E.A.G.L.E's Rᴇᴅᴇᴍᴘᴛɪᴏɴ (Homemade Heroes)

Go to page: 1, 2 Bookmark Thread
minuette1298

2:55pm Jan 28 2014 (last edited on 4:33pm Feb 20 2014)

Normal User

THIS IS A SERIOUS ROLEPLAY
DO NOT JOIN IF:
You have trouble with proper gammar
You have issues with someone else who joined and can't keep quiet about it
You dislike violent situations
You are weak of heart

RULES
1. Romance and especially violence must be included
2. Genders should be balanced for the majority of the time
3. No killing off your characters to build better ones
4. No killing off characters, period
5. Disputes with roleplayers should be handled outside of the thread
6. No magical powers
7. Three talents per character
8. You should have proper grammar, one or two slip ups are fine, but if no one can read your posts, someone will politely ask you to exit
9. You may only control your characters, and no one else's

(This roleplay is based off of the movies K-A and K-A2. I can't say the entire ti
tle, because there are children on this site.

BIO FORMAT
Name:
Hero/Nickname:
Hometown:
Appearance:
Costume:
Personality:
Weapons:
Talents:
History:
Crush:
Other:

Name: Joika Paulsen

Hero/Nickname: Utøya's (Pronounced oot-oh-yah) Revenge (Or Revenge for short)

Hometown: Lillestrøm, Norway

Appearance: Above

Costume:

Personality: Joika is cold and calculating - she is more of a lone wolf, and believes there is no reason to exchange casually when more important matters are at hand. She rarely trusts anyone, so if they want her loyalty, they have to tle="Click to Continue > by Savings Explorer" style="background-color: transparent !important; border: none !important; display: inline !important; float: none !important; font-style: normal !important; font-variant: normal !important; font-weight: normal !important; font-size: 12px !important; line-height: 15px !important; font-family: Tahoma, Arial, Verdana !important; height: auto !important; margin: 0px !important; min-height: 0px !important; min-width: 0px !important; padding: 0px !important; vertical-align: baseline !important; width: auto !important; text-decoration: underline !important; background-position: initial initial !important; background-repeat: initial initial !important;">earn it. She prefers to hide her feelings (hence the gender issues) and won't open up to anyone other than someone she trusts more than herself. However, she's generous to a fault. It's impossible for her to ignore anyone who's depressed and/or injured, and when someone's life is at stake, her weakness surfaces.

Weapons: Blade shown in the picture, four smoke bombs, a grenade, and silencer pistol.

Talents: An incredibly swift runner, strong arms (not muscleman strong), and an intelligent strategist.

History: Joika was born to a poor family, and was given away at seven when her mother died in a car crash and her father couldn't care for her alone. She was then raised by a foster family with four younger brothers. The mother of the family had taken a business trip, where she met a man and left Joika's foster father. Joika then had to do the mother chores, because her foster father was always working. At the age of fourteen, she began work in a butcher's shop, so she could feed her brothers and provide for them with the small allowance she gained. Three years later, at seventeen, her brothers began going to a summer camp on an island in the center of a lake known to commoners as Utøya. One day, a terrorist attacked, setting off a car bomb in the capitol, then riding a ferry to the island and killing 69 teenagers and young adults, including Joika's foster brothers. Soon after, she cut her hair, bought a mask, stole the butcher's knife, and flew to America. Two months after she turned nineteen, she received the letter.

Crush: N/A at this time, open

Other: Acts like a man when in costume, to protect her identity.

PLOT

Welcome to E.A.G.L.E. You are receiving this letter because a sudden outbreak of crime has appeared across the United States. Authorities have been unable to track down the source of the attacks or to even capture one of the many criminals. Your first task, assuming you follow the directions enclosed, is to meet in Bracktown, Florida, in the basement of the mexican restaraunt called Ixtapa. We are counting on you - all of you. The lives of thousands are counting on you.

Signed, Cyrus.

E.A.G.L.E's Rᴇᴅᴇᴍᴘᴛɪᴏɴ

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
jayni

3:59pm Feb 11 2014 (last edited on 7:26am Feb 17 2014)

Normal User

Name: Willow Oakely
Hero/Nickname: Willow
Appearance: Willow has dark brown mahogany skin. There is a single whip lash running across her back but her skin is a stranger to pimples and spots. She has almond-shaped eyes and a knowing look.
Personality: Although Willow does not like being in the centre of attention, she often is. She is smart and cunning therefore able to solve any problem with obvious ease.
Talents: Smart and productive. And she isn't too bad at hand-to-hand combat.
History: Abandoned by her mother at birth, Willow was found on the doorstep of an old woman, Marcie. Marcie hid Willow and cared for she found that she(Marcie) had cancer. Marcie knew the responsible thing to do and put Willow in a children's Home. Willow never got adopted and has been there since.
Crush: I'm thinking that I'll reveal this in a post?
Other:
minuette1298

1:19pm Feb 15 2014

Normal User

(Accepted. Would you like us to start now or wait for more people?)

jayni

3:39pm Feb 15 2014

Normal User

(min my character's talent, being a mind-jacker, is sort of a super power. Is that acceptable or should I change it ? And can we start now if that's ok?)

minuette1298

7:23am Feb 17 2014

Normal User

(The roleplay is meant to be as realistic as possible. If you could change it, that would be much appreciated.)

E.A.G.L.E's Rᴇᴅᴇᴍᴘᴛɪᴏɴ

It was cold, windy, and dark. This was the usual, these days. Joika didn't mind - the darkness comforted her, and she was used to this weather, for the most part. However, the fact that no one was outside was unsettling. She'd forgotten how sensitive people were in the warmer parts of the world to the cold, though it didn't exactly phase her when she remembered.
She slowly walked along the streets under various awnings, her mask on, her hands in her pockets. She was in America illegally, though for some reason, it was as if no one had acknowledged her presence. Thunder cracked in the distance, causing her to shudder, but she didn't stop or change her course. She was headed home, which was now only a door or two away - the doors were feet and yards apart. With a huff, she looked down at the street, where rain pattered and bounced down and up, until she became sick of the noise and turned the corner to the sidewalk that led to her almost shoddy apartment.
In the beaten-up mailbox before her door, she could see an envelope sticking out, half-soaked. "Bloody tax." She growled, yanking it from the gap it was stuck into, glaring down at the hastily written addresses. "Utøya's Revenge... Hva..?" She slowly opened the odd flap, reaching inside to find a map and ripped sheet of paper.
Welcome to E.A.G.L.E...
Her eyes widened, and she turned on her heel, following the map.

jayni

7:25am Feb 17 2014

Normal User

(right, ok. My rp post might take two days- I've go some egg hunting to do.)
jayni

1:24am Feb 18 2014 (last edited on 1:26am Feb 18 2014)

Normal User

I re-read the letter for the fourth time, gobsmacked as I sit on my narrow mattress and eye the slip of paper as if it's a ticking time-bomb. Just a trick, I tell myself. After all, who would hire a skinny thirteen-year-old like me to protect a country? I should ignore it. I should discard it in the overflowing waste-bin. But I don't. Why?

Thousands of lives are counting on you...

The words chill my very soul. I wrap my cardigan round my bare shoulders as if a real draught had swept in here and encased me in coldness. It can't be real. Impossible. It's just that there's something about that letter which makes me believe... Logic is supposed to be my thing, but at the moment I seem to be totally devoid of it. Because I'm thinking, maybe I'll go. The venue the letter-senders supplied me with is - what, two miles away? Not hard in means of transport. Sure, the owner of the children's Home- a large, beefy, formidable woman by the name of Peg - will throw a fit.

I pull the sleeves of my cardi down so they just about cover my hands. What to do, what to do. Reason says it cannot be true, but my heart claims otherwise. If it is real, how am I - who can barely fend off domineering bullies - bust a bunch of hardened criminals at least twice my size and twice my age? Surely it's a prank.

Surely.

But I know that I'm lying to myself. 

minuette1298

8:56am Feb 18 2014

Normal User

Joika huffed, growling to herself as she made her way down the street. "Sh- I forgot my stuff." She immediately turned again and strapped her various weapons to her arms and legs before looking in the mirror, ruffling her close-cropped hair, and putting on her wolf-like mask again. For a moment she stood still, then slipped on her red hoodie, keeping the hood down. "I look like a guy... Good." She spun again toward the door, finally out onto the street.
She started on her way down the rainy, muddy street, yanking her curved knife from it's hilt up her sleeve every time she heard a noise. After what seemed like hours of walking, hiding, and running, she finally saw the Mexican restaurant. She didn't want to just walk right in, she didn't want to be caught, especially in her mask, with all those weapons. Taking a deep breath, she edged away from the light. For about ten minutes she ran her hands over the ground, feeling for some sort of passageway. That's what she found.
Her fingertips closed around a handle, and though it was heavy - even for her-, she was able to yank a trapdoor from the ground. She then grabbed the handle on the bottom of the door and dropped herself down, pulling the door down with her. The room was dark. Thick, even, if not for the dim light bulb in the center of the room. "Hello..?" She said, using the gruff voice that hid her identity. There were a few clicks and the scuffle of clothing, but she heard nothing else.

jayni

10:27am Feb 19 2014 (last edited on 10:28am Feb 19 2014)

Normal User

I look up at the cheesy run-down restaurant, dithering yet again. What if, what id, what if. The two words persistently roll around my head, bringing with them tons of possibilities - some very, very frightening - and it's tearing me up. I close my hand around the handle and push before I lose the courage, but the door's closed.

Of course. They wouldn't want just anyone crashing in would they? I skirt the perimeter of the building, looking for a hidden way in. My meticulous gaze doesn't miss a square inch as it lasers around. I soon find a slight shift in the rough, mismatched brick patchwork at the rear, near the base of the building.

I put my fingers there and pull, hoping that it is a concealed entrance. It moves about a centimetre. I keep pulling, my grip able to get better as I get more space to put my fingers. In about five minutes, it gives way and a camouflaged flap about a metre in both length and width falls to the grass. I look over my shoulder, making sure no-one is watching before returning my attention back to the trapdoor.

All I can see is pitch blackness. I don't want to risk a long, painful drop, so I scavenge around until I find a decent stone. I drop it down the black void. I hear it clatter very soon, so I know that I'm not going to fall far. Taking a deep breath, I lower my body down the small shaft, and then let go.

I land roughly but I receive no injuries. I look around. It's still dark, but a thin light bulb casts dim shadows around. I chew my lip and start feeling my way around, wondering, certainly not for the first and probably not the last time if this is all a trap.

Wondering if I'm gonna be stuck here a while.

minuette1298

11:52am Feb 19 2014

Normal User

Joika drew her knife the moment she heard someone drop in behind her. Spinning around, she saw the light frame of a girl in the shadows. "The hell..?" She scowled behind her mask, but turned again at the sound of footsteps. "A little late, but I guess this will do." A masculine voice said from the darkness, and when Joika turned again, she saw a possibly middle-aged man standing a yard or two away. "I apologize if you may feel uneasy about meeting up here. You two must have some questions... Well, I have answers. For example... Oh, why I called you here, maybe? Well, that answer will come soon enough."
Joika narrowed her eyes, glaring at the girl behind her and the man in front of her. "Mask, Mr. Revenge? Could you possibly take it off? We're all going to be friends soon enough." The man said, giving a chuckle. Joika grumbled, folding her arms. "The mask stays." Her accent thickened as she became irritated. She wanted desperately to know the identities of these strangers, though she was sure the little girl behind her did too. However, she wasn't giving away her alibi just to know their identities. No way was she taking off her mask - and savior - to the pleasure of random people.
She would rather get to the nub of the matter.

jayni

3:36pm Feb 19 2014

Normal User

I take a step backwards, eyeing the two people in front of me warily. One is a very menacing-looking male of about twenty and the other a short bloke with bright blue eyes, pushing forty. And those eyes are stunning blue, such blue, like the Johnson's baby all grown up.

Both taller, older, smarter. I feel so small. "Um . . ." I dare to say. The younger one appraises me with untrusting, dark eyes. "Er . . ." I try again but the words seem to be running away from me.

"Ah, the youngest recruit," says the former Johnson's baby with an amiable smile. I don't let my guard down ; only give a small nod.

"I don't really understand . . ." I mutter hesitantly.

"We just need to wait until the others arrive," he replies. "And then we'll explain in further detail. But you are free to ask any questions."

Before I have a chance to say anything the scary one launches in. "This kid is, like, fourteen. How is she going to cope with this crime-solving we're supposed to do?"
"She's thirteen. And a young female would be handy for undercover work," he answers, unfazed. He addresses me. "You were very brave to show up. Most kids would treat it as a joke."

A fleeting smile crosses my face just before two pairs of shoes dig into my scalp. I hear a voice from above telling me to get out the way but I don't need to be told. Disgusted, I extract a dried piece of mud from my hair, scowling at the newcomer, a boy of about seventeen. I can't help noticing his good looks - that chiselled jaw, the tanned bronze skin, the stunning sea-green eyes. He's not too tall ; about five feet nine inches . . .

I stop assessing his distracting handsomeness and scowl at him. He shrugs, murmurs an apology with a both surprised and flirtatious smile, and glances at our other companions. Blue eyes greets the head-kicker.

"You are Marcus, I trust?"

"Yeah. So - what's all this about protecting the country?" Marcus asks.

"I was thinking the same myself," the other man says dryly.

"Well, kids-"

The unfriendly male bristles. "I ain't no kid."

Blue eyes raises his hand in a placatory manner. "No offence intended."

Mr I-ain't-no-kid contents himself with glaring sullenly and snapping, "Well, then tell us what's going on."

I lean against the wall, waiting to be told.

minuette1298

7:08am Feb 20 2014

Normal User

(Could you please tell me who the other characters in your post are?)

jayni

7:11am Feb 20 2014 (last edited on 7:12am Feb 20 2014)

Normal User

( The only other character is that Marcus guy. The one I called 'Blue eyes' is the same middle-aged man you mentioned in your previous post and the 'unfriendly' one is your character.)
minuette1298

12:28pm Feb 20 2014 (last edited on 12:29pm Feb 20 2014)

Normal User

(Could you please at least make a character biography for Marcus? ...And not control my characters? When you control other people's characters, it kinda defeats the purpose of having them and controlling them.)
(The middle-aged man - Cyrus - is someone who won't have a biography, being just a simple base for giving out missions and stuff, thus a bit of a side-character or NPC, if I may.)

jayni

12:33pm Feb 20 2014 (last edited on 12:33pm Feb 20 2014)

Normal User

( Um sorry for controlling ur character and  I don't see the point in making a biography for every character that will appear in the rp... :/)
minuette1298

12:35pm Feb 20 2014

Normal User

(I'm sorry. It's just the way most roleplays work, and what character biographies are for. This way no one assumes things wrongly about our characters. So... Could you possibly tweak your post?)
(I'll make a minor bio for Cyrus, I guess.)

jayni

12:45pm Feb 20 2014 (last edited on 12:46pm Feb 20 2014)

Normal User

(I've never made a bio for every different character in one of my RPs. Ever. Because the only biographies I make is that of my own character, not any other people in the RP. I really don't have the time or the effort to do that sorry.)
minuette1298

4:05pm Feb 20 2014

Normal User

(Okay, then. Could you possibly repost instead? ...Without controlling characters that aren't yours?)

jayni

4:06pm Feb 20 2014 (last edited on 4:08pm Feb 20 2014)

Normal User

( I don't see how im making your character do anything significant)
minuette1298

4:19pm Feb 20 2014

Normal User

(Just sort of controlling them in general was a tiny spoof. I'm just trying to make sure this doesn't happen to others.)

Go to page: 1, 2