Saying 'Ew' to your join date?

Go to page: 1 Bookmark Thread
dory

9:36am Jun 23 2011 (last edited on 8:21am Jun 24 2011)

Normal User

Okay.. i have no idea if i will get any support from this, if this is already posted (sorry?) or if this will be on v3 yadiyadida.

But heres a suggestion! Having a player having join res for x years = activate a 'hidden join date' enabling option :D! Imagine o__o instead of entering your profile and see-ing a  'Joined: 1995 (example)' , you see a 'Joined : Hidden. '

Some.. reasons i think for this?
• I personally think this would be quite useful for people who left rescreatu due to whatever reasons , and they decided to come back and play again [hooray].
• ^ Using those type of people. Some wants to start a-new after leaving for so long. They want to clear everything, but still keep their friends, some 'meaningful/important/loved pets', rare items and etc. However , thats sadly multiple accounting :c .  [i actually considered doing this in future ; after my studies are complete and such, but i asked a staff and yeah, its considered multiple accounting.] This would go great with a 'change username' type of thing in v3 (which i heard about) for the people wanting to have a fresh new beginning when coming back.
• A touch of privacy :D A touch of comfort for the player.
• Having a join date as - hidden , indicates that your an 'old player' but it doesn't actually reveal your actual 'years old', yup? People's thoughts just by looking at your years? ... Ew. im quite sure there are people out there, that are quite judging by the 'book's cover'. "Oh wow, this person is like dinosaur material, they must be blah blah. " It's a terrible feeling.
• Join dates scare people. This may sound a little silly, but i've seen a few people put on their profiles 'dont be scared of my join date, ur welcomed to rmail me anything etc.'.  A few more 'hiddens' and i don't think people will need to worry bout that.
•Comparision. Kk.  This definietly doesn't apply for alot of ppl but, there are people that compare & judge just cuz ur a few years away from another player.

I'm sure theres more reasons out there - (share them please? I'd love to know xD) And please support if you agree? ^^. Thankyou o.o. -clutch hands together ; i hope this isn't a double post of the idea T^T-

Edit : // I found a few typos e__e,  removed some sarcasm & shortened some sentences xD.

n/a
RootBeerLover

12:37pm Jun 23 2011 (last edited on 12:39pm Jun 23 2011)

Normal User

Well, I personally think there is no reason for this. My old account is probably over 3 years old now(I haven't touched it in like, 2 years), so I kind of understand. But, in my opinion, I think people are proud of their many years on Res. This earns them respect. They have stuck around in Res for so long, and they should be proud. In fact, I'm jealous of older accounts. Not because of the awesome profile and pets they have, but of the time. They were able to watch Res grow and be well-known among the Residents. Haha, see what I did there? o.o

Anyway, I don't really see how this will improve Res. Also, if a person is vain enough to be mean to older Residents, they get banned. It's just like in the rules. No ha.ssling, insults, or name-calling.

I also have a question for you, dory. Why would someone be afraid of their join dates? There is absolutely no harra.ssment of any kind tolerated on Res. No one ever makes fun of others, especially about their join dates. I'm sure a simple join date wouldn't "scare" people away. I don't even look at join dates. I have dyslexia, and the numbers often confuse me anyway.

If you want a profile to look friendly, simple add pictures, and text on it. There's no reason to even think people would navigate away from a profile because of the join date.

Sorry, but I don't say support. I'm going to be neutral on this, because maybe I don't fully understand the feelings of owners of old accounts. 

I guess if a lot of Residents feel the way you described, dory, then sure, it would be just fine to add an option to say Join Date: Hidden. Optional, of course. In my opinion, just putting Hidden as your join date makes people notice more. 

Adopt one today! Please click me! I'm dying! EDIT: Oh crap I'm dead. Click me anyways, cause I'm awesome.
paigecam

10:30pm Jun 23 2011

Normal User

My join date is 3-19-2006.

I'm over five years old, and I couldn't be more proud of it. I don't know why others wouldn't be. I know a ton of people because of my years, and no one's intimidated by my oldness. o__o Actually, most people like to ask me things about the old Res...

So um, yeah. No support on this.

We fell through the ice when we tried not to slip.

dory

2:04am Jun 24 2011 (last edited on 8:31am Jun 24 2011)

Normal User

Well i suggested a 'enable button' so for those who like their dates. But thankyou for your sharing your thoughts:). I understand that not everybody feels the same way. Thankyou for both your kind opinions ^^

@ root, Oh my gosh. im sorry for making u type so much T^T. For scaring, I've seen other people do so, on their profile and i thought this might help. o_o. (As for the 'space on our profile' i was trying to be a little sarcastic. :x...) And i didn't mean people would navigate away xD, i meant its kinda like.. a little first impression thing. Yes i understand, that not all people are 'harra-ssing people' and such, but this is the internet - there will be some that do and there will be people who wouldn't straight away - report to a staff.Res ppl are nice,  ofcourse avoiding rudeness , but mm, its kinda like 'judging', which i think, could be more prevented with this option? I believe that, if i have left rescreatu for long - and some back and just.. see a really old join date. Its uncomfortable ; making me want to start a-new. I think this may actually prevent 'creating new accounts' for starting again, but yes, this is only my opinion. :D even though its considered a little minor thing on rescreatu. Looking back now , yeah, i guess seems this is more for people who left and came back. They haven't 'watched rescreatu grow' and they dont have the 'profile and pets', since they were absent. Having hidden as their join date - just acts as a kind of mask i guess for the people feeling uncomfortable :D. I understand where you get people notice more, but .. i dont know, i think people would naturally understand why the user would have it 'hidden' for whatever reason they have. (well, i would.) Thankyou for your kind opinions ^^! i am also saying yes, only if people don't mind this idea.

And don't worry, if i feel that there isn't much support for this - since i don't know if there is a fair amount of Residents (see what i did there too? xDD!) feeling this way - i will get this thread deleted :). It's just a suggestion i wanted to bring up :D. Thankyou xD.
Edit : // haha, sorry, re-read what i typed and found a few ridiculous typos + tried to re-word my sentences a little better.

n/a
Jzbelle

7:01am Jun 24 2011 (last edited on 8:13am Jun 24 2011)

Normal User

Residents.  :: thumbs up ::  :D

I don't see an issue with that option, and I sure don't understand the responses to the suggestion, which seems harmless.  She's not suggesting removing dates, she's suggesting the option to display them or not, much like our collections, trophies, wishlist, etc.  I have no desire to hide my join date but someone else might, so why not?  (Anyone who knows me knows that the note on my profile about my join date is a poke at a certain moron who decided that all of the "older users" were his mortal enemies, regardless of the fact that he'd never even spoken with ANY of them.) And obviously there's no issue with breaking any rules, since some users choose to hide their entire ID block on their profiles and it's allowed.  XD

If this was done, I'd suggest maybe adding other "hide/enable" features for the rest of the personal info (Tu,  Gender, etc.).  Just make the whole thing customizable.  Maybe I don't care to share with others how many credits I have or how much Tu I have on hand, as an example.

By the way, a short term fix for those who might want to hide their date is just to remove the whole ID block from their profile, like I mentioned above.  It's easy to do, and I'd be happy to show how to do it if someone wants to.  :]

dory

8:12am Jun 24 2011

Normal User

Thankyou jzbelle for your response. :). I'm sorry for all the 'reasons xD'. I just wanted .. some 'points' to explain topeople, who honestly have no idea why somebody would want this ><;. As for long reponses - i guess i just im the type that types alot (sorry~) (and i guess i did ask 'share your reasons' cuz i do want to respect/know other people's thoughts on this. x.x;)

As for the 'hide/enable all features', im sorry, but i don't  have much to say to that ^^;. You could kind of change tu numbers by depositing o.O;.  I understand what you mean by removing the whole id block, and i haven't thought about that at all when typing that up. But i do find the id block as the most important thing in a profile O_o; with all the links and stuff, which is probably why people would dislike removing it x).  * pokes the banned guy *. I didnt expect a story and such a rude user like that, coming, but i guess it happens :c..

n/a
Jzbelle

8:26am Jun 24 2011

Normal User

No no, I wasn't picking on your list of reasons or the length of your post.  I didn't understand the responses that you got from others.  :]  Explaining a suggestion is good! (I think you responded to my post while I was editing it, for anyone who might be confused.)  XD

dory

8:51am Jun 24 2011

Normal User

Haha oh gosh, yes xD, i just happened to be typing when u edited. Well, i don't mind too much on the responses i got (i guess) - i do want to respect other people's thoughts and dislikes :). But, thankyou :D.

Off topic (sry sry xD! i must!) : in love with your profile by the way xD. Oh my gosh, it makes kayoki(s) look so ... adorable O.O. -must hatch one tomorrow- x)

n/a
Jzbelle

5:17pm Jun 24 2011

Normal User

O.T.  My profile doesn't make Kayoki adorable.  They just...are.  All on their own.  ♥  Especially since the re-draw.  Thought I couldn't be more fond of them, and I was wrong.  :]

RootBeerLover

5:45pm Jun 27 2011

Normal User

dory- About your third post, were you referring to me when you said, 'I didnt expect a story and such a rude user like that, coming, but i guess it happens :c..' ?

Sorry if I misunderstood. xD And don't be sorry about the typing thing, it's one thing I enjoy. (it's reading a few things that I don't).

I'll definately be spreading that Residents thing. XD 

Adopt one today! Please click me! I'm dying! EDIT: Oh crap I'm dead. Click me anyways, cause I'm awesome.
dory

5:21am Jun 28 2011

Normal User

Oh gosh NO, ofcourse not, root. I was referring to the user in Jzbelle's story. Please please please don't misunderstand, you did absolutely nothing wrong. D;!

I'm sorry for the things i typed, if you took them as offensive, in any way. I just wanted to answer your questions :x.

And oh yes xD Do spread that Residents thing xD. 

n/a
RootBeerLover

4:17pm Jul 1 2011

Normal User

Oh, alright. :)

And no, I did not take anything offensive, I'm actually really easy going about stuff. xD 

Go to page: 1