Ping's Showcase

Go to page: 1 Bookmark Thread
Ping

8:45pm Jan 27 2012 (last edited on 8:46pm Jan 27 2012)

Normal User

(my new logo)

Yeah, it's just a showcase. a bababaa

Really, I only made this to show off my minecraft world:

INTRODUCING:

POOOPPOOOO
(yes, that's what I named my world)

The bottom right screenie is a hole I dug, I dug it in single-player survival mode to get cobblestone to build stuff. Yurp, no life xD

Should I put the save up for download (haven't done it before but I have a gist on what to do)? I have a lot of secret places I haven't screenied. I've only screenied 1 city (not complete though) and a farm. There's another city that's still sort of in the early stages (like, not a single building is completed yet). There's cool stuff in the tower and secret passages. Yurp.

Also, I have a cat.

I (HATE)' YOU

Feel the love man D:<

Ping

8:54pm Jan 27 2012 (last edited on 9:06pm Jan 27 2012)

Normal User

ANYWAYS. REAL ART, NOT NERDY THINGS DONE IN MY FREE TIME:
I haven't posted my art on res for a while. YURP YURP. I'll show you people what I've been up to if you haven't been following me on dA xD

http://bluemarshmallows.deviantart.com/

I made a bird:

and a dog

(I'll take a better picture eventually)

I drew pictures:

(the painted skull thing was actually made a long time ago, prolly April last year? Earlier?)

I designed a rugby team logo:

I made a comic (not posting it yet) and am directing (writing, storyboarding and acting as a keyframe and inbetweener. Basically doing everything apart from sound design) a short film right now.

I PROLLY DID MORE STUFF BUT CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO PUT THEM ON THE INTERNET.

I (HATE)' YOU

Clouding

3:49pm Jan 28 2012

Normal User

I play minecraft too. /shot
Love your art. I could never draw like that. It took be six months how to find out how to make layers work. xD

I am online..
Ping

2:06am Feb 6 2012 (last edited on 2:06am Feb 6 2012)

Normal User

Everyone starts at the same point, some may travel faster, some slower. We all reach different locations in the end. Having work that is unique to ourselves. ;D

Don't get too fussed about being not like me. You shouldn't aim to be me. You're misleading yourself, I'm not that good. I'm actually a bit annoyed that everyone thinks that being able to do digital art is a 'promotion'. It's not. You're just doing something different. You shouldn't be thinking 'able to do digital art' = 'good artist'. Nope. Nope. That's the wrong way to think. Though most of my work is centred around using computers, I still sculpt an animate. Who cares if you can't understand la[injection]yers or it took you a while? You don't need to understand them.

Anyways. I just came on to post a painting here >D

It's my dog, Chubby. He looks different now because I cut his hair and stuff.

I (HATE)' YOU

Grimoire

11:14pm Feb 9 2012

Normal User

I love your art Ping. <3
Especially your sketches. They're just full of so much personality.

That painting is great. I like it when you can still see the paint strokes. Really refined art is great too, I just like seeing paint strokes. So you should do more paintings and post them. Also, your dog is really cute.

photo 40 - DSZVXzV_zpsj5zwxtwe.jpg
Ping

7:24am Feb 10 2012

Normal User

I never aim to get rid of brush strokes or refine too much, never will. If all art looked exactly like real life there isn't really any point in making art. Just seeing with your own eyes is good enough. Stylistic quality and subtlety is really im[injection]portant to me. It's what I feel makes something looks great. Having something too blurred and hard to see isn't great, fresh crisp lines with a little bit of blending in the background is how I like it. I actually did a light wash of his fur colour into his tongue and nose to make it all come together better.

I actually make things look brushy and less realistic on purpose. When I do still lifes or life drawings, I only look at my ref for a few minutes and just never look at it ever again. I actually had a photo with me for the painting of my dog. I looked at it for a while and studied the details and tucked it away. I actually made up a few details, not to make it easier for me but to make the image more interesting.

Art isn't about showing off skill. It should never be. It's a shame that people think that showing skill is what it's about. I feel it's about the portrayal of ideas. Being creative. It's not about expressing oneself. That's the strange hippy way of saying it. It's about coming across an idea and making it into something great.

I think a lot when I do my art. It's a great deal of thinking that goes into what i do even though the outcome doesn't seem to have a message that's in-your-face. If anyone prompts me to explain, I'll vomit all of my thoughts onto you xD

I (HATE)' YOU

Ping

9:29am Feb 27 2012

Normal User

;D

http://bluemarshmallows.deviantart.com/art/QR-Preview-1-287466235
http://bluemarshmallows.deviantart.com/art/QR-Preview-2-287466665

I (HATE)' YOU

Ping

8:23am Feb 28 2012

Normal User

A quick seal sculpture:

I (HATE)' YOU

Ping

5:34am Mar 21 2012

Normal User

GIF GIF GIF

It's part of an animated film I'm making. It's a bunch of keyframes so far, but I couldn't help but fully animating the flower bit ;D

I (HATE)' YOU

Go to page: 1