America's Best Dance Crew FC

Go to page: 1, 2 Bookmark Thread
Jenny

10:35pm Mar 1 2011

Normal User

Yup, it's a show on MTV. One of the very few shows I actually sit down to watch.

But it actually relates to music and dancing, since MTV never really shows either (except extremely late at night where most people are asleep).

Anyways, feel free to discuss your favorite crews and why you like them.

Even (politely!) discuss your least favorites and why.

Who's excited for season 6? :D 

i’m such a gamer uwu
DanceIsLife

11:21pm Mar 1 2011 (last edited on 11:22pm Mar 1 2011)

Normal User

Quest Crew!! Well because I take dance clas.ses at Quest Learning Center and I personally know all the guys xD And I love the style, and preciseness of the moves. Popping, Tutting, B-boying, and Tricking. All in one routine. Who could ask for more?

Season 6 is gonna be EPIC, by the wayy.

Jenny

11:27pm Mar 1 2011

Normal User

I personally enjoy Jabbawockeez. I don't know why but their moves are hypnotic. Quest Crew is definitely a close second to Jabbawockeez. QC's performances are always a joy to see.

But that's totally cool that you've met Quest Crew and are taking cl*censored*es by them. :O

I can't wait for season 6! 

i’m such a gamer uwu
DanceIsLife

11:33pm Mar 1 2011 (last edited on 11:34pm Mar 1 2011)

Normal User

Aris Paracuelles teaches most of our clas.ses. He was unable to preform on ABDC due to a member limit. Though I think he is much better then Brian Hirano, but thats just me.

Jabba was alright, and the popping is magnificent. But there was no... How can I put this... Originality? No. Um. Each routine hit me the same as the previous one. Kind of redundant. But then again, I am sort of like opinionated |D

I was hoping last year, Hype 5-0 would topple Blueprint Cru. That dissapointed me.

Jenny

11:48pm Mar 1 2011

Normal User

I don't know. I thought each Jabba performance had a spice of something different.

I didn't really like Blueprint Cru. Don't know why exactly. Just thought of them as sort of average. Hype 5-0 seemed more appealing to me.

I think I only rooted for Poreotix because they were all Asian and they had personality. xD 

i’m such a gamer uwu
DanceIsLife

11:53pm Mar 1 2011

Normal User

Keep in mind, Quest is like the hometown team. So I'd probably be loyal to the no matter what.

Now Blueproint Cru I disliked.... Alot. They needed to leave much earlier than they did. Hype 5-0 has personality. The were clean, energized, precise, The main guy was really hot, and for me the better crew. They would've actually given Poreotix a worthy opponent.

But poreo probably would have won anyhow. Only thing I have against them is the their robotic style... So easy to master.

Jenny

12:06am Mar 2 2011

Normal User

I absolutely had no idea why Blueprint Cru survived as long as they did. I did believe Hype 5-0 had slightly better moves than them.

Yeah, I totally agree. Poreotix had their unique spin but I think their charisma caused them to win. But, then again, they've been trying to specialize in the futuristic robotic feel since that's how they started in the competition and they stayed true to it.

i’m such a gamer uwu
DanceIsLife

12:11am Mar 2 2011

Normal User

Blueprint was probably the "Publiciser" Team. The one the company kept on there because people LOVED to HATE them. So they keep em on so everyone gets on and votes against them. But it just made me made when Crews that deserved a spot like Jungle Boogie and Hype 5-0 go home becaus e of it.

Now Poreo was good, don't get me wrong. But for me as a dancer I just know how simple it is to make crisp pops on the beat.

Jenny

12:17am Mar 2 2011

Normal User

Grr. Hate it when companies do that. They just let someone through because they know it'll cause some controversy, which will increase popularity for their show. But we have to tolerate it because they're showing off a lot of unique crews like Fanny Pak and that roller skate crew I forgot the name of. I praise the rollerskate crew for having the endurance and skill that they have to actually multitask and Fanny Pak because they were truly different.

Given that most of the viewers aren't dancers, I think it's not really understood that the Poreotix's style is easy. 

i’m such a gamer uwu
zebez

12:19am Mar 2 2011

Normal User

I really liked KabaModern actually, I have no idea how status quo made it to the finale. <_< They kind of sucked, and were really boring. But then again, I'm more of an intricate than a big move person. Still it should've been between Kaba and Jabba at the end (which the judges agreed with).KabaModern should've won in my opinion. They were cleaner and had more moments that stuck with you than Jabba did.

But this show is so awesome. Although, I can't really watch hiphop dancing anymore without being critical. o_o It's ruined me.

Poreotix was love. I mean if you're going to do one thing (although they pulled off the few tricks they did really fluidly) at least make it entertaining. And it was funny each time.

O`_o
DanceIsLife

12:22am Mar 2 2011

Normal User

I know even with expirience, if I tried to dance on skates... I'd fall. I garuntee it. So cahoots to them for sure. Now the jump rope crew... That wasn't really gonna fly with me.

That is also true. But for the untrained, it may be challenging. I'm just saying that Hype could've learned Poreo's style MUCH easier than Poreotix learning Hype's.

Jenny

12:23am Mar 2 2011 (last edited on 12:25am Mar 2 2011)

Normal User

Yeah, the jump rope crew was not appealing to me at all. I always remembered some tap dancing country crew. Wasn't quite fond of them either. Seemed repetitive each time. 

Omg, KabaModern was one of my personal favorites. It was hard for me to choose between Kaba and Jabba and I really thought for a minute that they were going to go head-to-head. I was really sad that they didn't. :C

Yes, I understand completely. Every single one of their performances was always funny to watch. You can actually see their personalities show. 

i’m such a gamer uwu
DanceIsLife

12:29am Mar 2 2011

Normal User

KabaModern was amazing. I'm a BeatFreaks fan as well. Quest reigning as my fave.

I love when you can see the crews personality! One of my favorite routines:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1KTB_tv2zc

And in the intro when he runs into the mirror. I like that part |D

Jenny

12:35am Mar 2 2011

Normal User

I greatly praise the BeatFreaks for being the first all female group. They truly deserve it.

Haha! I remember that one! xD It was sexy. It was like "ohaithere, how u doin? C; " 

i’m such a gamer uwu
DanceIsLife

12:38am Mar 2 2011

Normal User

Agreed. They have some sick moves!<3 BeatFreaks= Amazing Group.

I love the spunk they give in that one, blindfolded amd wearing mascara. WITH a booty shake. It takes a real man to do that |D

Jenny

12:42am Mar 2 2011

Normal User

I agree, Quest Crew definitely tossed off insecurities aside for every performance. xD

i’m such a gamer uwu
DanceIsLife

12:48am Mar 2 2011

Normal User

Hate to say it, but insecurities? Mm not many amongst them. xD

Now one thing I will say is Quest is mainly a compilation of talented dancers, while some other crews feed off of each other. Jabba for example... So in sync, it's somewhat scary.

DanceIsLife

12:51pm Apr 2 2011

Normal User

Just thought you'd like to know this ^^ Omarion is no longer the third judge of ABDC. Who replaced him? Why none other than Dominic "D-trix" Sandoval.

My first reaction to this.... Dominic is way to much of a goofball to be a judge....

Jenny

4:54pm Apr 2 2011

Normal User

Even more reason to watch. D-Trix will liven the whole show up even more. :D

i’m such a gamer uwu
DanceIsLife

5:18pm Apr 2 2011

Normal User

Definately ^^ I have to say, I will miss Omarion though! D-trix is a clown and to see his view on things is gonna be very interesting. Season starts the 14th if I'm not mistaken?

Go to page: 1, 2