Why I don't write things.

Go to page: 1 Bookmark Thread
kraine

12:42am Jan 9 2011

Normal User

One day I was hang gliding. It was a beautiful evening on Scria, and the thermals were popping and the clouds were lined with gold. However, before I knew it, a wizened old Aerix flew alongside me and told me this grim tale.

-----

"It was long ago when my mate and I laid our first clutch of eggs. My mate is a beautiful black Aerix, not white and deformed as I am. But we knew our babies would be special. Beautiful.

"The eggs were flawless, painted like the bark of those things worldly creatu call "trees," and streaked with white like our own feathers. We nurtured them every day, keeping them wrapped in the warmest of clouds and sitting on them for hours.

"Then came the first screech in the night. The screech of an Aerix is unique, you see, because it only means one thing: Zorn. Disaster."

As he said this, he paused, and I realized that the light of Reiflem was leaving the horizon.

"We couldn't leave our eggs. We stayed with them until the morning, when rumor spread that someone's eggs were crushed. My mate and I exchanged a scared glance. Who could do such a thing?

"It wasn't long before it started happening more. In the night, a sleeping Aerix's eggs would be crushed. But the strange thing is, one was always missing. All the eggs would be crushed and one would be stolen."

"Ah," he raised his chin and looked down at me as we flew in the darkness, "you see it now. They came for our eggs, too. They came to make our species rare; to crush all but the one egg they gathered to sell on other planets. You see, Aerix are not rare. We used to be a populated species. But we were chosen to be the ob
ject of genocide. All in the name of tu."

"But don't worry, dear human, because our eggs are safe. We defended them because we expected the poachers to come. And they have all hatched and grown. In fact, the Aerix that you care for is one of our children. Tell Hazelnut his dad says hello."

He began to bank away. "BUT REMEMBER," he added in a booming voice. "Before you buy CS eggs, always remember my story."

Guilt trip much?

Honeybee

11:12am Jan 9 2011

Normal User

...Zorn.

my name's russ and i only care about uldavi and cute men
kraine

12:18am Jan 10 2011

Normal User

Oh, zorn indeed.

Go to page: 1