Here's something a lot of you might hate me for. ;c.

Go to page: 1 Bookmark Thread
Graveyardfox

4:14pm Mar 7 2011

Normal User

Alright, well a lot of you might have noticed that the Forest is empty... again.

Now, why'd it get empty this time? The same reason as the first time. Too many pets being take out, not enough pets being put in. It's simple logic that eventually the number will go back down to zero.

This happened when you were only allowed to take three pets out. Who's idea was it to give users a total of 10 tries to get pets, with a possible of 10 pets being taken out of the forest by a single user per day? They only re-created the problem over three times greater.

As soon as pets get put in, they get taken out. Now that the forest is empty, it takes sheer luck to be able to find one pet, let alone a good one.

My suggestion is shut down the forest again for a while, maybe even until V3, and return the explore limit to three, or even one.

Would you rather have the chance of finding one, maybe good pet, or have the forest empty near constantly?

I don't intend to sound snippy. I just don't follow others logic and the Forest was such an interesting and now useless part of Res.

HypnoxSpazz 5evr
dragonita

4:35pm Mar 7 2011

Normal User

I support you on some creppy way.But I dont want to totally shut down the forest because that is also the plase to found the flowers and some eggs.There are some Ezahnis in the forest to and if you shut down the forest they will disapier forever.

Graveyardfox

7:20pm Mar 7 2011

Normal User

I didn't mean shut down the forest like that, sorry. I meant what Pat did a while back, where he closed off the exploration part of it to let it fill back up again.

Also, the forest is completely empty at the moment. Anything that was in there is now in someone's possession.  

HypnoxSpazz 5evr
Patrick

10:02pm Mar 7 2011

Administrator

The forest being empty honestly doesn't bother me. I won't be shutting down the forest just to allow a build up of creatu again.
Graveyardfox

10:10pm Mar 7 2011

Normal User

Any reason why? I found the Forest to be something original to Res. Why wouldn't you want it working like it was intended?

HypnoxSpazz 5evr
Rodendi

10:36pm Mar 7 2011

Normal User

It wouldn't be "working" if it was shut down every other day to let the creatu accumulate again. You have to remember that the forest being empty also means that tons and tons of junk pets have been deleted. It's just that people aren't putting in a whole lot of pets that others want to take from it.

xeeroh

12:48am Mar 8 2011

In Training

"Why wouldn't you want it working like it was intended?"
I believe Patrick means that the forest is currently working as intended.

The Forest is not intended to be a means for players to get more pets everyday(although that is a feature). As HarryPotter points out, the Forest functions as a way to remove unwanted pets from play. It seems to be doing this, so I'd say it's working! The reason the Forest had been shut down was a glitch, not because it was empty (being empty was the glitch).

Perhaps the discussion should be what else players want from the Forest. It's not truly broken, it's just doesn't perform like it used to.

Patrick

2:59am Mar 9 2011

Administrator

As Xeeroh said, the Atqueen Forest is working exactly as intended. The fact that the forest is empty means that unwanted pets have been removed from game play and the ones that were wanted are back in the hands of a player. I have taken a small step to make the forest take longer to empty out, however, there will still likely be times where the Forest is empty.
Go to page: 1