Why Can't I See You Smile Anymore?

Go to page: 1 Bookmark Thread
fawn

6:36pm Jan 28 2012

Normal User

As fast as time travels here, that's how fast she was gone. I was living a terrible nightmare, and nothing could ease the pain. Not even seeing her in my dreams could make me smile. I droned through my life, the exciting things simply whisking away from me, like her smile. Her beautiful, wonderful smile that I couldn't ever see again. Everything reminded me of her caring, loving gaze that could take me far away from here. But now I was grounded. Would I ever find love again? I didn't know. It didn't matter anyway, because I knew somewhere in my heart that they would leave me again. Either that, or I'd see the opportunity to find love and lose it. Lose it like her. If I could say only three more words to her, only three, I'd say "I love you". The thing I never had the courage to say when she was here. I woke every morning, glancing around for her face. But the only thing I ever saw was the ghost of her, drifting around in my mind, staying there until I can actually see her. But I never will again. I can only remember what she said before she left me, alone. "I love you." And, now, I know something. I love her too.

I didn't write this about anyone particular. I just...felt like writing. If you've felt this or are feeling this, you will find love again. I promise.

Go to page: 1