Yancy Alverhime (Jasmin1206) Unique Pokemon Role Play!

Go to page: 1 Bookmark Thread
AlloraSilverfield

8:02am Feb 28 2014

Normal User

Your teachers have decided on giving you one of these three pokemon:

Turtwig

Shinx

Buneary

Pick one, and write your first role play entry as you receiving this pokemon, your first interaction with it, and nicknaming it. End your first entry by you picking up your pokedex. Be sure to read the introduction posted on the application forum!!

Make sure to include in OOC text the two egg moves that you pick for your pokemon to have. ((OOC text is in parenthesis like this))

Jasmin1206

11:29pm Mar 3 2014 (last edited on 11:32pm Mar 3 2014)

Normal User

Alfred Tapped his foot slightly, trying to suppress the excitement he was feeling. He was ready to go out into the world, and earn some money! Yancy's foot froze for a moment as a pedestal rose out of the floor. He unexpectedly found a lump stuck in his throat, and hastily swallowed as excitement and anticipation became anxiety. 

The pedestal stopped rising and Yancy timidly stepped forward. He surveyed his options, seeing a Turtwig, a Shinx and a Buneary. He dismissed the Turtwig easily, but found his heart caught between the other two. He stood in silence as he watched the pokeballs. He reached a timid hand to the ball of the Buneary and sent it out, giving it a slow look. It surveyed him with a docile ex
pression and yawned slightly. He then sent out the Shinx, and saw that it was unusually small for a Shinx. It gave a slight growl, and, realising it was facing away from the person that might become his companion, stumbled around and glowered when another person in the room snickered at his clumsiness.

Yancy saw the small creature trying to turn around and gently picked it up, placing it down in front of him. Their eyes met, and Yancy knew that this clumsy, headstrong and tough little runt would be his. Yancy knelt down in a trance and gently patted it on the head. The little Shinx butted him on the leg and Yancy laughed, as the Shinx rubbed his head up and down his leg. "You.. seem like an... An Alfred. I'll call you Alfred." Yancy whispered, still in awe at his new pokemon.

Decision made, Yancy took the pokeball that held the Shinx and put the Buneary back. He then looked at his pokedex that awaited him and reached for it, his excitement reaching a climax as he gripped his new pokedex and stood tall, his Shinx standing by his leg. 

((Tackle and Charge are the moves I would like him to have.))

((I would like the Shinx to have the most of the normal moves and gain the most of the rest as normal Shinx do (In order, with some I do not want him learning omitted) and if you permit it, I may give him some TM moves. Actually, could you just tell me how you want me to deal with the moves?))
AlloraSilverfield

11:04am Mar 4 2014

Normal User

((Each pokemon will have the normal moves they start with at level 5, as well as two egg moves. Tackle and Charge are not egg moves, you may choose two egg moves from tle="this list." target="_blank">this list. (Scroll down to see the egg moves, Shinx has some good ones!) Then Alfred will start with Tackle and Leer, as well as whichever other moves you pick from that list! Pick carefully; egg moves cannot be learned in a normal moveset, they are special moves that pokemon are born with. 
Each pokemon will have the opportunity to learn every normal move that they usually could while leveling up. You will find TM moves on your journey that you may use on Alfred or whatever other pokemon you have. Moves will sometimes be added, and sometimes be transformed. For example, Thundershock will turn into Thunderbolt, and Bite will turn into Crunch, but Charge will stay its own unique move. Your pokemon will be able to learn and use an infinite amount of moves; there is no four move limit. However, once your pokemon learns Thunderbolt, it will not be able to go back and use Thundershock, make sense?))

You held the device on its side. It was the size of an iPhone when closed, but when you pushed the buttons on the sides of the small box, two doors (previously undetectable up to that point) slid open from the front to reveal a small touch screen. A third screen rose from the top, displaying a 'loading' screen.

"This is called a pokedex," said one of your professors, holding an exact replica of your device in his hands. He opened it in the same manner, pressing on the two side buttons. "Once you put your information into the dex, it will take you to this screen." The professor plugged his pokedex into a computer, which projected both screens onto the wall for the whole group to see. 

The top screen had six blank boxes, under a section labeled "Party Pokemon." The display box currently had no pokemon registered. Your professor smiled, and took out a pokeball, releasing a pidgey onto the desk.

"You may register pokemon like so," he said. He then aimed the pokedex at the pidgey and pressed the two side buttons once again. A red light scanned the pidgey, and a picture of it appeared in one of his blank boxes. He explained that the dex would hold information for all pokemon that you capture, and you can edit which pokemon it displays as your party pokemon manually.

He touched the box with the pidgey on the top screen with his finger, opening a new screen. This one listed the height and weight for the pidgey, as well as the moves it knew, the gender, and what level it was. 

Exiting out of this screen, he showed how the badge system worked. In his palm he held a sample badge. He pushed a button on the bottom screen called "Badge Registration." This button exploded outward when he touched it, leaving a red target behind on the bottom touch screen. He placed the badge on the screen, and like magic the badge dissolved into the pokedex, much the same way a pokemon dissolves into a pokeball.

After the badge was absorbed, a new screen popped up, showing two TM's. "Each leader you face, if you face one, will have two TM's registered to their badge. You may select one of them." He clicked one of the TM's, and the pokedex beeped and returned to the home screen. Now on the left side of the top screen there was a "Badges: 1" button. He clicked it, pulling up the sample badge. 

The touch screen at the bottom always displayed a QWERTY keyboard, as well as a button for TM/HM moves. He clicked this button, and clicked on the TM Roost that he had taken from the badge. He then aimed the pokedex at the pidgey and pressed the two side buttons once again. Light flowed in white sparkles from the pokedex to the bird pokemon, and just like that, the pidgey learned roost.

"Any questions?" he asked? Your pokedex prompted you with some questions.

"When you type your name in, your trainer card will pop up. Click yes to confirm it is you, and your information will be registered. Then, you are free to go."

NAME? your pokedex asked you.

((Picture the pokedex almost like a nintendo 3DS in structure, only both screens are touch screens! If you have questions ask "the professor."))

Jasmin1206

12:46am Mar 5 2014 (last edited on 12:52am Mar 5 2014)

Normal User

((I would like my egg moves to be Ice fang and Fire fang, if permitted. Thanks for the clarification.))

"W-wow." Yancy stammered, he knew about the pokedex of course, but having one was another matter altogether. Yancy, with a shaking hand, typed in his name and clicked yes to confirm that it was him. He also quickly passed the pokedex over Alfred, just to make sure that he had his information. He then really realised that he could start his adventure, all the long hours and effort had finally paid off. With a grin, Yancy placed his pokedex in the brown side bag he had slung over half his body, and strode out the door with his new pokemon. 

He was taking the first steps towards his dream of being a famous hairdresser, and stepping out into the sunlight had never made him feel more alive.
AlloraSilverfield

9:16am Mar 5 2014

Normal User

"Yancy!" you heard from behind you. You turned, and saw your friend Sela coming up behind you. You have known Sela for years, since you started school. "Where are you going? The graduation banquet is in the courtyard, everyone is out there, and there's food and stuff! Come on!"
"Zel!" agreed the buizel that was following her on the ground. It sat up on its haunches and waved at Alfred.

Jasmin1206

11:19pm Mar 5 2014

Normal User

"Haha! Sorry, Sela. I guess I just got a bit carried away. Yancy chuckled and rubbed his head, walking next to Sela and trying to quench the fear that had surfaced when he saw the water pokemon following. He made sure to put Sela between himself and the buizel. Yancy stepped out into the courtyard with Sela and absently patted Alfred as he took in the scene laid out before him. Everyone was decked out in fine clothes, and there was a cheerful atmosphere to the situation. Yancy felt a smile rise on his face and figured he should have a bit of fun after all the hard work he had done.
AlloraSilverfield

10:50am Mar 6 2014

Normal User

Outside was awesome. It was a beautiful, spring day. The other students who had decided on non-pokemon related careers, were talking with their family members, being given flowers and such. Many of the parents had pokemon of their own, for the training regulations were not nearly as strict during their time.
There was a buffet on the left side of the courtyard, a tall one for humans, and a shorter one for the pokemon. You notice a few pokemon helping themselves.
In the center were tables with gorgeous flowered centerpieces, probably picked from the routes just outside of the city. 
On the right side, however, is what you find the most interesting. There are three battlefields that had been holographically set up. You knew about holo-fields, and how they worked. A small thin box about the size of a stamp with one button is the source. If one walked into the middle of what they wanted to be a 'battlefield,' you only had to push the center button. The little box would float into the air, and project down a hologram, complete with trainer boxes, boundary lines, and the center circle.
Across the courtyard, you see your family. Sela comes up behind you and gives you a nudge. "What do you wanna do?"

Jasmin1206

3:35am Mar 7 2014

Normal User

"Well, I think I might try out Alfred in a battle, if anyone will battle... And then I might grab some food and have a chat with my family." Yancy sighed a little in regret. "But on the road, I won't have anyone to give a makeover to! Well, I suppose I could always make my pokemon fabulous." As if Alfred understood him, he butted Yancy's hand and Yancy smiled, taking the sign for a yes. But then he realized that Alfred was grabbing his shirt and pulling him to the food table. Yancy shook his head in dismay, muttering that Alfred was a glutton and could wait a little while. 

Alfred let his gaze sweep the courtyard, looking for a likely opponent that would give him a quick, fun, battle.
AlloraSilverfield

8:44am Mar 7 2014

Normal User

Across the courtyard, two of the battlefields were already taken. Hannah, a girl you only knew by name, was battling with a piplup against Jack, who who only knew as a jerk, using his zubat. The second battle looked fairly one sided. Two twins were battling, Pat and Pam, but one with a pachirisu and the other with a starley.
The third battlefield was unoccupied. Standing by were two others with pokemon, whose names you didn't know. Both were girls, one with a combee fluttering by her head, and the other with a bidoof.

Go to page: 1