Of course not."

"Well, then." And Lily took a seat beside Severus cautiously, not too close to the boy, as if they were only strangers. Severus's eyes clouded in pain. "What did you want to talk about?" 

Sighing and ignoring the mysterious moisture in his eyes, he began to talk. 

reinabella

3:16am Aug 25 2011

Normal User

ooc:// Hurr durr, bump again.

Alliecat is offline. (◕‿◕✿) and also (ノ^ヮ^)ノ*:・゚’✿,。・:*:❀・゚’❁
Mortal

5:41pm Aug 26 2011

Normal User

((Bump. <3))

reinabella

8:25pm Aug 26 2011

Normal User

After an hour or so of head-clearing flight practice Sirius drifted to the earth, feeling as if a weight had been lifted. There was a peace in this. He decidedly didn't mind being indebted to Severus. Really, it was kind or a karma thing. He'd been a bully for years, even though he had mostly been acting on James's urging. Now he was getting his come-uppance, and the universe was being fair. So as he smiled to James and waved good-bye, Sirius felt as if this was the scales balancing themselves.

Besides, he hadn't realized how beautiful black eyes could be.

Shaking off that extremely unnecessary thought Sirius made his way back to the tree, hoping to find at least his book, if not Severus. Either way he would be well occupied until dinner. Who could tell; he might even get a new friend out of this. Little did he know that James followed, since he conveniently forgot to check the Map. Ah, well.

Mortal

8:33pm Aug 26 2011

Normal User

Severus and Lily continued to talk for a long time, and there had been many tears, lots of yelling and a couple of slaps on Lily's part. However, Severus felt it was worth it, because in the end, they had made up and Lily was his best friend once again. Not quite the status he would have given her if it had been his choice (he was thinking more along the lines of girlfriend...) but it was a huge step up from cold glances at veiled insults. 

As Lily was getting up to leave, Severus smiled at her from the ground. He had decided to stay here and read until the sun went down. "I'm glad we made up, Lils."

"So am I," Lily replied softly. She gave him a smile in return, when she turned to find Sirius coming this way. She frowned slightly. What was Sirius doing here? Everyone knew that James and Sirius hated the dark-haired Slytherin. And what was more, he didn't look like he was coming to pick a fight, either. Not moving from Severus' side, she said cautiously to the other boy, "Hey Sirius. What are you doing here?"

reinabella

12:12pm Aug 27 2011

Normal User

Buggerbuggerbugger-

"Oh, hey Lily. I was just here to get my book. I left it here earlier." His gaze flicked to Severus, having lost the pleadin, helpless look it'd had earlier. Now Sirius was just quietly inquisitive, his gray eyes in a gentler mood than they had been in quite some time. Perhaps Severus, in his better mood, would give him something fun to do. 'Like grabbing his tush.' WHAT?! NO! NOT LIKE GRABBING HIS TUSH!

James watched all this with anger and a touch of curiosity.

Mortal

7:07pm Aug 27 2011

Normal User

Severus looked stunned for a moment. Sirius wanted him to give back the book? In plain view of Lily?

That was decidedly strange.

Carefully, Severus retrieved the book from behind him, wordlessly transfiguring the cover to look like a DADA textbook. He didn't know why he did it. Maybe so that he'd still have something to hang over the boy's head. Maybe.

"Here," he said emotionlessly, throwing the book at Sirius. 

reinabella

7:21pm Aug 27 2011

Normal User

For a moment, Sirius almost said, "This isn't my book." Then he caught the book as well as the message. And then he smiled, meeting the blank darkness of Severus's eyes. "Thanks, Severus. See you tomorrow." Shifting his smile into a friendly grin he waved, addressing them over his shoulder as he made to trot away. "Glad you two are friends again, by the way. 'Night!"

As he made his way back to the castle Sirius slipped back into the trance-like state that helped him think, not paying attention to anything. Was Severus being nice, or selfish in having something to keep him as his... slave? Or whatever this was. Sirius kind of hoped it was him being nice, but you could never know. So when James sprung up behind him, Sirius was truly and honestly shocked senseless.

"BLACK! What the hell was that? 'I'm glad you're friends again. By the way, if you two would start dating that would be awesome, because I would love to help stab my best friend in the back. Oh, Severus, mind if I kiss your feet?' You were practically grovelling! I'm surprise you didn't kiss the book when he tossed it at you. i can't believe this." The rage and hurt in James's voice caught Sirius off guard, but then he realized...

"You followed me? So now you don't trust me. That stings, Potter. And what I do is none of your business. Just because we're friends doesn't mean I have to tell you every thought that pops into my head. I'm allowed to keep things to myself. For your information, I do have my own life." He stormed the rest of the way to the common room, past a rather concerned looking Remus and to his bed, where he decidedly fell instantly asleep, ignoring everyone until the next morning, where the tension between he and James could've been cut with a knife. Poor Remus looked in on the scene with worry in his eyes, wondering what could've changed their friendship so quickly.

At breakfast Sirius sat to Remus's right, James to his left, and they did their best to get the animosity across without saying anything to one another. Remus kept silent, though the strain of doing so was awful.

Mortal

8:02pm Aug 27 2011

Normal User

Breakfast the next day amused Severus greatly. After Sirius had left with his 'best wishes' the previous day, Lily had exchanged a look with him and questioned him, but he denied all knowledge. It wasn't a very good start to their renewed relationship, but there were some things that needed to be kept to himself.

Now, the morning after, it seemed Sirius and James had had an altercation, and were now not talking. The werewolf looked miserable, and he kept trying to engage both boys in conversation. His sad attempts failed.

Severus definitely knew a way to stir things up even more.

Getting up, he made his way to the Gryffindor table to Lily, who was sitting near the Marauders.

"Lily, I just wanted to ask if you had a free period this morning? I was thinking we could catch up some more," Severus said smoothly, flicking a lock of black hair from his eyes. 

Lily looked surprised. "Of course, Sev! I'd love to!" She gestured to her food. "Mind if I finish first, though?"

"Of course not," Severus replied, his face breaking into a smile. "You take all the time you want. I'll just sit here, shall I?"

He gave Sirius a look, telling him to shove over so he could sit next to Lily. 

reinabella

8:18pm Aug 27 2011

Normal User

Wow. Someone had no tact. At least Severus's display made James mad. Seeing Potter sulk was like a drug, and Sirius grinned as he scooched to make room on the bench for Severus. From the other side of Remus, James's voice was dripping with disgust. "Careful, Snivelus. You might start drooling, and we wouldn't want that slime messing up our nice table. And you know, Evans, if you could NOT practically hump the weasel's leg in front of all of us, that would be great."

It was too much. Just...

"Oh, what's wrong, Potter? Afraid of losing Lily? Time for a wake-up call. She was never yours. I know it's hard for you to wrap your mind around, but not everyone you smile at is instantly in love with you. On that thread, not everyone who wears green is evil. So if Lily wants to be friends with Severus you should stop being a whiny little prat. What if I decide I want to be friends with Snape? You gonna fight me? Because I think we both know who'd win that." In an act of defiance to both Snape and Potter he put his arm over the Slytherin's shoulders, ignoring the shock clear on everyone's faces. The buddy-buddy gesture was possibly a bit much, but Sirius felt he had to push his point here.

Mortal

8:24pm Aug 27 2011

Normal User

Severus froze when Sirius's arm was slung over his shoulders. Gritting his teeth, he finally managed to grind out, "Black. Kindly remove your arm from my person."

He glared at the other boy, before glaring at everyone else. Then he directed his venomous glower to James Potter. "Do not insult Lily like that! She's worth a thousand more than you!" And he took his wand out, shaking with anger.

Lily's eyes had widened in hurt and betrayal at James's words, but now she also glared at him. She put a calming hand on Severus' arm. 

"Don't," she murmured softly. "He's not worth it."

Severus ignored her.

"Just say another word, Potter," he growled, pointing his wand in the other boy's face, "just say another word." 

reinabella

8:35pm Aug 27 2011

Normal User

With a chuckle and a shrug Sirius complied, eyes flashing with amusement. This was like an early Christmas. There should be a tree somewhere. Maybe someone dressed as Santa. And then Snape had to go and ruin it by getting violent. James sneered, glaring with open disdain as he stood, leaning past Remus and Sirius to get face-to-face with the slimeball.

"Do it. She'll see you for the sad excuse for a human being you are. And if you don't, she'll think you're a spineless wimp. Since both are true, you're good either way."

'Stupid, stupid Potter. Your mouth...'

Sirius tried to get Snape's eyes, shaking his head. James was an as.s, but that was all the more reason to not knock the snot out of him. Regardless he would go on being an as.s, and Snape would be seriously disciplined.

"Lily's right, Snape. He's not worth the trouble."

Mortal

8:47pm Aug 27 2011

Normal User

It wasn't the fact that he thought he might regret cursing Potter after he had done it. It wasn't the fact that the teachers and many students were waiting with held breath to see what he'd do to the messy-haired teenager. It was the fact that Sirius Black, Potter's own best friend, had openly declared the boy not worth the trouble. The shock caused his arm to drop.

"Whatever," Severus muttered. He pocketed his wand and stood up, not retorting to James' provoking insults. He was determiend to show Lily that he was the one that she should choose, not Potter. Although Potter was doing a very good job of ensuring that Lily stayed away from him himself. "I'll meet you near the tree by the lake, Lils?"

Lily nodded silently, her beautiful face crinkled with sadness. Throwing a look at her food, she felt like heaving, all appetite lost. "Actually, I'll go with you now, Sev. I can't stand to be in scum's presence anymore." She turned to Sirius. "Would you like to come?" She felt like she owed him something, after getting Severus to calm down.

Severus sent Sirius a look, wondering what he would say. It didn't cross his mind to forbid him from coming with them.

reinabella

8:55pm Aug 27 2011

Normal User

Choices, choices.

Turning to his right, Sirius saw a Potter stunned silent. Maybe on the verge of tears. On his left, Severus and Lily. The thought of them being alone together didn't make him sick the way he'd thought it would, but... This was not what he'd expected to feel. Not at all.

Not. Bloody. Possible.

But it was. Sirius, when faced with the thought that Snape was attempting to woo Evans, felt an extremely debilifying blow of pure, unadulterated jealousy.

He hid it with what he hoped was an impish grin, turning his back on Potter. Remus reached for him, but he turned and gave his friend an apologetic glance. "See you in class, Remus." 'Hope you don't have to listen to too much of Potter's whining.' The last part went unsaid, but Remus got it, biting his lip. Behind him James shook, his breath rattling softly.

"I think I'll take you up on that, Lily. I should probably get away from here."

Mortal

9:06pm Aug 27 2011

Normal User

Severus sent Sirius a glare, but when Lily turned to him, he exchanged it for a bright smile, as if he didn't care in the least that a third wheel had decided to tag along. Lily smiled. "Let's go, then?"

They began walking towards the doors of the Great Hall, Severus oblivious to Sirius's thoughts. He was more absorbed in the way Lily looked as she walked out into the sunshine, the sun shining brightly onto her red hair, making her look like she glowed. Knowing he probably looked like a fool, staring at her like she was an angel, he quickly wiped his face of emotions.

He wasn't a bloody Gryffindor, after all. 

They made their way to the tree by the lake, and Severus took Lily's bag from her before sitting down and gesturing for her to sit down as well. She plopped herself gracefully down in the grass next to him.

Reluctantly, he looked up at Sirius. "Are you going to stand up there all day, or are you going to take a seat?" 

reinabella

9:15pm Aug 27 2011

Normal User

The way Severus looked at Lily was absolutely crushing. Horrible. It felt as if all that swooning would tear his heart into little tiny pieces. But he could man up... Right?

He was, after all, just a bloody Gryffindor.

She was pretty, smart, sweet, and had the added advantage of having been nice to Severus years before Sirius had ever met him. Obviously Lily had the advantage in that department. And she was female, which might be a boost.

'What are you doing?'

Definitely not planning the battle to win the heart of Severus Snape. Because that would be disgusting and a crime against nature.

'Okay, good.'

Severus's question tugged him out of that ridiculously insane exchange, and the surprise showed in his eyes. "What? Oh, yeah. Sure." He sighed, gathering his thoughts for a second before meeting both of their gazes. "I just... I want to say that I'm sorry. I've been a tool all these years, going along with whatever James wanted to do, even if it was, you know, hurtful. So... I'm sorry. And I'm sorry, Lily, that you had to see that almost-fight. A gentleman doesn't air out his quarrels in front of a lady." At this he turned to Severus, summoning up some of the raw defiance that had only recently been his trademark.

Mortal

1:53am Aug 28 2011

Normal User

Severus only shrugged. "I'm no gentleman," he replied, knowing the comment was directed at him. "And I never pretended I was."

Lily smiled wryly. "Understatement of the year."

"Hey!" Severus said, sounding slightly defensive. "Just because I saw up your skirt that one time when we were kids doesn't mean that I'm completely devoid of manners!"

Lily went red and didn't reply, which made Severus smirk. "It's good reminiscing about our younger years, isn't it, Lils?"

The redhead glared at him, sending an embarrassed look Sirius's way. "You're being a total arse, you know. One would think that you had only regained my friendship just to tease me."

The change in Severus was immediate and astonishing. One minute he had been joking, bordering on snarky, and the next, he had sobered up completely and was looking at Lily seriously.

"That's not true." 

"Damn right it better not be!" Lily replied, laughing, and Severus relaxed again. She had seen how he had tensed up at her playful comment, and had decided to act as if it hadn't happened. "So Sirius, want to hear some of Severus's own embarrassing childhood memories?"

Mortal

6:39pm Sep 2 2011

Normal User

((Bump.))

Go to page: 1, 2