You've got to be different, just like everyone else.

Go to page: 1 Bookmark Thread
NightmareDream

12:40pm Aug 14 2010 (last edited on 1:43pm Aug 15 2010)

Normal User

It’s a song, people

So it’s rhythm may seem off {it fits with the music, though ^^} And yes, I did write it. 

In order to be famous you have to do it their way

Think what they think and say what they say

In order to be accepted you have to go with the flow

They tell you to be different although

You have to buy the things they sell—

You have to be different, just like everyone else

To me, it seems like this is the world’s message {most of the time} to me

Constantly, adds everywhere want you to buy the newest things out there, whether it’s philosophies {follow your dreams!!!}, clothes {get this and you’ll look awesome~ Cheap, too!}… And everybody, at the same time, is constantly saying “Be different, be yourself!” But it’s somehow impossible to do so when the same people who tell you to be different want you to buy their ideas and stuff. I know, I’m just rambling now.

In order to be famous you have to do it their way. You do. You have to say what people want to hear, whether it’s bashing the current leader of your country or singing a song about love, sex, and drugs. Come on, people. Or you have to make your voice synthesized cause’ that’s what’s popular now.

You can’t do anything because you’re so wrapped by all of these “rules”. Rules that people don’t ever say are rules, but everybody knows them. Break out of those, and you’re weird. Not just “different”.

It’s so infuriating. I wish that our culture would just stop contradicting itself and actually agree with what it’s saying. Be different, be yourself. 

NightmareDream

9:06pm Aug 15 2010

Normal User

Bump. ^_^

NightmareDream

8:42pm Aug 21 2010

Normal User

Bump. e.e

Go to page: 1