Writer's Block: An analytical study on what it is/How to avoid it.

Go to page: 1 Bookmark Thread
Honeybee

4:39pm Nov 21 2010

Normal User

HEY.
I heard you have Writer's Block.

So, what IS writer's block?

WRITER'S BLOCK: (Rye-Teresa's Blawk)
A mental affliction in which you believe a) you cannot write b) you don't want to write, c)  you can't think of anything TO write, or d) you're just lame and have no imagination.

^O^ AWESOMESBMADDIVIDER ^O^

So, how do you avoid writer's block? Well, here's the truth.
You can't. EVER. No single person has so much imagination that you never get Writer's Block. Unless you're Geonightrose, who is simply amazing.

HOWEVER. THere are several ways to CURE writer's block.

^O^ MOARSBMADDIVIDERS ^O^

Cure one
_
Do a QW. QW stands for QUICK WRITE.
A quick write is a time when you feel free to make a scene of anything you want with NO forethought of what will happen. You basically write about anything that you think will make a plot within a 10 minute time limit. (oya I rhyme. /poet)
YOU DO NOT CRITICIZE/REVISE QUICK WRITES.
EVER.
 QW's should be free of criticism. Nor should you revise them. 

Cure two.
_
Write constantly. I'm sorry, there's no other way, but I guarantee you always have something to write about, even though you think it may not be good. Which leads back to Cure One. I recommend keeping a journal with you AT ALL TIMES and fill it with nothing but Quick Writes. do at least one a day.

Cure three.
_
Talk to the Writer's Block. Treat it like the scummy little wart it is. I know it sounds ridiculous, but call it every name under the sun you can. Then go on to insult it's family, it's hobbies (which include being annoying, blocking others, and preventing masterpieces) and then try to empathize with it. Dig deep to truly understand how the Writer's Block feels. Trust me, this leads to Cure FOUR.

Cure Four.
_
Write about how the Writer's Block feels. I'm not kidding. Write how the Writer's Block feels priviledged to block someone's creativity such as yours, or how it regrets it's job and wishes it could be the Idea Fairy,flitting around through magnetic fields generated by brain waves.

SBMADDIVIDER.

Thanks so much for reading. I hope this helps. <3

my name's russ and i only care about uldavi and cute men
WolfieBelle

6:31pm Nov 23 2010

Normal User

Cure three and four made me laugh, but they're worth a try.

Love is all we need~

Honeybee

3:40pm Nov 25 2010

Normal User

Trust me, it really does help to write about Writer's Block from it's point of view. And it's astonishingly fun, too. A little break from the ordinary. :P

innagong

7:29pm Nov 25 2010

Normal User

Once upon a time there was a very very fat pig and then he exploded. o__o

You know, that sentence didn't help my writer's block one bit. ;c

Flashbacks, warm nights,
Almost left behind.
Suitcases of memories,
Time after time.

ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
WolfieBelle

8:41pm Nov 25 2010

Normal User

Lolz, Inna. Your randomness made me laugh.

Love is all we need~

saryapink

3:11pm Nov 26 2010

Normal User

plz join my rps and can u snd me itms nd mony and pets. i aso will trad a berok egg 4 a albino iluvu. thnx.

..... That didn't help my writers block. D:<  Inna and I should shun you. ;c

Don't read my sig. I said, don't read my sig. You're still reading it, aren't you? .......... STOP READING IT. D:<
Honeybee

3:53pm Nov 26 2010

Normal User

Inna. >;c

Twintkitty

3:28am Dec 3 2010

Normal User

n o i laik puppyz!!!11!!! n i laik munniz!!11!! n ina iz funiii!!!111!!!! n i laik pi!!!! i mak cens!!

That helped my writer's block. A lot l'D

Kuragari389

11:30am Dec 4 2010

Normal User

I may have to try these tips XD I go through really long periods of Writer's Block and then  hit a couple of weeks where writing is all I do, and then back to the Block. It's frustrating!
innagong

2:46pm Dec 7 2010

Normal User

Ew, how come Sar is so fanatical about me that she's even starting to plagiarize me? >;c

Flashbacks, warm nights,
Almost left behind.
Suitcases of memories,
Time after time.

ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
fullmoon

10:48pm Dec 10 2010

Normal User

Robinpaw grabbed a mouse, which had randomly walked up to her, and she started crunching it. "Oh, this tastes good...." She sighed, relishing its taste. Waterpaw, her friend came over. "Could I have a bite of that mouse?" He asked eagerly. "No way, get ur own mouse!" Robinpaw said, crossing her eyes, annoyed. "Sheesh, be that way!" Mumbled Waterpaw under his breath.

50 15 MOONS LATER............

Waterripple nervously shifted his paws. "Robinwing?" He managed to croak. "Yes?" Robinwing asked. "what?" Wterripple quickly said, "Will you be my mate?" Robinwing shook her head. "Nope, sorry. You asked for some of MY mouse, therfor you can't mate with me."

902  3 MOONS LATER......

"Whitenose, will you be my mate?" Whitenose giggled. "YES! Of course, Waterripple!"

1 MOON LATER........

"Whitenose was murdered! Oh no!" Waterripple sobbed. Then he had a thought. "Robinwing, will you be my mate?" Robinwing giggled. "Of course!"

And they lived happily ever after.............. Maybe....?

saryapink

3:31pm Dec 12 2010

Normal User

Inna, so that you could post something that is so false. 8D  Or at least the part where I'm fanatical about you. ;c

Don't read my sig. I said, don't read my sig. You're still reading it, aren't you? .......... STOP READING IT. D:<
NightmareDream

12:02am Dec 18 2010

Normal User

You know, I actually have written about Writer's Block before. It worked. xD It was a very enjoyable experience actually... 

Speaking of which, I had to turn in a flash fiction story by midnight (Eastern Time) for the Fictional Writing cl*censored* I'm in. Heh. I started writing at 10:30 or so. I ran into so many walls and eventually I did that "quick write" thing and it turned into something and I just morphed into a flash fiction story and ended up turning it in on time. |D

So yeah, all the ideas you posted work for me. xD  

Go to page: 1