Nightmare's Compositions~

Go to page: 1 Bookmark Thread
NightmareDream

1:13pm Apr 14 2010 (last edited on 1:23pm Apr 14 2010)

Normal User

Hello and welcome to this little place. I'm going to fill this thread with some of my random compositions (maybe some are stupid). And maybe some really are way out there. Or the random start of a fantasy novel that will never get published. You may read them, comment, and critique if you like. ^^

Oh yeah.. This thread was inspired by Staryulynn's thread, My little papers~ And you should so visit it. ^^

Also. I write a lot, so if you want me to write something for you I will gladly do so for 100k or cheaper. :3 Just ask me. But it's okay if you don't want me to write something for you either. It's just I have no artistic talent whatsoever... And most of my talent lies in musical-related-stuff... But I figured out that omigosh I can write xD So.. Yeah...

NightmareDream

1:31pm Apr 14 2010 (last edited on 1:31pm Apr 14 2010)

Normal User

Here's a rather long composition. You don't need to read it all. I have it posted on the forums, actually. It's called Faerie Tale.

Faerie Tale

Prologue

There was a split second when she remembered what the land used to look like. It had been much prettier then, with large, mysterious trees and sparkling lakes and soft gr*censored*… Ah, but soon she snapped back into reality. Now everything was darker, much darker. Now a good portion of the land was barren and cold. It even seemed less colourful… There were no birds. The only sound was the whistling and howling of the wind. Why had it changed? Because of them.

The sun was setting, spreading its dying rays upon the once happy land. Her red cloak looked as though it were woven with fire in the light.

She stood in the middle of a vast, flat field. She held a sword, and a wolf stood, growling, by her side. Behind her back was nothing but gr*censored*. In front of her was quite a large group of wicked, writhing, dark contorted humanoid shapes made of shadow. All of the shadow’s right arms were more like swords. They ended in a point and though made of shadow were sharp. They advanced on her, but she did not move. Wherever they stepped the gr*censored* seemed to droop and the sun’s dying rays seemed to reach the ground less there…

“For Minae,” she whispered. She charged, her tattered red cloak flapping in the wind. She fought, twirling around, her sword a weapon of destruction. Yet she fought so gracefully that one might have thought she was dancing. à possibly change to: She fought with much grace… Or something along those lines. There were fifty of them and one of her, she knew. Little Red Riding Hood might be no more after tonight. Yet she was not afraid. If I kill just one Nightmare tonight, my death will have meant everything.

Adrenaline rushed through her veins. She laughed, the sound carrying everywhere in this now wretched place, hanging in the air before disappearing.  She laughed in the face of death. Strange, how she felt so alive tonight, so exhilarated. She fought deeper into the crowd of Nightmares, her wolf fighting loyally with her. Finally, she felt her arms grow tired and saw that now she was surrounded completely by her enemies. With her final burst of energy, she lifted her sword up high and brought it down upon one of the bigger Nightmares. The thing slowly faded into the quickly leaving day. The sun was but a pink line in the horizon now. The stars were just coming out. She looked to the beautiful sky. Ah, how she would miss it.

The Nightmares sensed weakness. She knew it was futile to fight now, though she continued. Sweat rolled down her face in the effort to keep fighting. Her lips were curved upward into a happy smile… She was suddenly struck down by one of them and fell to the ground. Dust got into her mouth. She spat the dust out and coughed up blood. ..

She tried to get up but couldn’t. The Nightmares weren’t attacking her. Her wolf was guarding her, not letting them touch her. She lifted her hand and touched the soft fur of her loyal pet. Her final request.

“Live. Save yourself,” she said, her voice a whisper. The Wolf understood. It ran far away, leaving its master behind.

When the moon hung high in the sky, only a girl in a tattered red cloak lay alone in the field.

Chapter 1

Well, part of chapter 1. Dx And yes, it is rough and rushed, etc. Forgive me. ;3 But I have to write my thoughts down however messy. And I can’t leave you guys on a cliff hanger forever. xD

A teenage boy in a dusty black cloak traveled along the dirt road. Before it had been a busy road. Now it was hardly ever traveled upon. The boy’s hair was black, thick, and unkempt. His eyes were a sharp, yellow colour. Yet his eyes seemed far away. Finally the dirt road led to a building. It was a large building made of logs, giving it a welcoming feel. In the road right in front of the building was a sign that read “Grimm’s End”. The boy’s eyes snapped back to reality then. He gasped and staggered a bit. He then regained his balance and hurried into the building.

The wooden door opened with a creaking sound; the hinges were rusty and hadn’t been attended to in a while. The boy was welcomed with a burst of warmth as he entered the homey place. The building was one large room made into a bar, it seemed, and in the left corner there were stairs that led to the upper part of the building. The floors were wooden. To the far right there was a roaring fire in the fireplace. There were tables and chairs all around. Everything was empty. On the wall facing him there was a counter. Standing behind the counter was a beautiful young girl.

The girl had deep, violet coloured eyes. Her skin was fair, her figure curvy… Her hair was the thing that was different. It was long, straight, and silky. It fell all the way to her hips. And it was red, redder than the petals of a rose, as red as fresh blood…

When the girl caught sight of the boy she motioned to the stools at the counter so he could sit down.

“Welcome to Grimm’s End, inn and bar…” she trailed off as the strange boy sat down wordlessly at a stool. “Do you want anything?” she offered. The boy was silent for a moment.

“Water.” His voice was husky, yet the voice of a boy no older than thirteen. The girl nodded and got a gl*censored* of iced water in a gl*censored*. The boy took it and drank deeply. He didn’t stop drinking until the gl*censored* was dry.

“You know,” the girl said, “we don’t get many people nowadays.” The boy merely stared at her. She sighed.

“Okay. I’ll get to the point. Why are you here, and who are you?” she asked. Her once kind, maid-like tone was replaced with a harsher voice. The boy was silent for a moment, then spoke.

“Wolf,” the boy answered softly.

[continuation. Still rough, rushed, etc. I will edit everything sooner or later. D; ]

The girl smiled.

“Nice to meet you, then. My name’s Rose Red,” she said, then turned around and got to work cleaning things and putting things away. Wolf stared at beautiful Rose Red with his sharp yellow eyes. He was feeling a terrible pain in his chest that hurt worse than white hot knives. It was complete and utter grief. Nothing but sadness.  

“Give me a shot of whatever you have, so long as its strong.” The door had just burst open. A girl had barged in; she had hair with far more luster and beauty than Rose Red for sure. Her hair was perfect and golden. It fell down to her shoulders in waves. Her short cotton blue dress fell to her mid thigh; it fit her pronounced curves wondrously. A black belt which held a gun on it hung on her hips loosely. A red ribbon was tied around her fair and slender neck. Rose Red looked up from her work. When she saw who it was that had so suddenly walked in the door she chuckled.

“Nice to see you here so soon, Goldilocks,” she said happily as she placed a small gl*censored* full of a strong drink. “How many did you get?” Goldilocks drank the liquid that was in the gl*censored* in one swallow, then set it down again with a soft clack.

“I took down about five of them,” she said, then peered down at her empty gl*censored*. “What was that, Rose?” Rose Red smiled somewhat evilly.

“Ah, it was a shot of vodka… I thought you’d like it,” she answered. Goldilocks laughed softly for a moment; then her smile faded and she looked Rose in the eye.

“You know,” she began, twirling her empty gl*censored* around, “you should close down this place and help out. Minae could use your skills, Rose.” Rose shook her head.

“I knew you would ask. But I won’t. It’s as simple as that,” she said with a hint of bitterness in her voice. Goldilocks’ face contorted into one of anger. Her voice, however, remained calm.

“You’re just going to keep on running this place while Minae is destroyed by the Nightmares. Don’t waste your talents. Fight.” Rose turned her back away and began cleaning again.

“I can’t. Not when everybody is out there dying. We’re fighting a losing battle. I’d rather stay away from all the loss,” she said softly. It was then that Wolf spoke up, surprising both of the girls. He had been sitting and remaining silent. They had both forgotten he was there.

“You can’t give up,” he said. “Not yet. My master knew that. She fought… to the very end. And now I will continue to fight for her and for Minae…” Goldilocks now looked at this mysterious stranger with interest.

“You master?” she questioned. Wolf nodded.

“She’s fairly well known. Her true name isn’t known by anybody; most know her as Little Red Riding Hood.” At this, Rose and Goldilocks exchanged confused and shocked glances.

“What happened?” Goldilocks demanded, her usual calm voice gone. Wolf looked up and locked eyes with her.

“She’s dead,” he answered, his voice barely a whisper.

[Continuation of Chapter 1 still rough and rushed. D; -can’t. stop. Writing.-]

Rose clutched the bar counter.

“She’s dead?” she asked again, in a state of disbelief. Wolf nodded.

“I’m her wolf. I stood by her. She was fighting a large group of Nightmares—fifteen of them or twenty—and they brought her down. She told me to run. I left her there to die,” he muttered. Goldilocks looked solemn.

“But you don’t know that’s she dead for sure,” she muttered. She stood up abruptly and fingered her gun with her right hand. “I’m going. I need to find her… If she’s dead I’ll bury her.”

NightmareDream

1:38pm Apr 14 2010 (last edited on 1:39pm Apr 14 2010)

Normal User

Here's a poem I wrote in the course of 15 minutes. Rhyming has never been my strong point. Here it is anyway. ^^

I'm sorry to say the forum messed the post up a bit, but it's still readable. :)

Instruments

The piano is made for creating music
Its ivory keys not meant to remain un-played
The piano is something important and beautiful
It’s not meant to be disregarded and glory never displayed

The violin is made for creating music

Its strings not to be maimed or broken

The violin is the perfect picture of grace
Its slender body not destroyed with its beauty unspoken 

The trumpet is made for creating music

Its sleek, shiny metal not to remain unpolished

The trumpet is meant as a symbol of joy

Its shining music not to be demolished 

The flute is made for creating music
Its magnificence never to be abused
The flute’s music is soft, light, and happy
It’s not supposed to go un-used

Music is made to create happiness
Its instruments not meant to go un-played
Music is describing things words can’t
It should never not be enjoyed from day to day

NightmareDream

3:37pm Apr 18 2010 (last edited on 3:51pm Apr 18 2010)

Normal User

Improv

I'm going to write randomly on whatever topic comes to mind first. Because I feel like writing. Feel free to comment, kay'?

Red Ribbon

Red, red ribbon is my ultimate desire

The red, red colour, the coals in the fire

The crimson water, the fresh, fresh blood

This colour is my one true love

Falling in love will never happen;

I've never seen anything prettier than red ribbon

Hopelessly, hopelessy entangled in these chains

Made of red, red ribbon to which my heart is enslaved

Red, red ribbon, better than saphire sky

Red, red ribbon tastes like rich, red wine

Red, red ribbon better than white, white lace

The crimson colour does stane white's face

Red, red ribbon I can't escape your chains

Even if try, I'll always fail again

The crimson water, the fresh, fresh blood

This one colour, my one true love

Yeah, yeah, very random. O.O

NightmareDream

11:52am Apr 19 2010

Normal User

Bump~

NightmareDream

12:05pm Apr 28 2010 (last edited on 12:19pm Apr 28 2010)

Normal User

Improv! Again!

Tick tock

I look to the clock

To see if clas-s if over but it is not

Monotone voice, I wish clas-s would end

Then maybe I’d have time to spend

Alas, no such luck

And unfortunately I’m stuck

Forever in a terrible clas-s

In which a minute will never pas-s

Frozen in a place in time

Doomed to sit here and die

NightmareDream

7:48pm May 4 2010 (last edited on 7:52pm May 4 2010)

Normal User

Here's something... Based off of a nightmare I had... Just want to get it out of my system. -shivers- It may not seem frightening to the reader, but to me when I was dreaming... It was terrible. When I woke up it was still dark out, and I couldn't believe I had been dreaming. I actually just stared at the ceiling for a while, simply breathing, and thinking to myself oh gosh... Thank goodness... Just a dream... Acckkk.

"This is what happens when you befriend something that isn't meant to be."

15 minutes. I've got 15 minutes to live. To breath. Because of them. Half of the world was already killed. They were coming closer. They would arrive in 24 hours, and there would be no escape. Why can't we fight back? Because we cannot see them. That's what they say, anyway. They move so fast all you can see it a blur or hear its footsteps. They can kill a nation in seconds.

I was hidden in some shack somewhere. They would find me here, I knew. I could try to run. It was futile. I wished I could be brave, but it was different when death was staring me in the face. It was a fact. There was absolutely no help. I am going to die. A tear rolled down my cheek. I hear the sounds of screaming in the distance, turning my blood to ice. I wasn't ready. There had to be more time.. But no. I knew. I glance down at my watch.

2 minutes.

My heart beats rapidly. Somewhere in the shack, I hear something fall to the ground and shatter. Thump thump. My heart's beating so loudly I swear the thing can hear it. I stay silent, completely silent. I hear more noise.

Then something breaks open the shack door. I nearly scream-- but it's just a middle aged man.

"There's something in there," he said gruffly. "Get out." I do so with no hesitation. We shut the door. It's locked inside. We hear noises of something banging around inside. I look into the side window... And I see it. A face... Terrible... Dreadful... It shouldn't exist. I put my hands to my mouth and stare. Our eyes lock for a second. It's eyes are hungry for murder. The window shatters. I see a blur of movement.

Beside me, the old man suddenly topples to the ground. He clutches his stomach. He is laying in a pool of red. He looks at me and takes a breath... And then the light fades from his eyes.

I look all around me. I can hear everything. Every twig snap... Something coming closer... I feel something sharp brush my side... I feel myself hit the ground...

I wake up.

Well, of course it's a dream so there's some weird parts that don't make sense but.. It was freakkkyyy

NightmareDream

12:35pm Aug 14 2010

Normal User

It’s a song, people

So it’s rhythm may seem off {it fits with the music, though ^^}

In order to be famous you have to do it their way

Think what they think and say what they say

In order to be accepted you have to go with the flow

They tell you to be different although

You have to buy the things they sell—

You have to be different, just like everyone else

To me, it seems like this is the world’s message {most of the time} to me

Constantly, adds everywhere want you to buy the newest things out there, whether it’s philosophies {follow your dreams!!!}, clothes {get this and you’ll look awesome~ Cheap, too!}… And everybody, at the same time, is constantly saying “Be different, be yourself!” But it’s somehow impossible to do so when the same people who tell you to be different want you to buy their ideas and stuff. I know, I’m just rambling now.

In order to be famous you have to do it their way. You do. You have to say what people want to hear, whether it’s bashing the current leader of your country or singing a song about love, sex, and drugs. Come on, people. Or you have to make your voice synthesized cause’ that’s what’s popular now.

You can’t do anything because you’re so wrapped by all of these “rules”. Rules that people don’t ever say are rules, but everybody knows them. Break out of those, and you’re weird. Not just “different”.

It’s so infuriating. I wish that our culture would just stop contradicting itself and actually agree with what it’s saying. Be different, be yourself. 

NightmareDream

10:07pm Aug 21 2010

Normal User

Bump. ^_^

Go to page: 1