Halloween 2013 Feedback

Go to page: 1 Bookmark Thread
Frank

2:59am Dec 4 2013 (last edited on 12:10am Dec 10 2013)

Normal User

HALLOWEEN 2013

First, we would like to thank everyone who celebrated with us during the Halloween Season here on Rescreatu. Your continued support has inspired to make these events every year and to make sure you get the most out of it.

In line with the aforementioned, we would like to get some feedback from you regarding the whole Halloween experience for this year. We would love to hear your thoughts, may it be positive or negative. And these suggestions and comments shall be put into consideration when planning for our future events. You might want to organize your feedback according to the following.

PLOT
(How was the over-all story line for this year? Was it good? Was it bad?)

XESPA and XORIA QUESTS
(Is the quest difficult to understand? Is it manageable?)

TRICK or TREAT
(Were the mechanics ok? What do you think of the items?)

HALLOWEEN CONTESTS
(Which contests do you think were good? Should we discontinue a contest? What should we add?)

OTHERS (i.e. planet goody bags, NPCs in SB, REs, etc.)
(What do you think of them? Anything new we could add?)

OVERALL
(How was the experience? Did you enjoy it?)

Thank you very much for taking time in answering this survey. We hope to see you again in our future events. By the way, 3 random users who will be commenting on this thread will receive 2 ebilia or jaaku eggs, so place your comments below.

omnoms

3:54am Dec 4 2013

Normal User

PLOT

It was pretty nice, though I feel like the plot point, the most exciting thing
was not quite revealed yet. It felt kind of unfinished when the quest was completed.

XESPA and XORIA QUESTS

The quests were relatively easy to do after you understood how they worked.
The SB did provide quite a few helpful tips when you needed them. x3

TRICK or TREAT

The mechanics worked beautifully. I absolutely loved many of the items;
There were quite a lot of variation and selection though, I had trouble trying
to manage to get them all, along with the ones stocking in the shop.

HALLOWEEN CONTESTS

I loved the contests. //cough
No but seriously, I think they were really interesting and there was pretty much
something for everyone, which was really nice. I liked the variation on the contests~

I kinda still miss the Staff Goody Bags, but I dont know how they would work
with the new system, anyway. Once again I loved how the NPC's changed into 
their halloween outfits, it's a lovely touch for the game for halloween.

OVERALL

Overall I had a really nice Halloween event on Rescreatu. :3 Thank you all
who participated on making it for us!

I hope my feedback was of any help~

Phos

3:57am Dec 4 2013 (last edited on 5:56am Dec 4 2013)

Normal User

PLOT 10/10
Summary;
Aahna who lives in the graveyard starts seeing undeads again.
NPCs start panicking. The sisters are MIA.
Everyone else throws confetti bc undeads are hella rad!
Aahna sends us on a skull stone quest to find a sister.
Then she makes us find the other one too Aahna u lazy butt. I: <<
They give her potions and the undeads simmer down.
They want to prep for next year.

I thought it was a good continuation / in-between!!
Really like how both sisters got trapped by unknown NPC.
It'll be interesting to see how that plays out in the next year(s).
The potion part was a bit sudden like woa apperify potions,
but users got sent on two quests twice so I think we're good.
Plus it's realistic I mean they already figured out how to make it last year
and asking us for help again wouldn't reflect well on their memory. - w-

Maybe they can start preping abnormally early next year?
Or it could be another last minute rush like oHMAN PROCRASTINATION.
Preping early might be cool. Like a chance of undeading our pets when helped?
Like the first year when they were figuring out the potion. o:
Then you guys could do the original plan of releasing undead pets eveyr month.
Maybe a once a day thing. Or once a week.
^EDIT: As in how often you can attempt their quest
Should be a side quest like the everyday NPC quests ( that people rarely do ).
They'll ask for everyday items like last year so no leaderboard would be great.
^EDIT: Or a seperate leaderboard.
Otherwise people will hand in obscene amounts of super healing potions again.

XESPA and XORIA QUESTS 7/10
Keystones;
Would've saved lots of confusion if it was consistent with stone / skull
cause I think a few of us thought they were different items.
Aahna should repeat her original instructions when visited
rather than repeating her good luck message because well
a lot of us didn't read it carefully if at all the first time. U:
The puzzle was cool. A countdown timer would've been helpful.

Sisters' Quests;
Prices in the prize shop were great and not too cheap.
Albino item valuation went down the drain despite costing 3 albino seasonals
worth of points but yea, good effort!! It could've been so much worse.

TRICK or TREAT -NA-
Not much change here.
Maybe have an option to view respal list on the same page for easy access?
Like the list rn shows who's online so... Actually no wait.
How about option to view who's online AND respals.
Then you can just click on them to TOT.
This has no other purpose except for convenience lol.
Oh maybe an option to sort from most in need of TOTs to least in need.
Speaking of that give us a 'lights off' or 'door closed' option for people who
don't want to participate anymore because they reached the prizes
or don't want to participate at all.
^ EDIT: Actually why not start with our doors closed,
then we have to manually turn them on before people can ToT us?

HALLOWEEN CONTESTS 4/10
Not a fan of the current voting /winning system. Too many options to vote in.
I don't know how it's calculated. Averaged? Total? Either ways it can be better!!
The thumbnails are also really tiny and stretch some entries.
Can it be simplified to vote up / vote down?
Or just vote up because vote down is uh.. yea. I:
Ofc you don't tell the voter who's up there and who's not.
^EDIT: Hold voting AFTER submissions are closed

So you let the users do that and the highest one will be 'User's Favourite'?
Then staff can do a vote themselves too for like 'Staff Favourite' incase
there's some srs bias within the userbase.
Everything else like 'Most Creative' or 'Most Intricate' can be reduced to comments when listing honorable mentions.

Voting for these qualities can be little options next to the up button.
So you can vote it up and also list it for one ( or all? All might problematic )
of the options. eg. I like this and it's got so much detail!! Vote up + tick detail.
Or eg. I like this but it's got a quality that isn't listed Vote up only.
Lastly eg. I don't like this even if it is creative... No vote, no ticks.

The pumpkin contest is losing steam we barely got any entries this round?
Like half of those entries won or that's how it seemed anyways. xD
Do a poll 1 week before asking which contests we will tentatively enter.
If there's extremely low response for any option, don't hold a contest for it.
Could add in new contest ideas there too to test the waters.

OTHERS 10/10
BEAUTIFUL ARTS A LOT OF BEAUTIFUL ARTS BLESS THE ARTISTS
The skulls and bags and masks and PAPs everything are fabb 8D
Glad to see the NPCs back. Missed Kir and his Hmmms lol.
Don't know about the REs since I didn't get any.
Minus 5 points because Aahna didn't turn Dean into a mermaid. ;(
It would've been cool if the skulls were wearable! The quest ones.

OVERALL 7.75/10
Not bad at all. :D

Dogzdream

8:55am Dec 4 2013

Normal User

PLOT
i thort the plot was good =3

XESPA and XORIA QUESTS
i think there should have been some instructions on how to do it as people didnt understand

TRICK or TREAT
i liked the trick or treat items =3 but i didnt like that there was only 2 gifts for getting lots of trick or treats

HALLOWEEN CONTESTS
i enjoyed the halloween contests and i enjoyed participating but i felt like it wasnt fair as i thing people with more friends got better votes

i was very happy with my goodie bags =3 and i like the masks inside them

OVERALL
i think it was a great halloween event but it began very suddenly and ended very quickly and i found that no one had enough time to do anything especially as some people have school and work so that made it hard for them to particicpate

love-me-photo">
RainofStars

9:05am Dec 4 2013 (last edited on 9:48am Dec 4 2013)

Normal User

PLOT
I liked it a lot, but who trapped the sisters? I agree it felt "unfinished".

XESPA and XORIA QUESTS
It was manageable. I was a little stumped at first, then the steps seemed so obvious after I figured them out. I was able to figure it all out myself though, so I was happy about that.

TRICK or TREAT
Yep, no problems. I liked the items ok. I would love to see more books, especially recipe books combining the TOT items, because they can become so plentiful. The new squishies were cool. LOVE the random Undead effects. Didn't there used to be a way to turn in ToT items and get points for other prizes? What happened to that?

HALLOWEEN CONTESTS
I like the carving contest best, but I thought the others were fun too. I didn't have time to participate in any this year but I would have liked to. Maybe have them start a bit earlier next year?

I'll admit, I didn't vote much because I found it too time consuming.

I also think the categories are kind of redundant/overlapping. (For example, quality and color useage is too similar to me to make a real distinction). I also don't feel most people understand what "originality of media" means, especially in the coloring contest. To me, it means using unconventional things like feathers/beads/coins, etc (Am I mistaken? I need a better definition).

Rather, I would like to see the contests (especially the coloring contest) categorized by TYPE of media (Traditional (crayon, marker, colored pencil), Computer-generated (self explanatory), Unconventional (colored sand, tiles, glitter, macaroni, etc), and Mixed Media (a combination of two or more of the above). Contestants can enter their art into one of the categories, and the entries will be judged within that category. In the current system, I feel like anyone who colors via a computer program is automatically going to be ranked higher than traditional media. I also agree on having the Staff Favorite/User Favorite suggestion one of the above users posted.

I would love if the planet goody bags were available for at least 8 days, so I could collect one set to open and one set to keep intact. I don't use the SB much, so I didn't even notice the NPCs there.

OVERALL
Fun as always!
InfernoFire

3:42am Dec 5 2013

Normal User

PLOT
It was too short and needed more stuff but I liked it.

XESPA and XORIA QUESTS
It was fun and I was one of the first to find Xoria :)

TRICK or TREAT
I wish there was some clothes involved, well more clothes

HALLOWEEN CONTESTS
I think there should be a halloween creatu story writing contest :)

I think we could go treat and tricking with the NPCs, that would be fun

OVERALL
I enjoyed it

Rin

6:52pm Dec 6 2013

Normal User

Trick or threat

GODL1KESME has given you a treat! You have received a Red Swirl Edged Robes.

HOW IS THAT HALLOWEENY?

Honeybee

6:57pm Dec 6 2013

Normal User

PLOT
What we had was interesting but it was so clearly unfinished that we might as well not have had a plot at all. You found the sisters and then there was nothing more--no explanation on who had trapped them, no clues or hints, just access to their shop.

XESPA and XORIA QUESTS
Oh my god I could not stand the Xespa/Xoria Quests this year--if you mean to get access to the quests themselves. The skull puzzle was a gigantic mess that personally infuriated me for the better part of the day. When I found out I had to finish another puzzle for the other sister I honestly gave up caring. 

TRICK or TREAT
Do not change Trick or Treat. What ain't broke don't need fixin'.

HALLOWEEN CONTESTS
The halloween contests are fine as they are. They fit the event and it works.

NPCs in the SB are my favorite part of the holidays. But when you've missed part of a SB plot it's extremely confusing, so maybe put up screenshots in an update for those that missed it? 

OVERALL
6/10. It had some major flaws--the foremost being it never got finished--but it was still Halloween in  essence.

my name's russ and i only care about uldavi and cute men
Thowra

6:57pm Dec 6 2013 (last edited on 6:58pm Dec 6 2013)

Normal User

PLOT
It was an interesting plot, and left me wondering who imprisoned both sisters (I'm looking at you Malcom) but I also wish a little..more happened. The skull/search thing didn't take very long to complete once you figured it out, and only a few people got prizes. It would be nice if everyone participated got some little item - aside from those skulls XD

XESPA and XORIA QUESTS
Well it's the same every year...so it was alright.

TRICK or TREAT
I prefered the option to also ToT with NPCs. 15min per ToT was a too rapid for my liking as I can only spend so much time on Res a day. It would've been nice if it was half an hour :)

HALLOWEEN CONTESTS
The contests were great! I just wished we were told what the prizes were beforehand lol so I could've gotten that mutant ardur squishy XD

Awesome too :)

OVERALL
I've said it before and I'll say it again - I absolutely hate seasonal egg hunts. It's very boring to just sit there and constantly refresh a page for holiday eggs, not to mention a massive waste of time. For this reason I rarely participate in the hunts, finishing usually with around 10-20 per hunt. Seriously, if anyone really spends 5+ hours a day in front of the computer refreshing it leads me to wonder what they do with their life.
What I'd like is either for the eggs to be bought for a reasonable price from some NPC, with limits to how many every player could get a day to make it more fair, or picked up as a daily freebie like the advent calendar.
Aside from that, great event! ^^

thehippi

7:30pm Dec 6 2013

Normal User

PLOT
plot was good this year, but just seemed to just end weird, like last year there was the final shop to turn other things in for the curse of the undead and all.

XESPA and XORIA QUESTS

i thought this years opener to the quests was cool where you had to find the skulls to unlock which sister you wanted to fight with. Something like this should be permanently added as it helps to add depth to the quests other than just walking into either of the quests and just giving eggs and pets.

TRICK or TREAT
i like the trick or treating with other players it is fun. and the items given are cool.

HALLOWEEN CONTESTS
contests are always cool, i would not take any of them away, but maybe add something for us none artistic folks who dont draw so well, or write stories.

i like the planet goody bags and the items they do give out. It would have been nice to have been able to trick or treat with the Npc shop owners again in each shop, i feel this should be reinstated and the shop owners have there own unique set of items that you can get from them, different from what you would get from TOT'ing between players. 

OVERALL
Overall it was fun

"I Touched Her Thigh And Death Smiled"

Loki

2:22am Dec 11 2013

Normal User

PLOT
I really liked the plot this year, although it wasn't as full-on as 2012. I thought it was eerie and excellent for the time of year. I'm looking forward to next year as we may find out who is messing around with the undead magic.

XESPA and XORIA QUESTS
This year the quest was really difficult, I had a terrible time trying to figure out what I was doing and where I should go. I found the hints quite vague and it was a bit disappointing as previous quests had been easier and far more enjoyable to undertake.

TRICK or TREAT
Trick or Treat was awesome fun this year, I hate waiting that 15 minutes but the prizes were well worth it, cannot wait to find out what you'll throw at us next year.

HALLOWEEN CONTESTS
The Mask Contest and Carving Contests were my favourites. I loved seeing the creativity of the users and I definitely hope we have these two again next year.
The Colouring and Caption contests were okay, but I think they could be improved slightly. Though I don't know how. Again, I would like to see them again next year :)

This years goody bags were great :D wearable items are always so much fun and it was good to see other users dressing up and being creative with their HA. Please give us more wearables next year :D
I didn't see much of any NPCs this year, and I'd hoped that we could interact with the Shop NPCs again for Trick or Treat. 
As for anything in the shoutbox, I don't remember anything like that? but that is a cool idea nonetheless.

OVERALL
Despite the quest being difficult, I really enjoyed this year and cannot wait for the next part of the Halloween story to be unveiled next year. Thank you for throwing such a big event!

Zen

2:25am Dec 11 2013

Artist

PLOT

I thought it was very good, though I think it felt unfinished too.

ill probably forget about it by next year (darn you memory)

when it will hopefully come to some kind of conclusion. 

XESPA and XORIA QUESTS

I thought the opening with the skulls was excellent, wish it was different for each sister though.

Also found being told to go back to Aahna very unhelpful as it still left me with no clue what I was doing, maybe I was being exceptionally derpy.

TRICK or TREAT

I always enjoy ToTing and the items were good! Still holding out for a toilet roll launcher xD

Missed ToTing with NPCs, also this gives new users who might be too shy to ToT with some one else a chance to get some stuff and join in.

HALLOWEEN CONTESTS

Brilliant as always, but I agree we should leave voting till the contests are closed

Yay good bags!

Didn't see any NPCs in the Sb this year, i missed it, would have been a good way to givehints for the skulls too

OVERALL

I enjoyed it :D

bttfpuppy

10:45pm Dec 21 2013 (last edited on 5:50pm Jan 8 2014)

Normal User

PLOT: Very well made I'd say.
XESPA AND XORIA QUESTS: I never got to complete it, but the story-line of it was neat
TRICK OR TREAT: Love the items, and I normally wear them all, except now i'm dressing for resmas, and the mechanics of the whole event were great!
HALLOWEEN CONTESTS: Fantabulous

OTHERS(i.e: planet goody bags, NPCs in SB, REs, etc.)
I love  the Goody Bags, the masks were cool. The NPC's were epc, and I don't know what SB and REs mean...

OVERALL:  Although I couldn't complete the quest, I found the rest of the Halloween event very fun and slightly exhilarating.

Twilight

10:46pm Dec 21 2013

Normal User

PLOT
Over-all story was pretty interesting, but I think the conclusion shoud have left some sort of hint of who captured the twins.

XESPA and XORIA QUESTS
Difficult to understand at first, but when another user explained it to me I got it. The skull placement was pretty hard, but eventually was done.

TRICK or TREAT
I liked this concept a lot. I just think there should have been a little more items to obtain, I got a lot of repeated tricks/tricks.

HALLOWEEN CONTESTS
I didn't participate in any contests this year, but they looked pretty cool to see all the winners creative work on the updates.

I think we should have been able to get some of those costumes to wear because they were so cool, I liked the gothic cheerleader and the bakery's dudes custome the best. And planet goody bags should have differant creatu wearables as well, like jewelery or tops.

OVERALL
It was a fun event to be apart of. I think releasing old items from past years for the quests was pretty exciting.

crowflux

4:09pm Oct 7 2014

Administrator

Hello, fellow Ressies! 
As you know, the event is near! I will be watching the thread closely. 
Any further observations, ideas or suggestions posted here would be greatly appreciated! :>

Dogzdream

5:45pm Oct 7 2014

Normal User

hi crowflux =3 I was thinking something along the lines of haunted cteatu eggs,they would have like a strange glow to them and if U use it on a creatu it could trick or treat the creatu and it could maybe steal all its hunger or give your creatu an extra intelligent or something

love-me-photo">
crowflux

5:03am Oct 8 2014

Administrator

Heya Dogz~ Thanks for your input, I think that's a really neat idea to have haunted eggs that can affect you in some way! :> 

Putting this poll out there: What type of contests are you looking forward to participating in this year? 

What I have listed is...
- Human Avatar Costume Contest
- Caption Contest
- Coloring Contest
- Pumpkin Carving Contest
- Mask Contest

Zen

11:58am Oct 8 2014

Artist

All of them xD

(If I can)

Dogzdream

1:41pm Oct 8 2014

Normal User

I agree, I would love to enter all those contests

love-me-photo">
Excelscia

4:06pm Oct 8 2014

Normal User

PLOT
it was alright. It felt a little overwhelming in certain parts to follow. 

XESPA and XORIA QUESTS
thequests were easy for me. the mask part was a bit confusing. I needed help from SB to do it. 

TRICK or TREAT
Loved the trick or treat items. especially the wearable ones.  Would love to have more of those. 

HALLOWEEN CONTESTS
The Contests were great. Loved them

They were fun.  I always reccommend wearables. The more we have the more variety to dress up. personally more drachid, ebilia, and jaaku items are most appreciated. (hint: drachid)

OVERALL
loved it so much. My favorite event of the year. 

Go to page: 1